Introducing the SVTPerformance 2012 Mustang GT

S

snakeplisskin93

Nice!!!! I hope you baseline this on a dyno or track first at least a few times.

I volunteer to be the stig.:burnout:

AlCaPwn

Established Member
Congrats guys! Love the color. Awesome Vehicle choice. I look forward to the articles!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Very nice! I'm liking these cars more and more.

What shop will be turning wrenches on it?

We'll be doing work ourselves, but a lot of the SVTP vendors will also have hands on it.

If I had anything but an 04 cobra I would probbaly sell it for the new GT...maybe the wife would like one :)

Wait until you see my article comparing the Terminator and the 2011.:beer:

Nice!!!! I hope you baseline this on a dyno or track first at least a few times.

I volunteer to be the stig.:burnout:

We'll have tons of data.

01silverstang

Established Member
I agree on a solid N/A build. Anyone who picks up 5.0 or MM&FF knows that with blowers big numbers have already been had.

I would love to see how far you could take the N/A engine without changing the size. Seems like Tune + CAI equals 400whp... how much higher can you go?

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
Congrats on the new ride!

Here is your first mod.

Zoom H4N On-Camera DSLR Audio Kit H4N B&H Photo Video

It will make your audio quality night and day better than anything even the best prosumer HD camcorder mics can bring and that kit has everything needed to snag pro quality audio capture that can faithfully represent what your ears hear. the wind muff that kit has is an absolute must if you take the camera outside. The mic's are SUPER sensitive and with that muff on, I can hold mine up next to the open window in my car going 60 mph down the road and there is virtually zero wind buffeting on the mics.

Also, if your camera has an external mic

I have yet to hear a high quality audio recording/video capture of these cars which is a real shame since their sound is one of the most critical aspects of the car.

Whenever my car shows up, I'm planning on using my H4n with 2 more condenser mic's in the dyno room that can connect to the 2 extra mic inputs on the bottom of the H4n for 4 track stereo audio to go with whatever videos I do as well as using the H4n to get audio from outside the car on the road.

The cool thing about the H4n and that wind screen is that you can use any tripod mount (sticky pod for example) and mount the H4n to that anywhere on the outside of the car and as long as the thing isn't directly being blasted by wind, that wind muff makes it so you can't even tell that the mic is outside. This way, you can do a roof or hood mount camera and position the mic on the trunk or rear deck or bumper for the audio capture instead of having the wind blasting the mic head on resulting in totally useless audio.

Oh and I too would like to see this project stay N/A if possible and maybe built for road racing rather than drag racing. We've already got plenty of 1/4 mile 5.0's... i want to see one built that can take down a C6 Z06 on the race track.

DougT

Established Member
who is the actual Buyer of this car ? Curious and who is the salesman you dealt with ? My wife wants a New Focus and I may go here as A couple of friends of mine have bought from Crossroads and been very happy. You can PM if you don't want to post. If I do buy one Maybe they have a Birddog program.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
x2 not trying to start an argument but why not a new gt500 or something? sure they come supercharged and upgraded but im sure there is still plenty of room for improvement.

SVT products aren't nearly as relevant as they use to be when it comes to what's current. So it's smart for SVT Performance to pick a car that has more mass appeal.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Sweet. Crossroads in Cary is less than 30 from me. Pretty sure that is where my stepdad got his Harley F150.

You guys came from NMB to Cary to buy it?

Smitty98SVT

SVT Performance Keychain

Introducing the SVTPerformance 2012 Mustang GT

2012gt-29-edit.jpg

This has been a long time coming. For years we have been planning on getting a feature car for SVTP. Well the wait is finally over. A few days ago we picked up our new project car, a Yellow Blaze 2012 Mustang GT. It's a base model GT with 3.73s, Brembos, the reverse sensing system and security package, and that’s about it. This is not a very heavily optioned car, and we bought it this way for a reason. The way we look at, the fewer options the car has the more areas we’ll have to improve.

Speaking of improvements, that brings us to the purpose of the GT. It will be a test bed for tons of parts from vendors located all over the country. Our goal is to provide factual and unbiased information about as many aftermarket products as we can to the SVTP community. We intend for our reporting to be no-holds-barred, and the best quality available. We already have intakes, tunes, suspension mods, and possibly a couple of blowers lined up and ready to be installed and tested. We basically bought this car to provide the SVTP community with accurate, unbiased, and expansive information about the parts they may consider installing on their cars.

What will set this series of articles apart from most others you have seen is that this car will not be a static “build” or “project car.” This will be an ever evolving project. The combination will always be changing. We will revisit prior installed and removed parts to study how they interact with our newest mods. Parts will be going on and coming off of this car at record pace. We want to install full suspension systems, mix and match components, try different combinations, and then do it all over again in a different way. We believe this will be a truly exciting and deeply informative series for anyone interested in the new 5.0 powered Mustang GT.

Below are some photos of the car. If there is a particular part or combination of parts you’d like to see installed, tested, and reviewed feel free to post it up.

Here she is as she sat on the showroom floor.

2012gt-02-edit.jpg

We had to dealership refrain from performing an pre-delivery cleaning or prep. We wanted to peel the plastic ourselves (a little habit I picked up when I bought my 04 Lightning).

2012gt-03-edit.jpg

2012gt-04-edit.jpg

She only had 8.8 miles on her when delivered. I find that strangely fitting.

2012gt-05-edit.jpg

The glorious 5.0 Liter power plant.

2012gt-06-edit.jpg

Probably as clean as it will ever will be underneth. I find it disappointing that Ford still doesn't paint or coat the axles on these cars.

2012gt-07-edit.jpg

Anyone want to do an over/under on how long these mufflers will be on the car?

2012gt-08-edit.jpg

Let's hope these mileage estimates are true.

2012gt-09-edit.jpg

I love the shape of this hood.

2012gt-10-edit.jpg

Still has her shipping plastic intact.

2012gt-11-edit.jpg

Brembo equipped:coolman:

2012gt-12-edit.jpg

SVTP keychain, the only way to travel.:beer:

2012gt-13-edit.jpg

Cross Roads Ford in Cary, NC. Great dealership if you're ever in need of one.

2012gt-14-edit.jpg

Time to go home.

2012gt-15-edit.jpg

The Yellow Blaze paint is a three stage paint, and the color really changes a lot depending on the lighting conditions.

2012gt-16-edit.jpg

One of my biggest complaints about the base Mustang GT is the rubber steering wheel. In my opinion all GT's should come with a leather wrapped wheel. Rest assured that this one will be replaced with a superior unit in short order.

2012gt-17-edit.jpg

When I said I wanted the dealer not to prep the car I meant it.

2012gt-18-edit.jpg

If you look closely you may be able to see that this label has the date of manufacture on it, 2/22/11.

2012gt-19-edit.jpg

Probably just going to ignore this text.

2012gt-20-edit.jpg

These pics were taken after its first bath. Notice how much the color varies with the light. While it's no Mystichrome, it does change quite a bit.

2012gt-21-edit.jpg

2012gt-22-edit.jpg

2012gt-23-edit.jpg

2012gt-24-edit.jpg

2012gt-25-edit.jpg

2012gt-26-edit.jpg

2012gt-27-edit.jpg

2012gt-28-edit.jpg

2012gt-29-edit.jpg

2012gt-30-edit.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics.

2012gt-31-edit.jpg

2012gt-32-edit.jpg

2012gt-33-edit.jpg

2012gt-34-edit.jpg

2012gt-35-edit.jpg

2012gt-36-edit.jpg

2012gt-37-edit.jpg

-Cheers:beer:

Where can I get A SVT Performance Keychain?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sweet. Crossroads in Cary is less than 30 from me. Pretty sure that is where my stepdad got his Harley F150.

You guys came from NMB to Cary to buy it?

Yep

Nice Car! But where can I get one of those SVT Performance Keychains?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cartplog.php

I agree on a solid N/A build. Anyone who picks up 5.0 or MM&FF knows that with blowers big numbers have already been had.

I would love to see how far you could take the N/A engine without changing the size. Seems like Tune + CAI equals 400whp... how much higher can you go?

Why not do both?

who is the actual Buyer of this car ? Curious and who is the salesman you dealt with ? My wife wants a New Focus and I may go here as A couple of friends of mine have bought from Crossroads and been very happy. You can PM if you don't want to post. If I do buy one Maybe they have a Birddog program.

Ask for Craig Maxa.

x2 not trying to start an argument but why not a new gt500 or something? sure they come supercharged and upgraded but im sure there is still plenty of room for improvement.

For the most part from a moddability standpoint the GT500 is the same now as it was when first introduced. simply put, it's just not new enough to justify doing this project with. When that changes you can bet we'll be picking one up.

SVT Pille

Established Member
Wow I really love the color, can't wait to see how it performs with the different setups... I am a fan! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread