Iowa Cruise 2010 (planning)

03snkvert

Established Member
I was just thinking about meeting up in Altoona at Prairie Meadows (right off of i-80) and starting the cruise off there.

Still trying to put together some more options!

03snkvert

Established Member
Got a reply back from Scott (NITEMARE) to try and put together something at his shop to end the cruise!

black six

Established Member
Well I am a little behind on the cruise this year, so it is time to get some details ironed out!

I was thinking about a cruise the started in Altoona, Ia. and went up to Saylorville Lake (stop and take some pics here and there) and the drive up to Ledges State park in Boone. We could then finish in Ames, Ia. at a restaurant where we could all stop and get a bite to eat.

I had plans to maybe finish at NITEMARES shop by I have yet to get a reponse from him if he would be ok with it.

I am open for any suggestions anybody has!

I would like to do this, the second or third weekend in June!

Corey

The third weekend of June would work best for me; I am going to be gone the 2nd full week of June for the RMMR. Just let me know far enough in advance--limited vacation time left.

03snkvert

Established Member
Trying for the 12th or 19th of June! If Scott is available we could do the 19th!

built97cobra

It's stock
Established Member
Trying for the 12th or 19th of June! If Scott is available we could do the 19th!

That would be sweet to end there.... and just let us know as you get things more solid so we can get the time off... have to let work know 3 weeks in advance and if its that early of notice I'm sure 99cobrajn and I could get a good local crowd to join us on the trip

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Hey what's guys, I'm from Newton area...haven't had a chance to really get out to shows because of all the problems I've been trying to get cleared up over the last year of ownership, but if ya'll don't mind, I'd actually like to get to know some people in the area in the hobby. I need people to talk Mustang to, because I'm driving my fiance nuts I guess. Although, I just think I'm having withdrawls with all the snow and the engine being rebuilt...cry.

03snkvert

Established Member
Hey what's guys, I'm from Newton area...haven't had a chance to really get out to shows because of all the problems I've been trying to get cleared up over the last year of ownership, but if ya'll don't mind, I'd actually like to get to know some people in the area in the hobby. I need people to talk Mustang to, because I'm driving my fiance nuts I guess. Although, I just think I'm having withdrawls with all the snow and the engine being rebuilt...cry.

We always have room for more!

03snkvert

Established Member
Well, To tell you the truth I have been kind of busy and it kind of slipped my mind!

I havent heard anything back from Nitemare, so I am not going to set anything up with him.

I would still be up for doing a cruise up to Saylorville and up to Ledges State park and then stopping in Ames to get a bite to eat.

Let me know what you guys think!

IACobra

Established Member
Nice setup!

There is another guy somewhere in the Des Moines with an awesome Redfire Vert with a pretty stout setup as well...polished KB and the works. I think he is tag on here is IA Cobra or something along those lines.

did someone mention my name?

Zeus---- how do you like the Cities? Lived in Lakeville for 20 years prior to moving "south."

Steve

zeus201

Established Member
did someone mention my name?

Zeus---- how do you like the Cities? Lived in Lakeville for 20 years prior to moving "south."

Steve

Cities are alright. Once my wife has completed her masters program, we are moving back "south" to Central IA. Lakeville is a really nice area. We are all the way up in Elk River since I work down in the Champlin / Brooklyn Park area.

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
I just picked up a DSG Cobra (my third Cobra), and would be interested in joining the cruise in June.

03snkvert

Established Member
It is looking like we may be pushing the this back a little, I have been super busy at work and at home and haven't had a whole lot of time to keep on top of this.

One of the other options I was looking at, In September the Iowa Speedway has a car show and drag racing, and the option to take you car out on the track. I thought it would be kind of cool to get 10-20 Mustangs etc together and cruise up there.

Let me know what everyone is thinking, I could still try and get something together for June, but don't know if I would be able to attend!

03snkvert

Established Member
I have not had anytime to work on anything for the cruise, however on June 19th the Mustang Club of Central Iowa is having a Dyno Day at Mid-States Machine on the East Side of Des Moines if anyone is interested in coming out.

Cost is $40 for 2 pulls and said they will go until no more cars!

Users who are viewing this thread