Intake Spacers (revisited)...

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
See what I mean? all the naysayers do not have actual hands-on experience themselves. It all comes from what they read around here...all based on one person's flawed installation error.

All those with actual personal experience say the opposite.

There are not alot of guys I would trust with that kind of info. But, Naz is one I would trust. I haven't talked to him about it, but if it says it doesn't provide any gains, I'd believe him. I don't think anyone has gotten more out of a stock shorblock or a 4.6 based motor than he has. Plus, this is a cheap mod. I don't think anything is cheaper outside of a drop in K&N.

But, in general I agree with you. Too much hearsay.

Sny714

Established Member
See what I mean? all the naysayers do not have actual hands-on experience themselves. It all comes from what they read around here...all based on one person's flawed installation error.

All those with actual personal experience say the opposite.

How can you say this? I posted I installed one from PHP with a ported lower and had the car retuned and Im not sure it gave a big enough gain. I wish I wouldve saved the $100.

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
if there is no gain from this, i will find out when i dyno. either way i wont mind because i am planning on going boost later in which having more volume in the intake from the spaecer will help, i hope lol.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I personally think there will be a loss in power with this spacer.. but I guess the dyno will tell the truth.

Pablogreystone

I'm new here but I have the Karkraft 3/8" spacer and I felt a noticeable torque gain below 5000 rpm. I didn't care about peak HP gains, I wanted more low end and that's what I got. No dyno #'s though!

Paul

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
How can you say this? I posted I installed one from PHP with a ported lower and had the car retuned and Im not sure it gave a big enough gain. I wish I wouldve saved the $100.

Seriously dude, you have long tubes, mid-pipe, catback, ported lower intake, spacer, CAI plus a TUNE and you are only making 317/309?

I doubt a spacer would help you at all since there must be something seriously wrong with your set up with those low numbers, that is why we feel that your spacer feedback is irrelevant to this discussion.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
if there is no gain from this, i will find out when i dyno. either way i wont mind because i am planning on going boost later in which having more volume in the intake from the spaecer will help, i hope lol.

If there are proven gains from an FI setup with a spacer I'm getting it

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Seriously dude, you have long tubes, mid-pipe, catback, ported lower intake, spacer, CAI plus a TUNE and you are only making 317/309?

I doubt a spacer would help you at all since there must be something seriously wrong with your set up with those low numbers, that is why we feel that your spacer feedback is irrelevant to this discussion.

Numbers vary from dyno to dyno, tuner to tuner and engine to engine so how can you say there is something seriously wrong with his setup.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
If anyone would like their car used an intake test mule contact me. I have three designs that need to be tested.

Sny714

Established Member

Yep something seriously wrong with my car. Take a walk. As Na SVT mentioned things are different from tuner to tuner and dyno to dyno. The tuner I used was only used for my retune because the previous owner had him tune it and I wanted direct number from the same tuner to see if I made a difference. "We feel that your spacer feedback is irrelevant to this discussion" Who is we?? Half the people who posted say theyve seen that the gains werent amazing or even there. The other half is saying they dont know the outcome and to try it.

Stop complaining about the naysayers and spend the $100 for the spacer, plus before and after dyno fees.

And by the way, above 320rwhp/320rwtq for NA bolt on Cobras is rare. Thats why you see people congratulating those that have dynoed that much because you dont see that often.

Last edited:

SVECobraR

Established Member

I have the same mods, well mid lengths, RAI and no spacer and make around the same power, so is there something seriously wrong with my car too.

Pre fix my car dynoed 264rwhp, now i dyno 312rwhp on 91 and 320 on 100. I think 48rwhp for the price and mods is pretty decent.

Numbers are just numbers man, it depends on how the damn thing runs and when mine runs (broken tranny) it runs freakin hard.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Yep something seriously wrong with my car. Take a walk. As Na SVT mentioned things are different from tuner to tuner and dyno to dyno. The tuner I used was only used for my retune because the previous owner had him tune it and I wanted direct number from the same tuner to see if I made a difference. "We feel that your spacer feedback is irrelevant to this discussion" Who is we?? Half the people who posted say theyve seen that the gains werent amazing or even there. The other half is saying they dont know the outcome and to try it.

Stop complaining about the naysayers and spend the $100 for the spacer, plus before and after dyno fees.

And by the way, above 320rwhp/320rwtq for NA bolt on Cobras is rare. Thats why you see people congratulating those that have dynoed that much because you dont see that often.

You sound bitter :lol:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Wow.....just wow.

There was a write done on the mach1review about his on a mach 1. THey gained 14 RWTQ. Same dyno, but different days 2000 miles later. So take it for what it is. I can't see 14 rwtq gained simply from humidity and temperature. NO TUNE was done after the install. Simply using hte old dyno numbers on the same DJ a few months later, installing the spacer and then dynoing it. It did affect the A/F a tad.

Machs have different HCI's and are setup for low to mid range TQ. increasing that setup with low-mid range TQ from the spacer is where the SOTP feel comes from. We should all know that TQ is what you feel in the lower RPMs. If I had known this topic would have been so controversial I would have done a before and aft. I can tell you I spent a full 12 months researching mods before getting them for my DSG mach....(aside from the Borla STingers...:rockon:). Most of the guys that got them back then have sold off their machs and dont' hang around much anymore so Dyno sheets are limited.

IMO, it's the best $100 I spent and also felt the SOTP the very first time I put it on. Because of that, I also had one installed on my P1SC AB mach.

You have to keep in mind, this is NOT an HP mod..it's a TQ mod. The main reason I can see the 99/01s not being worth while is they are setup for upper HP vs. the machs low end.

Sny714

Established Member
006- I sound bitter? You sound cheap.

I wasnt saying it didnt work. I was saying from my experience it didnt seem like it did much on mine. I like how people say it should work because it worked on a mach, but its a different motor. Like PonyGt65 said, machs have different HCI and always kill 99-01 Cobras in TQ. Maybe some of the TQ I gained below the curve is due to the spacer. Who knows but I would imagine 90% of the tq gain was because of the ported lower.

I would like to see a before and after dyno of one that is put on a NA 99-01.

MrBrain

Corner carver
Established Member
yeah BUMP. I'd like to know too rather than seeing people arguing about it :beer:

01bluesnake

Established Member
just giving everyone an update, i have the dyno anytime i need, just waiting on the kit from karkraft. i emailed their ebay seller today, just waiting for a response on a tracking number or if it has been sent.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
just giving everyone an update, i have the dyno anytime i need, just waiting on the kit from karkraft. i emailed their ebay seller today, just waiting for a response on a tracking number or if it has been sent.

good deal man...keep us posted. put this debate out of its misery once and for all. subscribing....

Users who are viewing this thread