***Intimidators Mecca Tune HID Group Purchase***

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I can't wait for my ballast to come in. I think I shoulda just went to henry's place directly instead of shipping it back. He's right across the GWB from me. How did you hook up with him Intimidator?

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
None of the complaints have been directed towards Intimidator. As far as he was responsible for the GP, he did a great job in hooking us up and props to him.:thumbsup:

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
I saw a thread a couple of days back with pictures on the installs but i've looked for it and i can't find it. can someone please post a link to it?

GoatDaddy

Seems like a few people are getting a bit pissed here, so I figured I'd butt in with a little support for Intimidator...

I've personally dealt with D before, and I can say from my experience that he's a stand-up guy who goes out on a limb for people all the time. Anyone who has been to his Crandon Park BBQ's can see the amount of work, time, and $ he invests for the motorsports cause. I have no doubt that he will do his best to resolve the problems that some people are having. (ANd if he doesn't, ZincDude and I will pound his azz and steal the rims off his car... )

Also, if any of you have suggestions on how to run a group buy more efficiently, I'm sure D would be glad to have the advice.

:beer: to all.

J15BIG

Established Member
Has anyone gotten their kit from the GP that ended on May 2nd?

I was told it was going to be shipped on Friday, the 7th. Then I was told it was going to be shipped the next wed, the 12th. Now, the 18th, I have not recieved my kit and the guy doesn't answer IMs or Emails???

seunglee

Established Member
happened to me but they sent it on friday the 14th and I tracked it. It is scheduled for delivery on the 20th

J15BIG

Established Member
did he send you a tracking number? did you have to ask for it, or did he just send it?

Weasel

Established Member
I'm still waiting as well. Haven't received a tracking number. Maybe I'll email the guy to see if my order is lost in the cosmos.

Mike

BBriBro

Established Member
I purchased from the 2nd GB and haven't heard anything. The last thing I read was that they would ship on May 7th, I emailed him on May 9th for a tracking number, I got no reply, and there are no updates on the website. I think this is poor, I can understand him getting backed up with shipping, due to so many orders at once, but how hard is it to type one email, and send it to everyone on the list at once? That wouldn't take too much effort, and a little information would certainly go a long way to pacify those that have sent money in "blind faith"

J15BIG

Established Member
Well, I have sent him 3+ emails and I Instant Message him every day, I have not heard a thing. The last he told me, which was through IM, was that they were shipping the wed after they were supposed to ship, which I think was the 12th. I probably talked to him on the 10th or so. Thats almost 10 days with no contact?

TargeT

Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Has anyone heard of these before?? Seems interesting.
ttt

the price on these is ok(if you guys get them, i hope so, internet fraud is lame :mj: ,) as long as you realize these are by no means a true HID set up (you'd need the projectors for that) these will just be super bright headlights that will mostlikely glare very badly & you'll prolly get tickets

;) I've done a couple of true HID conversions before, THose turn out great,

this is what i call Rice HID.

here's some links i gathered when i did the HID conversion on my Talon

F A Q's (read first)
http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html (good broad coverage)
More informational reading
http://www.usc.edu/dept/engineering/illumin/archives/spring2000/etc/xenon/
http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/216460?it=0

enjoy

Last edited:

Weasel

Established Member
Mine just arrived tonight. This was from the GP that ended 5/2.

Mike

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Weasel
Mine just arrived tonight. This was from the GP that ended 5/2.

Mike
I am eagerly waiting, since I paid on May 2nd nd haven't heard anything.....period. Is this the same guy that goes by "meccatuneusa" on ebay? If so, how does he have only 3 negative feedbacks? Does he communicate with his ebay buyers, but not us? Two weeks with no product and no communication on ebay would get you plenty of negative feedback.

Weasel

Established Member
I don't know if it's the same guy, but you're absolutely right.
Anyway, I got mine, you should get yours soon. Since the time I ordered I heard nothing; then last evening it was delivered.
I'm sure it will be fine.

Mike

BBriBro

Established Member
I finally received my kit today, still no reply to email. Anyway, my ballasts do not look like the others pictured on this forum, or those on his website. I peeled my "meccatune" decal back to look for the Hella decal underneath (or hella printing directly on the housing) and there was none, so :shrug: How do we know that we really got hella ballasts? That is one of the ONLY reasons I went against my better judgement and bought this kit, I did not and do not want some imitation japanese knock off. I wanted either Philips or Hella, now I'm not sure what I have. Also, did they change their logo or anything else? My logos, decals, packaging, etc, look nothing like those posted here a month or so ago.

BBriBro

Established Member
One other thing, The kit arrived UPS next day air, which means it has been nearly 3 weeks before he even shipped the item. It must have been out of stock, but why no e-mail or even a phone call. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

Weasel

Established Member
Glad to hear you finally received your kit.

Mike

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Hi guys. Sorry I've been out for a while.

If anyone has not received their kit yet please let me know and I will personally take the matter up with Henry. Yes he was backed up but that is no reason as to why he didn't respond to your emails.

Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you may have suffered. You can bet your asses that I will be talking to Henry about this.

Originally posted by TargeT
the price on these is ok(if you guys get them, i hope so, internet fraud is lame :mj: ,) as long as you realize these are by no means a true HID set up (you'd need the projectors for that) these will just be super bright headlights that will mostlikely glare very badly & you'll prolly get tickets

;) I've done a couple of true HID conversions before, THose turn out great,

this is what i call Rice HID.

here's some links i gathered when i did the HID conversion on my Talon

F A Q's (read first)
http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html (good broad coverage)
More informational reading
http://www.usc.edu/dept/engineering/illumin/archives/spring2000/etc/xenon/
http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/216460?it=0

enjoy

:rollseyes

Price is excellent. Find me an HID kit for cheaper that is worth a damn. There is no "fraud" here, just some shipping delays.

Glare? Nope, sorry. I've been driving with mine for a couple of weeks now and have yet to be flashed at by any oncoming traffic. If they are aligned properly you have nothing to worry about. Also, your "true" HID cost considerably more and has a lot more risk to it than "rice" HID kits.

On another note your first link doesn't work. The pictures in the second one are BS. And the 3rd and 4th links "authority" are questionable.

Originally posted by BBriBro
I am eagerly waiting, since I paid on May 2nd nd haven't heard anything.....period. Is this the same guy that goes by "meccatuneusa" on ebay? If so, how does he have only 3 negative feedbacks? Does he communicate with his ebay buyers, but not us? Two weeks with no product and no communication on ebay would get you plenty of negative feedback.

Yup, same guy. That is one of the main reasons why I went with him. Apparently he just couldn't keep up with the amount of orders being place. Like I said before, that is still no excuse as to not replying and letting everyone know.

Originally posted by BBriBro
I finally received my kit today, still no reply to email. Anyway, my ballasts do not look like the others pictured on this forum, or those on his website. I peeled my "meccatune" decal back to look for the Hella decal underneath (or hella printing directly on the housing) and there was none, so :shrug: How do we know that we really got hella ballasts? That is one of the ONLY reasons I went against my better judgement and bought this kit, I did not and do not want some imitation japanese knock off. I wanted either Philips or Hella, now I'm not sure what I have. Also, did they change their logo or anything else? My logos, decals, packaging, etc, look nothing like those posted here a month or so ago.

They are Hella OEM. I am unsure as to where the markings would be since I didn't remove the Mecca Tune sticker. What did your kit look like? The originals I posted where apparently his old design (which he hasn't updated on his site). Your kit should look like the one that is posted on my site. www.intimidator.netfirms.com.

TargeT

Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator

Price is excellent. Find me an HID kit for cheaper that is worth a damn. There is no "fraud" here, just some shipping delays.

Glare? Nope, sorry. I've been driving with mine for a couple of weeks now and have yet to be flashed at by any oncoming traffic. If they are aligned properly you have nothing to worry about. Also, your "true" HID cost considerably more and has a lot more risk to it than "rice" HID kits.

On another note your first link doesn't work. The pictures in the second one are BS. And the 3rd and 4th links "authority" are questionable

didn't mean to sound like i was bashin on you,,

I picked up the same kit for 600 bucks (ouch, i was new.. :p) and i retro'd an HID projector setup on my Eagle Talon

turned out great, except one of the balasts failed on me after about 100 hours of use, (I'm sure thats an isolated case) and dont trust the sticky pad + plate instalation, both my sticky pad things fell off and my balasts were siting loose till i used some tiewraps to secure them

these lights are very bright, and do glare compared to a (much more expensive) HID bulb + projector setup or your stock lights

they are also becoming illegal in many states

I'm not trying to dissuade anyone, just things to keep in mind, I'd still buy them, better lighting is always a plus.

I've spoken with the vender also, these aren't hella or philips, they are jap stuff, but Lexus uses them for some of their modles, seemed good enough to me

I'm sure you'll all enjoy them, just make sure you secure those ballasts!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread