installing long tubes

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Make sure if you get a tune from Shawn, you put the stock tune back in the car before loading the new tune….Good luck.

Yeah I know lol, I have made this mistake before lol. One quick question , if I unplug the battery completely will the car loose the tune ?

Nuar

Established Member
No it will not.
Its like your home computer.
Once you load windows onto the hard drive, it stays there. You can shut it off, unplug it, but when you turn it back on, windows and all your data are still there.
Same concept here.
The tune rewrites the software on your car's computer.

Last edited:

2rbo97svt

Established Member
No it will not.
Once you load windows onto the hard drive, it stays there. You can shut it off, unplug it, but when you turn it back on, windows and all your data are still there.
Same concept here.

Thank you, I wasnt sure.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
No it will not.
Same concept here.

well I did some data log on my car ti see how everything is working. The tune is for 93 but the gas I had o the car was acting like cheap 87 and it was adding timing, the car was reading knock on the high RPM range 5.25 positve, which for my understand is high(I dont know where is suplosed to be at high RPMs). So I went and added 5 gallons of 104 unleaded to my half the tank to see if this will fix the hole knocking issue, I did another data log and it read 1.00 positive knock on WOT, im guessing thats good and it qas just cheap gas.

Make sure if you get a tune from Shawn, you put the stock tune back in the car before loading the new tune….Good luck.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Finally dyno tuned the car at BBR about a week or 2 ago, I dont understand much about how the autos work with how much powrr loss there is or about torque converters. The number on the dyno were 383 I believe, he said due to the torque converter not fully locking up. He said that it would be about 415 or so. The car runs amazing I mean with some big ass tires I have the car still with all the traction controll on it stills burn the tires in first and half way through 2nd. These guys are great and good help with any issues or questions.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Finally dyno tuned the car at BBR about a week or 2 ago, I dont understand much about how the autos work with how much powrr loss there is or about torque converters. The number on the dyno were 383 I believe, he said due to the torque converter not fully locking up. He said that it would be about 415 or so. The car runs amazing I mean with some big ass tires I have the car still with all the traction controll on it stills burn the tires in first and half way through 2nd. These guys are great and good help with any issues or questions.

Nice! Glad you got it all worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread