Iowa Cruise

Are You Gonna Make the Cruise

• Total voters

yellow03cobra

Established Member
he should buy it then, a 1 yr loan wouldn't be that much to pay for the rest of it. Maybe get a saleen body kit for it. There is a guy around me that has a red saleen of about that year, never seen it out of the garage though, don't know if he still has it.

03snkvert

Established Member
That is what I was thinking. He was going to go in with 11 cash and see if they would take it.

Oh yeah the car is also an AUTO

SVTTuckF100

M&M Custom Finishes
Established Member
No, haven't had a chance to do much yet, 1 year old and work, taking up my whole day. Are they open on the weekends to call?

usually no, unless we are working on a custom car and/or have a deadline that needs to be met. I'll see if its okay for me to give ya Mark's cell and you can call him, his house is like 100yds from the the shop. I'll talk to him when I get to work tomorrow.

zeus201

Established Member
For around $10k ?

:-D, probably not.

what would you buy to replace it?

Just need to remount the connection between the xpipe and collectors and apply some RTV to seal better. Then replace the oil cooler, but they are expensive so I'm going to have to make due with using jb weld :bash:. Oil coolers are over $300. It makes a quarter sized puddle when it sits overnight.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Just need to remount the connection between the xpipe and collectors and apply some RTV to seal better. Then replace the oil cooler, but they are expensive so I'm going to have to make due with using jb weld :bash:. Oil coolers are over $300. It makes a quarter sized puddle when it sits overnight.

What part of the oil cooler is leaking?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Man, this new job is keeping me busy. Haven't had much time for internet surfing.

Those ID cards look cool, and I'm fine with whatever you guys decide for food at the shelter, if any.

Instead of a potluck next time, maybe we could do a BBQ. Everyone could chip in on meat, we could find someone with a truck to haul a grill or two out somewhere and cook away.

Eric91Z

Established Member
Depending on how big the next get together would be there is a small company that does mobile grilling - chicken and pork, I think.

When I was in the Mid-Iowa Camaro Club they used them and they were very good. Don't know the cost and can't remember the name, but could find out if need be next time around.

zeus201

Established Member
Kane...don't you have a truck :idea:

It'd be cool to have it catered, but might be a little pricey if we don't have enough people come out.

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Someone should PM "CobraSoze". He's a member of the Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc. who's moving back to Iowa from MD. He's gonna be in the Cedar Rapids area I believe. This would be a great way for him to hook up with some Cobra's in the Mid-west.

venamous01

Established Member
you guys should have a get together in the ceder rapids/ iowa city area. i would definantly come, and try to get some local guys to come with

03snkvert

Established Member
We will deff. try and cruise up to the Iowa City area sometime this summer! We will keep you informed and maybe you could let us know when would work good for you! Maybe sometime in July.

zeus201

Established Member
Just wondering if there is any interest in meeting up this weekend? The weather is looking pretty good and I think for the most part everybody has the cars out of storage. Probably just eat somewhere and shoot the sh$^.

Something I'd throw out there because I finally have an open weekend. It doesn't matter if it's Saturday or Sunday for me!

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Just wondering if there is any interest in meeting up this weekend? The weather is looking pretty good and I think for the most part everybody has the cars out of storage. Probably just eat somewhere and shoot the sh$^.

Something I'd throw out there because I finally have an open weekend. It doesn't matter if it's Saturday or Sunday for me!

I'm taking the new car to the races in Newton Sunday, would be up for something whether there or somewhere else sunday.

03snkvert

Established Member
I will have to play it by ear. I hope to have some paint work done this weekend and not quite sure how long it is going to take.

Users who are viewing this thread