Iowa/Nebraska Cruise 2012 Idea

03snkvert

Established Member
It is that time of year again!

Time to start getting some Ideas etc for this years cruise.

First question would be- How many guys would want cruise to the Des Moines area and how many want to continue in the Council Bluffs area.

Second- What dates would you like to see. I thought the second week or so in June worked out pretty good, not to hot, not to cold. I am thinking like June 16th or 23rd.

Third- Where do we go to eat

Fourth- Do we go on a Cruise, or hit up some Go-Karts or what.

I am open to all ideas.

Corey

M240Bravo

Established Member
You know none of the omaha guys will drive that far. Don't want to put any miles on their one in a million cars. lol

Free bump for a guy that puts on great cruises.

XtraTQ

Established Member
I'm up for whatever is decided. I'd be up for driving to Des Moines.

+1 for putting together great cruises.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
You know none of the omaha guys will drive that far. Don't want to put any miles on their one in a million cars. lol

Free bump for a guy that puts on great cruises.

Lol my one in a million car wont make it to des moibes, but im definitely in if you guys come to the bluffs/ omaha.

03snkvert

Established Member
Thanks for the Compliments.

I realize a lot of guys done want to drive this far. It doesn't bother me too much to drive to CB because the last couple of years we have had great turn outs.

This thread is just to throw out some ideas and see whats up. If it comes down to having a cruise in DSM with 10 cars or Cruising up to CB with 30 I would rather roll out to CB.

Black Sex

Established Member
Im ok with going either way. I thought the Quaker Steak and lube was a good meeting place. Nice parking lot / good food.

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
Im down for either place as of right now. I think i could trust my car going to DM. I drove it last year from Sioux falls to omaha. it was a little rough but not terrible.

03snkvert

Established Member
I will still leave it up for discussion.

Quaker Steak and Lube worked out pretty well. Got there early enough that we could park wherever we wanted etc.

Kind of thought about that area again this year. I know it is right around the corner from an indoor go-kart track.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Count me in. CB/Omaha is good with me.

Don't care where we meet. I will need a two seat kart exemption to haul my large %$#.

03TermiCobra

Established Member
I'd be in for CB. QS&L was a good setup to walk around and check out everyones rides too. I'm down for cruisin down with Nick and the gang again.

mach1of03

Established Member
This is our third year and we are in for where ever it is held. One of the best times ever. This year will bring the hail damaged 85 four eye :bowdown:

Black Sex

Established Member
I'd be in for CB. QS&L was a good setup to walk around and check out everyones rides too. I'm down for cruisin down with Nick and the gang again.

:rockon:

This is our third year and we are in for where ever it is held. One of the best times ever. This year will bring the hail damaged 85 four eye :bowdown:

Don, you really selling the Mach? That saddens me :cryying:

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
From what i have learned trying to put events together its that you cant please everyone. I would say pick 1 of the 2 dates you have listed and this way everyone can prepare to take the time off. Plus theres going to be other events popping up here and there so if we wait to long then we will be competeing to set a date and might end up having a bad showing.

July brings Neliegh street drags like 2hrs from omaha (beginning of month usually) and then there is rock & rods in sioux city the 20-22th of july. Just a few big events for people to put in their calenders.

Black Sex

Established Member
From what i have learned trying to put events together its that you cant please everyone. I would say pick 1 of the 2 dates you have listed and this way everyone can prepare to take the time off. Plus theres going to be other events popping up here and there so if we wait to long then we will be competeing to set a date and might end up having a bad showing.

July brings Neliegh street drags like 2hrs from omaha (beginning of month usually) and then there is rock & rods in sioux city the 20-22th of july. Just a few big events for people to put in their calenders.

Rock-n-rods was a great time lastyear. For those that don't know about it, check it out on FB or Rock N Rods - Sioux City Iowa Downtown Partners.
Last year it was HOT! But it was still fun. 1/8th mile drag racing downtown, show-n-shine, and they might be adding some events but not sure. 2 day event!
My cobra made a few appearances in this video.
[youtube_browser]t0kkAzKe4Q8[/youtube_browser]

There is also live bands, and a few bars down there

Last edited:

GT4U2NV

Cobra converted coupe!!
Established Member
Yep i am planning on making the rock n rods event for sure this year. I didn't even hear about it last year and i was at the neliegh drags. I also plan to come up this weekend to go to the garage party.

Black Sex

Established Member
They are actually having the party at the dealership where I work. Not sure if I will be able to make it though.
I dont think they advertised much lastyear due to not knowing if the event was going to flop or not.
If you know you are coming this year don't wait untill the day of the event to sign up. The price goes the closer it gets.
Make sure you read the rules if you like to run N2o :nono:

FWIW, Our local mustang club will be having another all mustang show at the local Ford dealer again this year. Not sure on the date as of now. As soon as I know I will make a thread for it.

Anyways, back on topic. Not trying to Hijack :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread