Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Hp Dam their in all my Magazines

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Forget the Turbos Buy a "JET"

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters

longrodLX

Established Member
do you have IC in your hand? everyone wants to bash on other companies because of a few bad things they heard. whats funny is you dont have either of them yet you speak like you do. so please save all your rhetoric for someone else so we can get an educated answer from someone who knows about these kits.

Tremor

NO MERCY
longrodLX said:
do you have IC in your hand? everyone wants to bash on other companies because of a few bad things they heard. whats funny is you dont have either of them yet you speak like you do. so please save all your rhetoric for someone else so we can get an educated answer from someone who knows about these kits.

1st Off Post pics of your Turbo..So we can see that your not talking out of your ass.

:bash:

Last edited:

longrodLX

Established Member
im not bashing either like you are. i think the IC kit is awesome i just dont have $10k+ to drop on a turbo kit for my street car. i ordered the HP 50mm kit through tim at MPH and so far the customer service has been great. im not on here bashing any turbo companies i have heard about and trust me i have heard many stories about everything but i dont post it because i dont know for sure and you shouldnt either

Tremor

NO MERCY
longrodLX said:
im not bashing either like you are. i think the IC kit is awesome i just dont have $10k+ to drop on a turbo kit for my street car. i ordered the HP 50mm kit through tim at MPH and so far the customer service has been great. im not on here bashing any turbo companies i have heard about and trust me i have heard many stories about everything but i dont post it because i dont know for sure and you shouldnt either

Well if you consider reviews from previous buyers, bashing something’s wrong with you.

Like I said in my post if you have an hp kit and it worked out for you great...

But many many complaints have been posted on hp's service. When it comes to thousands of dollars spent on a project, you want the best service and experience possible.10k is alot for a kit. But if you get all your parts in 1 shipment and not in 1 year, you tell me where money is lost?

Post the easy process to install an Hp Kit with those instructions that I hear some 10 year old drew up.

Congrats on your purchase best wishes. With Your Kit

Maybe you can come down when it’s done to a Knott’s Car show or something.

:burn:

longrodLX

Established Member
i will be at knotts. i was there this year. i ordered my kit through Tim at MPH because of the things i had heard and he told me they were receiving all their kits on time and would make sure i did the same. i called down today to HP and spoke to them about upgrading my kit to the 50 mm kit and they told me no problem for $200. so far so good

Tremor

NO MERCY
longrodLX said:
i will be at knotts. i was there this year. i ordered my kit through Tim at MPH because of the things i had heard and he told me they were receiving all their kits on time and would make sure i did the same. i called down today to HP and spoke to them about upgrading my kit to the 50 mm kit and they told me no problem for $200. so far so good

Sounds Good Keep us posted..

And post pics of that bad boy..

Next Month I hope to start posting some pics..Of my Project..

:beer:

Blown02

Established Member
I also ordered twin 57s with alot of goodies from tim at modularfordpowerhouse, hes doin the install and tune. lookin for 700+rwhp with 15lbs.

i went with hp for a couple of reasons, theyre getting better and better with customer service, and with Tim, hes the man and knows everything about modulars, HP is at his beck and call pretty much from what I understand, also there is less heat in the engine bay, and its a proven kit that works awesome and makes gobs of power.

Blown02

Established Member
Ive seen a 03 cobra with 11 psi through twinstuned by someone else that made 490rwhp, and then Ive seen tim take a stock 03 corba and put only 10lbs through twins and made 600rwhp. THE MAN HAS MAGIC FOR TUNNING..

Tremor

NO MERCY
In this world of Built Engines...

With Out a Good Tune your car aint shhh..t..

Good Job guys finding the man for the job..

Post all your project pics, as soon as you guys start..

:pop:

Awhile back I was joking about seeing more and more Turbo projects..

TTSVTPERFORMENCE

pwrhungry

Established Member
How is IC in this post as a choice without a kit. They have been making changes for years now. Ill pass on a pretty kit that cant deliver, hense changing parts over and over again.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
why is everyone here trying to flame IC? the guy likes perfection... so he's taken some time to build a kit that will work for 4.6 and 5.4 engines... he's working with CARB so that the kits can be smog legal (show me another mustang turbo company that does that), a kit that can be used with 2 different k members with no modifications necessary, and is just building a kit that many of us mustang enthusiests have been looking for.

he is always down to answer any questions you might have, uses the best in parts, and his welding and fabrication work is next to none. even if his kit put down the same kind of number in every respect that the hp kit does (and it will put down more), i'd still pay the extra money for the list of better parts and kit longevity. hp makes a kit that makes big power but i want to see the condition of their kits (including the k member) in a couple years of usage. i've heard most owners of the hp kit (including you jdk) who have complained about the quality of the hp k member. for most hp owners, i just don't see those kinds of welds holding up long term.

i didn't want to come on this thread and start bashing hp, but somebody needs to stand up for rad. he's a stand up guy who love cars and has one way of doing everything... QUALITY. i am glad for hp customers that customer service is getting better and more and more are getting what they desire... just don't hack on a company that is trying to give many mustang customers exactly what they want!

as a side note, much of the reason that rad has taken so long on his kit is because he was originally working on the 2v for some time, and decided to build a kit that could supply the ever increasing demand for turbos for 4v motors. could he have just built the 2v kit, made some big bucks with a quality kit and been done with it... hell yeah. but instead he decided to put some more r&d into a kit for a bigger croud.

i've said this once, and i'll say it again. good things are worth waiting for!

Tremor

NO MERCY
Jdk..

When my project is done. Ill post all my numbers, track times...etc

Just because 1 product is a popular buy. Doesn’t make it the best.

Jdk I’m glad your car came out exactly how you wanted...

Wait till you see mine...

Also I’m not counting how many IC projects their are...wether its 1-5 or 1-1000

I won’t care...What matters most is that it’s done right.

Let’s just keep informing each other on our projects, again were here to help

each other out...Dont Hate

Till Then, Enough said...

I don’t need to say anything more. Ill let my project speak for itself.

Thanks Niels...

Last edited:

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I was not hating.. Simply stating facts. I didn't want to wait for an indefinite amount of time for a kit, but that's just me.

It seems you are the ones hating on HP, digging up threads about them, etc etc. I've done nothing but compliment the quality of IC.

And how did I know a thread like this would pop up?

http://www.inductionconcepts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492

I guess I should call Jimmy and get him to rebutt all the HP haters in this thread too..

You say I bought the HP out of impatience, but I think I bought it out of sound reasoning. My dream car was to have a turbo v8 Cobra, not an IC v8 or a HP v8. I think it's somewhat hypocritical of you to say that about me (or HP owners in general), yet I never said you guys were kidding yourselves if you think it's worth waiting that long. I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Tremor

NO MERCY
jdk said:
I was not hating.. Simply stating facts. I didn't want to wait for an indefinite amount of time for a kit, but that's just me.

It seems you are the ones hating on HP, digging up threads about them, etc etc. I've done nothing but compliment the quality of IC.

And how did I know a thread like this would pop up?

http://www.inductionconcepts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1492

I guess I should call Jimmy and get him to rebutt all the HP haters in this thread too..

You say I bought the HP out of impatience, but I think I bought it out of sound reasoning. My dream car was to have a turbo v8 Cobra, not an IC v8 or a HP v8. I think it's somewhat hypocritical of you to say that about me (or HP owners in general), yet I never said you guys were kidding yourselves if you think it's worth waiting that long. I just don't get it.

Again posting owners experience with products helps people determine whether or not to buy someone’s product.

Cat Breath

Established Member
The trouble all turbo kit companies seem to run into is growing pains. They start out strong, everyone gets excited and orders a kit, and next thing you know they are in over their heads with orders, unable to complete anyone's kits within a reasonable time frame. Add to this equation a lack of good business skills and you end up with ponzi scheme where money is taken far in advance of kit delivery just to make last months payroll. It is worth being among the first customers of a new turbo kit company just to avoid the hassles this creates.

You can't really make a valid comparison between the products of these companies since IC's kit isn't in production yet. The prototype looks great, the design philosophy of maximum efficiency sounds great, and so is the attention to detail in the prototypes. How the company fares when orders exceed production capacity remains to be seen.

That being said, maximum efficiency of a turbo system just nets you a little more hp per fuel consumed (due to more advanced timing allowed by the lower temperature intake charge) than a less efficiently designed similar system at the same air consumption. Doesn't mean a less optimally designed system can't still make mad power.

All the exhaust surface area under the hood in the IC protype has me wondering if street cars running it are likely to have overheating problems (high hp 03/04 Cobras have cooling issues already). I'm also wondering where cold air is going to be drawn from with the turbo inlets being where they are. Those concerns aside it looks very promising.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
first off jdk, don't assume that you are the person we are talking about... it was meant as a general statement about many hp owners.

as far as the cooling issues... if you didn't already know. one piece that is included in the ic kit is a new inlet (the same one made by evans) which with a few other cooling mods doubles the amount of coolant flow from 50 gallons a minute to 100 gallons a minute. rad has already given me a few pointers on cooling mods and have thus already installed an evans waterpump, ldc cooling mod, and a new radiator. many of us who are waiting for the kit have already taken cooling considerations in to mind. this said, i doubt that ic's kit will be plaqued by over heating issues.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
is IC's kit done yet, I quit reading about it because they are taking FOREVER. Hellion did r&d, and got the kits tested for real, at the strip and the dyno while IC is still fabing.... someone pm me when they have something to show... if they do already, great! send me the info, my eyes hurt from looking them up everynight, hoping for something groundbreaking and getting nothing...

Users who are viewing this thread