installing long tubes

2rbo97svt

Established Member
To be honest, i dont even remember, so i am assuming my ARH pieces gave me a little more clearance maybe. Take a pic maybe

Thanks fellas I was avle to get all the ones on the driver side and tomorrow I will do the driver side. The car is fully together. The oroblem now is that my x pipe that comes with the kit doesnt fit, the headers are about a 1/4 of an inch wider where is suppose to meet with the x pipe(not the hole itself fits is the with from header to header where they meet with the x or h pipe).

I used studs on mine. Be patient as others have said. Seven bolts will leak!!

Grab a beer

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Thanks fellas I was avle to get all the ones on the driver side and tomorrow I will do the driver side. The car is fully together. The oroblem now is that my x pipe that comes with the kit doesnt fit, the headers are about a 1/4 of an inch wider where is suppose to meet with the x pipe(not the hole itself fits is the with from header to header where they meet with the x or h pipe).

Grab a buddy and give them a good bend…They will go…1/4" is nothing.

Nuar

Established Member
I had a similar problem with my h pipe but on the catback connecting end. The h outlets were too close together, one leg was pointing slightly in. I brought it to a local muffler shop, the guy heated it up with a torch, and used a long tube to "persuade it" straight.

Tyler72

Established Member
Keep in mind that with some headers there are certain bolts you have to start first. If you put in all the others & snug them sometimes others won't go. I always make sure they are started by a few threads only (all of them) before I even attempt to begin tightening them.

Keep at it, you'll get it. But as others have said... DO NOT leave any bolts out or loose.

2rbo97svt

Established Member

Hey do one of the hwaders always lower then the other ? Because one of mine is about an inch lower. Also I hear like a little ticking noise do long tubes do that ? Everything running good as hell and damn the car pulls. It fells a little laggy though I think maybe is just me.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
I had a similar problem with my h pipe but on the catback connecting end. The h outlets were too close together, one leg was pointing slightly in. I brought it to a local muffler shop, the guy heated it up with a torch, and used a long tube to "persuade it" straight.

I was able to fix it I had to cut it and adapt it but it works and looks good.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Hey do one of the hwaders always lower then the other ? Because one of mine is about an inch lower. Also I hear like a little ticking noise do long tubes do that ? Everything running good as hell and damn the car pulls. It fells a little laggy though I think maybe is just me.

Keep in mind that with some headers there are certain bolts you have to start first. If you put in all the others & snug them sometimes others won't go. I always make sure they are started by a few threads only (all of them) before I even attempt to begin tightening them.

Keep at it, you'll get it. But as others have said... DO NOT leave any bolts out or loose.

Well I took the car to the dyno, it made 376 on a dynomax or so.ething like that the guy said it was SAE. Is it supposed to be that low even though is an auto ? Also the intake is not fitting right and im guessing is now getting enough air could that hurt that bad the power ?

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Well I took the car to the dyno, it made 376 on a dynomax or so.ething like that the guy said it was SAE. Is it supposed to be that low even though is an auto ? Also the intake is not fitting right and im guessing is now getting enough air could that hurt that bad the power ?

Yeah thats way low. What tune are you running?

What do you mean, the intake "is not fitting right"?

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Yeah thats way low. What tune are you running?

What do you mean, the intake "is not fitting right"?

Ill take pics of the intake , apparently airaid came put with a new intake thats for the people that havw GTs and do tbw boss IM swap. The air box just dont sit the way is supposed to at all.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
I sent you the pics by the way

Got them. The only thing that stands out in the pics is the coupling on the TB end….Thats a pretty steep step-down. Is AM going to get you the correct coupling?

Besides the low numbers, how is the car running? Does it feel strong?

I would call Bama and discuss your numbers and any possible drivability issues….They will probably have you data log to see what is going on. If they make no adjustments and tell you all is good, I would jump ship and go with an AED tune…A Boss mani, LT Header car should put down more power than that…even through an auto.

Users who are viewing this thread