***Intimidators Mecca Tune HID Group Purchase***

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
can someone do a shot on an empty road and see how far the light reachs? Like a before and after shot?
get a shot of low beams, high beams, and HIDs, all in the same place... Im tryign to see if i can even see the same distance with the HIDs... know I definately dont have as much reach vs the halogen high beams, but I hope I have the same, if not greater reach than the halogen lows.

99cobraclone

Established Member
is their a warranty on this kit? I got mine yesterday but I don't see myself installing these for a month or two. I don't even have a cobra yet and I will put them on when I get it. However I will test them on my GT to make sure I don't have a busted set. I agree that they were poorly packaged, there was no pretection what so ever!

seunglee

Established Member
hey intimidator, I just read this thread and I've been looking into buying HIDs as well. I want the 6500k, but i have heard that you can buy ones that will also function as high beams. Do these look as good as Phillips HIDs that come in other nice cars? I am about to purchase Phillips from my friend for under $500. But I would rather pay 290 if it looks just as good. Oh yeah i really like it when HID lights flicker and change in color when car goes over bumps. Please give me descriptions on these so I can make my final decision. Thanks.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
You will need some projectors if you want that flickering effect.. that will definately not happen with a set of these HIDs.

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
I saw a focus yesterday that had projectors on it and they looked like OEM. Projectors on a focus but not on a cobra. lol

svtxchinoy

Established Member
That might have been the Euro package on the SVT Focus. They have the HID option from the factory. Wish we had it in the first place.

Originally posted by Intimidator
Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been updating as much as I should, but school is driving me crazy right now.

Anyway, for those of you having trouble communicating with Henry: He is usually very quick to respond to emails, please make sure that you are emailling him with the same email that is registered in your PayPal account so that he knows who you are.

All orders that were received by the 15th will be shipped out today. So, if you want to make sure that you receive your tracking information, please email Henry asking him for that information (from the email that corresponds to your PayPal account).

By the way, the people that are having to wait the longest are the ones that ordered the 6500K kit. Henry had a low stock for those, and since this group purchase was set up primarily for 8300K, and most people ended up getting the 6500K he ran out of the 6500K until his new shipment arrived.

Patience my friends.....most of the kits are on the way to your houses as I type this.

Henry has not returned one email, I've sent several over the past week 1/2. I ordered before the original deadline and have not received anything nor do I even have a tracking #. I ordered the 8300k kit, so that excuse won't fly.:fm:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobraclone
is their a warranty on this kit? I got mine yesterday but I don't see myself installing these for a month or two. I don't even have a cobra yet and I will put them on when I get it. However I will test them on my GT to make sure I don't have a busted set. I agree that they were poorly packaged, there was no pretection what so ever!

One year warranty.

Originally posted by seunglee
hey intimidator, I just read this thread and I've been looking into buying HIDs as well. I want the 6500k, but i have heard that you can buy ones that will also function as high beams. Do these look as good as Phillips HIDs that come in other nice cars? I am about to purchase Phillips from my friend for under $500. But I would rather pay 290 if it looks just as good. Oh yeah i really like it when HID lights flicker and change in color when car goes over bumps. Please give me descriptions on these so I can make my final decision. Thanks.

Check your PMs. I replied.

Originally posted by termin8tor
Henry has not returned one email, I've sent several over the past week 1/2. I ordered before the original deadline and have not received anything nor do I even have a tracking #. I ordered the 8300k kit, so that excuse won't fly.:fm:

You already received your tracking #. Check your PMs. The number isn't going through because, apparently, your email isn't accepting it.

svtinak

Established Member
Originally posted by svtxchinoy
Yeah, everything was plugged in. It makes this wierd sound when I turn on the headlights. The other ballast is pretty quiet on startup, but this one makes a wierd slight buzzing noise. Is that normal?? Well, the one that is working is great. The light is definately more noticeable and I love the way the xenons warm up. Did that other person get a new ballast too?

Had the EXACT same problem, buzzing and all. I sent him my bad one and he sent out a new one 2-3 days ago. Hopefully I get it today or tomorrow. I was curious to know if anyone else would get a bad one... hopefully we're the only two!

03SnakeBlack

Well I just had a chance to install my kit today and guess what one of the ballast is not working. I swaped the ballasts and the same results the one is not working I checked all the wiring and everything is fine. Ill be sending him an email tonight I was hoping to go driving tonight , but not anymore.:cuss:

99cobraclone

Established Member
Originally posted by BlackSnakeSVT
Well I just had a chance to install my kit today and guess what one of the ballast is not working. I swaped the ballasts and the same results the one is not working I checked all the wiring and everything is fine. Ill be sending him an email tonight I was hoping to go driving tonight , but not anymore.:cuss:

Dude this sucks, I bet you I will have the same problem. If this dude would actually protect the F'n goods in the first place instead of worrying how pretty the f'm box looks like I bet none of us would have any problems.

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
well i still haven't gotten my kit and i hope i'm pleased with it... but either way i've already come to the conclusion that i should have just shelled out some more money for a better quality kit and better customer service.

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
okay this ABSOLUTELY F*ING RIDICULOUS. now i'm PISSED :mj: i had not emailed the guy to ask for a shipping number because i figured he was swamped with them from all the other people. he never emailed it to me without asking so i finally gave him an email 2 days ago requesting it. He replies my email with a link to my paypal information. The email said NOTHING else. so i replied and told him i wanted my tracking number not a link to my paypal invoice. He then replies that "oh yeah... i had been meaning to speak with you about that" so he tells me that because the shipping address does not match the address on the credit card he can't send it to me. He waits until NOW to tell me this. i have NEVER before had this problem when buying parts online from all kinds of different shops and stores. then he still has the nerve to tell me that atleast he saved a kit for me!! when he's already accepted the money!! (and had charged me $10 more than all of you people for the 6500k kit!!). now the credit card is maxed out and i can't send him anymore money that he wants to confirm it!!:cuss:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by SvTaNg03
okay this ABSOLUTELY F*ING RIDICULOUS. now i'm PISSED :mj: i had not emailed the guy to ask for a shipping number because i figured he was swamped with them from all the other people. he never emailed it to me without asking so i finally gave him an email 2 days ago requesting it. He replies my email with a link to my paypal information. The email said NOTHING else. so i replied and told him i wanted my tracking number not a link to my paypal invoice. He then replies that "oh yeah... i had been meaning to speak with you about that" so he tells me that because the shipping address does not match the address on the credit card he can't send it to me. He waits until NOW to tell me this. i have NEVER before had this problem when buying parts online from all kinds of different shops and stores. then he still has the nerve to tell me that atleast he saved a kit for me!! when he's already accepted the money!! (and had charged me $10 more than all of you people for the 6500k kit!!). now the credit card is maxed out and i can't send him anymore money that he wants to confirm it!!:cuss:

It was clearly stated that he would only ship to the confirmed address on the PayPal account. So that is nothing new. If for some reason you overlooked that there's nothing I can do for you. Henry does that to cover his own ass since he has been burned before in the same situation that you are in.

PM me the email address that you used for PayPal, your full name, and any other pertinant information that you deem necessary. I'll contact Henry on your behalf and see what I can do for you.

Out of the 40+ kits that have been sold in the GP only a hand full of people have had problems, and they have all been from SVTPerformance.

PM me the info I requested and I'll do the best I can for you. I don't want anyone to have a negative experience.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobraclone
Dude this sucks, I bet you I will have the same problem. If this dude would actually protect the F'n goods in the first place instead of worrying how pretty the f'm box looks like I bet none of us would have any problems.

My box came with a nice dent on the side from UPS and Henry's box didn't even have a scratch on it.

Also, you haven't even installed your kit so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't talk so much shit and try to start trouble.

svtinak

Established Member
My box came with a nice dent on the side from UPS and Henry's box didn't even have a scratch on it.

Also, you haven't even installed your kit so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't talk so much shit and try to start trouble.

Well I received my new ballast yesterday afternoon and finished up the installation last night. I am totally happy with this setup. I'll try to get some pics tonight.

Henry kept good communication with me through this deal. I had a bad ballast but no big deal. Waited another week and I had the new one in and working perfectly.

Thanks Intimidator!

99cobraclone

Established Member

I'm not talking shit dude, I just think you ran this group buy the wrong way. I have ran three and have NOT had one complaint at all. We're also talking about 150+ items with not one complaint. You have seem to sold about 40 and have at least three complaints, hmm you're making a name for yourself alright;-)

Users who are viewing this thread