Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Hp Dam their in all my Magazines

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Forget the Turbos Buy a "JET"

Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
I have a HP kit, its getting installed soon..thats my vote. I wont speak for the rest because I dont have their kits, but I will say I HP is the only one I have actually seen results from..and well PTK, and Hellion has a graph.

Tremor

NO MERCY
LTHL PSI said:
I have a HP kit, its getting installed soon..thats my vote. I wont speak for the rest because I dont have their kits, but I will say I HP is the only one I have actually seen results from..and well PTK, and Hellion has a graph.

Congrats on your Kit..I was going to get Hp...But change my mine over Ic...

Post pics of your Kit :burn:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
where is the hellion graph? I am interested and going turbo and dont know what route to go.... Im leaning towards hellion but I need numbers with the 76 because that is what I am going for. I just want 900rwhp and tq with my built motor on VP103.....

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid

stangfreak

Established Member
SVTdubs said:
where is the hellion graph? I am interested and going turbo and dont know what route to go.... Im leaning towards hellion but I need numbers with the 76 because that is what I am going for. I just want 900rwhp and tq with my built motor on VP103.....

dubs you JUST WANT 900RWHP? lol thats it? lol j/k man. that is going to be insane.

lthl, when is your beast going to be ready? i guess i can speak for all of us, we cant wait any longer!!!! lolol :rockon:

Tremor

NO MERCY
stangfreak said:
dubs you JUST WANT 900RWHP? lol thats it? lol j/k man. that is going to be insane.

lthl, when is your beast going to be ready? i guess i can speak for all of us, we cant wait any longer!!!! lolol :rockon:

:beer:

stangfreak

Established Member
i would do a turbo setup but im just looking for a simple setup, thats why i got a kenne bell on my cobra.

my choice would deff be twins. they respond better to lower boost and can make great power even at high boost, plus the spool up is great! its a hard decision between hp and ic.

joemayo

Established Member
IC is the way to go..
Better Quality
Might cost more but you get what you pay for
Customer Service from Rad is A+ HP has never replyed back to me yet.. Took Rad 4 hours.

C Weil

Established Member
I can say one thing.

I bought an HP kit. I had extreme difficulties with HP over it, including many shipments of wrong and missing parts (almost 2/3 of it missing initially), had battles with Tom (owner of Turbocharged Power, which is NOT HP, it's just a distributor...he's an ass if you have any issues and he doesn't have a clue, avoid him at all costs and go over his head) and Jimmy, and finally they wouldn't respond to anything. Nice. Quality is very terrible- a monkey could weld better. The componentry is cheap. It has a couple pinholes, too! Instructions are terrible, and the design sucks. ALL of their kits require a lot of modication to really be "done right", including their 5.0 kits. Blah.

It's in my garage, and I will never use it. I DID install it most of the way.

I'm 1st or 2nd in line for the IC kit, and it was my Max Motorsports k-frame they used to prototype. The IC kit has KILLER welds, will support more power, looks nicer, uses MUCH better componentry, and isn't designed the way it is "because it's the easiest and cheapest way". And, you can use a REAL k-member and coilovers (MM) with the kit rather than having to use the POS QA1 junk. That, and you can't beat the fact that Rad is the nicest guys around.

Like I said, I have the HP kit and I've installed it, and I can honestly say that I fail to understand why ANYONE thinks they're so great other than that they make power. Yes, they do, but so do those stupid STS Camaro kits. Any HP kit I've seen in person I would send back if it were my car, and I'm not the only one locally who believes it. The local Mustang shop does not approve of them either, and they're a big name. If you do anything, look elsewhere.

Just because you see it in a mag, doesn't mean it's good. Many times those companies PAY to put themselves in the mags, and the authors really can't say anthing negative about the products because they'll probably be sponsors. Those magazines are NOTHING worth reading to find reviews of products- it's like a 150 page book of commercials.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I looked at the IC kit and it looks very promising....the only downside is the approx. $13k to spend on it (including fuel system)...anyways, we'll see what kind of numbers they put out, then i'll make my decision if im gonna go that route

marcul29

Established Member
INDUCTION CONCEPTS all the way, just like pretty much everybody else that was thinking on HP, I just deceided to look on IC and there is was not to much to think about who has the best kit out there. I have being waiting for my kit for awhile now but, it will be all worth it at the end. this 2003 cobra that Rad is working on (prototype) unfornatly I think he isn't getting a short block for it, so we won't be able to see any high end #'s BUT, since my car is next in line hopefully we can see some good #'s with the TT kit,the VT shortblock,the return fuel system,is just a matters of month's now. I have being waiting for a while what's a couple more months.

Last edited:

Tremor

NO MERCY
C Weil said:
I can say one thing.

I bought an HP kit. I had extreme difficulties with HP over it, including many shipments of wrong and missing parts (almost 2/3 of it missing initially), had battles with Tom (owner of Turbocharged Power, which is NOT HP, it's just a distributor...he's an ass if you have any issues and he doesn't have a clue, avoid him at all costs and go over his head) and Jimmy, and finally they wouldn't respond to anything. Nice. Quality is very terrible- a monkey could weld better. The componentry is cheap. It has a couple pinholes, too! Instructions are terrible, and the design sucks. ALL of their kits require a lot of modication to really be "done right", including their 5.0 kits. Blah.

It's in my garage, and I will never use it. I DID install it most of the way.

I'm 1st or 2nd in line for the IC kit, and it was my Max Motorsports k-frame they used to prototype. The IC kit has KILLER welds, will support more power, looks nicer, uses MUCH better componentry, and isn't designed the way it is "because it's the easiest and cheapest way". And, you can use a REAL k-member and coilovers (MM) with the kit rather than having to use the POS QA1 junk. That, and you can't beat the fact that Rad is the nicest guys around.

Like I said, I have the HP kit and I've installed it, and I can honestly say that I fail to understand why ANYONE thinks they're so great other than that they make power. Yes, they do, but so do those stupid STS Camaro kits. Any HP kit I've seen in person I would send back if it were my car, and I'm not the only one locally who believes it. The local Mustang shop does not approve of them either, and they're a big name. If you do anything, look elsewhere.

Just because you see it in a mag, doesn't mean it's good. Many times those companies PAY to put themselves in the mags, and the authors really can't say anthing negative about the products because they'll probably be sponsors. Those magazines are NOTHING worth reading to find reviews of products- it's like a 150 page book of commercials.

Great...Thanks for all your personal Insight..IC Is where im heading..and yes Rad is nice he answers all emails..all...

Hopefully before this year is over Ill have It installed.... :rockon:

C Weil

Established Member
Marcul, we'll race to see who gets there first! Mine is the first or second (doesn't really matter, they're shipped at the same time) kit to be installed OUT of the shop. Should put up some good numbers- I built a big bore DOHC with turbo cams, ported heads/manifold, etc, and I'm using a return style system too (that's my mighty sumo pump in the pictures on the website). Should be pretty cool! :)

Glad to hear you went IC, tremor.

Blk04Cobra1...price out the same options from HP (and all the other aftermarket companies you'll need to use to get the other components IC includes) and I bet it'll be as, if not MORE, expensive.

Quadzilla

I like the looks and design of the IC kit as well, but I have some questions. I hate to call them over goofy question until I buy a kit so maybe you guys can help.

Where do they put the coolant tank and the other resevoirs that are on the front of the engine bay. How much modifications are we going to have to do? The only thing stopping me from buying one is that it seems you will have to move dang near everything that bolts into the engine compartment.

99GTvert

Established Member
Quadzilla said:
I like the looks and design of the IC kit as well, but I have some questions. I hate to call them over goofy question until I buy a kit so maybe you guys can help.

Where do they put the coolant tank and the other resevoirs that are on the front of the engine bay. How much modifications are we going to have to do? The only thing stopping me from buying one is that it seems you will have to move dang near everything that bolts into the engine compartment.

Go post over on there forums. Rad is a cool dude and I'm sure he would be happy to answer your questions. :beer:

marcul29

Established Member
C Weil said:
Marcul, we'll race to see who gets there first! Mine is the first or second (doesn't really matter, they're shipped at the same time) kit to be installed OUT of the shop. Should put up some good numbers- I built a big bore DOHC with turbo cams, ported heads/manifold, etc, and I'm using a return style system too (that's my mighty sumo pump in the pictures on the website). Should be pretty cool! :)

Anytime my brother, My ca is actually there already, it has beind there for a while now. they took the engine out already so it can be sent to VT later on. that since like a good set up maybe we can meet half way when you and I are done with are project since what these beast can do?. what do you have for trainny and clutch. you haven't upgrade to something stronger, you should it will be a matter of time before goes caboommmm. I already got the TKO 900 from Modular Mustang Racing, good for 900WH and the Mcload twin disc cluth good for 900WRH. It something that is going to go sooner or later unless you keep it on really low boost BUT we know better that that's not always the case, when you have a Z06 or a supra next to you.

Tremor

NO MERCY
C Weil said:

Glad to hear you went IC, tremor.

Blk04Cobra1...price out the same options from HP (and all the other aftermarket companies you'll need to use to get the other components IC includes) and I bet it'll be as, if not MORE, expensive.

Its going to be nice, having those Twins... :)

:burn:

C Weil

Established Member
marcul29 said:
Anytime my brother, My ca is actually there already, it has beind there for a while now. they took the engine out already so it can be sent to VT later on. that since like a good set up maybe we can meet half way when you and I are done with are project since what these beast can do?. what do you have for trainny and clutch. you haven't upgrade to something stronger, you should it will be a matter of time before goes caboommmm. I already got the TKO 900 from Modular Mustang Racing, good for 900WH and the Mcload twin disc cluth good for 900WRH. It something that is going to go sooner or later unless you keep it on really low boost BUT we know better that that's not always the case, when you have a Z06 or a supra next to you.

That's be cool! I'd love to see the other cars he'll be doing.

As far as transmission, I'm pretty much covered for now. I have a Cobra R T56 (I wanted the close-ratio gears for open tracking), and if it goes boom, I'll G-Force it. :) I have a Spec Stage III clutch. It should be alright for now.

I'm also having a custom driveshaft made in .250" wall thickness (Ford Racing's aluminum DS is only .111") along with a couple other cool goodies for the differential (billet aluminum splined companion flange to replace stock super-heavy steel unit, hard shims to replace crush sleeve, etc) to go along with the 31 spline axles and a Torsen T2R. Should be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread