installing long tubes

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
:dw:

Land and sea dynos read like the mustang dynos, Not sure they are that popular.

I'm aware they read slightly lower…Not many shops run them…at least in my area. Even if it was a Dynomite dyno, I still feel the number are low….but what do I know?

Last edited:

hopony

Established Member
I'm aware they read slightly lower…Not many shops run them…at least in my area. Even if it was a Dynomite dyno, I still feel the number are low….but what do I know?

Lol not sure where the purple face thing came from in my last post. I would not know that land and sea existed but I have a friend that owns one and it reads about 10% lower than a 2 dynojets that I have used

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Got them. The only thing that stands out in the pics is the coupling on the TB end….Thats a pretty steep step-down. Is AM going to get you the correct coupling?

Besides the low numbers, how is the car running? Does it feel strong?

I would call Bama and discuss your numbers and any possible drivability issues….They will probably have you data log to see what is going on. If they make no adjustments and tell you all is good, I would jump ship and go with an AED tune…A Boss mani, LT Header car should put down more power than that…even through an auto.

I called them and data logged everything and senr them.

The only other popular dyno I am aware of that will consistently put out lower numbers are Mustang Dynos.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I lost a shit ton of power with Bama, long while ago, by adding a Boss 302 IM on by 2011 GT I had.

Peak loss was nearly 30rwhp and midrange HP loss was as high as 40.

Same dyno, similar weather. Same 5th gear pulls.

Bama told me the tunes were fine. Started into a whole other mess.

Regardless. Point was, went to another tuner, gained the power back and then some.

Not surprised you lost power with that many mods and Bama.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
I lost a shit ton of power with Bama, long while ago, by adding a Boss 302 IM on by 2011 GT I had.

Regardless. Point was, went to another tuner, gained the power back and then some.

:eek:

2rbo97svt

Established Member

Well guess ill be taking the car to someone, If this doesnt get resolve.

Last edited:

2rbo97svt

Established Member
What is AM doing about the Airaid fitment?…Do not leave it like it is.

They sent me another one that airaid came out with for the boss IM guys. And the exhaust issue will get fixed as well , im very disappointed with them.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
They sent me another one that airaid came out with for the boss IM guys. And the exhaust issue will get fixed as well , im very disappointed with them.

JBA's didn't "fit like a glove" like everyone said huh?… Sucks, but don't get down about it. You will get it worked out. Get the new intake on. PM Shawn at AED and see if he would be willing to look at your log files and see what he thinks….I guarantee there is room for improvement.

I'm switching to an AED tune once I do my headers.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
JBA's didn't "fit like a glove" like everyone said huh?… Sucks, but don't get down about it. You will get it worked out. Get the new intake on. PM Shawn at AED and see if he would be willing to look at your log files and see what he thinks….I guarantee there is room for improvement.

Im in Miami, do you think they will send me an email tune?

Nuar

Established Member
Shaun wont care if you're in siberia lol.
All he cares about is your logs. Message him, he will tell you what parameters he needs logged and then he will write a personalized sweet tune for you.

He is the man. There is a reason why everyone praises AED so much.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
All he cares about is your logs. Message him, he will tell you what parameters he needs logged and then he will write a personalized sweet tune for you.

Alright lol, ill give him a call .

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Alright lol, ill give him a call .

That is who I went with. Wasn't trying to start a tuning war.

I think anyone, VMP, AED, Lund, etc. is better than Bama.

I personally like Shaun at AED as he has been datalogging (forcing you to do so) for a long while. Maybe since the start.

others...are just finally doing so, but still with an attitude of, "it isn't really needed..."

Just be prepared to datalogg your car as it sits before Shaun will consider tuning it.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
That is who I went with. Wasn't trying to start a tuning war.

I think anyone, VMP, AED, Lund, etc. is better than Bama.

I personally like Shaun at AED as he has been datalogging (forcing you to do so) for a long while. Maybe since the start.

others...are just finally doing so, but still with an attitude of, "it isn't really needed..."

Just be prepared to datalogg your car as it sits before Shaun will consider tuning it.

Shit I data logged my car for 20 min today, from iddle to balls to the wall wot.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member

Using The Lateset Version of SCT Live Link Gen2 log the following on a fully warmed up engine:

RPM
Knock
Spark
Spark V2
Maf lb/min
Maf Frequency
Load as a fraction
Actual Throttle Angle
Intake Air Temp
Long Term Fuel Trims
Short Term Fuel Trims
Lambse B1/B2
Measured Air Fuel

I want 2 logs:
1. Part throttle in 3rd very slow acceleration from 1100 to 5K followed immediately by a few minutes of idle.
2. WOT from 2K to Redline (Preferably on a Chassis Dyno) *5th gear for manual's, 4th for Auto's when on the dyno*
Or 3rd or 4th gear on the street.

Doing the idle log after a part throttle pull ensures the O2 sensors are up to proper operating temps for accurate data at idle.
This is especially important for Long Tube applications.

Part throttle log can be done on the street in 'real world' conditions. WOT can be done at a track or on a chassis dyno.

This should be what ya need to log but double check with Shaun first.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Using The Lateset Version of SCT Live Link Gen2 log the following on a fully warmed up engine:

RPM
Knock
Spark
Spark V2
Maf lb/min
Maf Frequency
Load as a fraction
Actual Throttle Angle
Intake Air Temp
Long Term Fuel Trims
Short Term Fuel Trims
Lambse B1/B2
Measured Air Fuel

I want 2 logs:
1. Part throttle in 3rd very slow acceleration from 1100 to 5K followed immediately by a few minutes of idle.
2. WOT from 2K to Redline (Preferably on a Chassis Dyno) *5th gear for manual's, 4th for Auto's when on the dyno*
Or 3rd or 4th gear on the street.

Doing the idle log after a part throttle pull ensures the O2 sensors are up to proper operating temps for accurate data at idle.
This is especially important for Long Tube applications.

Part throttle log can be done on the street in 'real world' conditions. WOT can be done at a track or on a chassis dyno.

This should be what ya need to log but double check with Shaun first.

Thanks for the help, I will keep this updated as soon as Shaun gets bacm to me. The car is running a bit better, maybe I didnt do the rpm relearn correctly. Its getting progressively better other then the wierd shifting.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Thanks for the help, I will keep this updated as soon as Shaun gets bacm to me. The car is running a bit better, maybe I didnt do the rpm relearn correctly. Its getting progressively better other then the wierd shifting.

Make sure if you get a tune from Shawn, you put the stock tune back in the car before loading the new tune….Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread