Incredible footage of 16-year old Mike Tyson

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Found this gem on Youtube. Mike Tyson will always be (in my opinion) the greatest, most feared fighter of all time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with you. I had never seen this fight and kind of expected Clark to get knocked out. LOL. Tyson did should a ton of fighting prowess at 16. Beast!!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive seen this video.... great footage.

He is/was a an absolute killer. I actually feared for the competitor every time he stepped into the ring.

Imagine the amount of testosterone he had flowing through him as a young adult. HOLEE shit. Bad idea to be on the wrong side of him.

Watching recent interviews of him, he has calmed down a TON and talks down/is embarrassed about how savage he actually was.

Such an interesting person.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The only time I can remember a fighter generating legitimate excitement when fighting was with Iron Mike and Fedor.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Too bad Tyson didn't follow the rules about discipline and moral values that were mentioned in beginning of video. But he was certainly entertaining. I watched every fight. He was absolutely vicious, with punching power second-to-none.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Too bad Tyson didn't follow the rules about discipline and moral values that were mentioned in beginning of video. But he was certainly entertaining. I watched every fight. He was absolutely vicious, with punching power second-to-none.

He actually did follow the rules until Cus died and he fired Kevin Rooney.

His trouble started with Don King.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
He actually did follow the rules until Cus died and he fired Kevin Rooney.

His trouble started with Don King.

I think it was really Robin Givens. It was all downhill after the divorce. The Joe Rogan interview is the shit if you have not seen/heard yet.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Cool vid. He was the best. I wish we could see a match between the top 10 boxers against each other in their primes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cool vid. He was the best. I wish we could see a match between the top 10 boxers against each other in their primes.
A cage match with all 10 going at each other. Oh, yeah! Now THAT would be entertaining. :p

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I used to work with a guy who got knocked the **** out by Tyson.
Hector (for get his last name, but it wasn't Mercedes, but did start with an "M")

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
He was far from the best.

@VegasMichael

Had an explosive fast massive punch and great head movement early on but to me Ali was the best by far. Tyson would not have been able to hit him and would have worn down fast then Ali would have destroyed him easily.

I'd pay large amounts of money to see a prime Tyson fight prime Ali.

Cus's Tyson would give Ali a run for his money.
Don King's Tyson would get his ass kicked.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I'd pay large amounts of money to see a prime Tyson fight prime Ali.

Cus's Tyson would give Ali a run for his money.
Don King's Tyson would get his ass kicked.

Tyson is/was the greatest. There really is no comparison to anyone living or dead. No one came out swinging harder, the guy was such an amazing boxer. The power, anger Tyson brought to bear right away, no one did that, not even close. I was just a little turd when he was in his prime, but even then as a little kid, I think I knew Tyson was a god among men.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Tyson is/was the greatest. There really is no comparison to anyone living or dead. No one came out swinging harder, the guy was such an amazing boxer. The power, anger Tyson brought to bear right away, no one did that, not even close. I was just a little turd when he was in his prime, but even then as a little kid, I think I knew Tyson was a god among men.

I couldn’t agree more.

He was a savage unhinged beast. Cus had him tuned like a ****ing machine. Absolutely amazing.

Like a quiet, trained, one-mission assassin.

I watch a lot of video on him in recent times. He has changed for the better. He has really been humbled.

He’s such an interesting story to me.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I couldn’t agree more.

He was a savage unhinged beast. Cus had him tuned like a ****ing machine. Absolutely amazing.

Like a quiet, trained, one-mission assassin.

I watch a lot of video on him in recent times. He has changed for the better. He has really been humbled.

He’s such an interesting story to me.

Watching him in his prime was just un****ing real, it was like watching a movie. I agree that bitches ruined him, Don King and Robin Givens.

VegasMichael

Established Member
He was far from the best.

@VegasMichael

Had an explosive fast massive punch and great head movement early on but to me Ali was the best by far. Tyson would not have been able to hit him and would have worn down fast then Ali would have destroyed him easily.

Mike was aggressive for sure. But he fought a lot of cans. Not his fault. You can only fight who is available. But he was not the same fighter he was after he got out of jail. When he got out of jail he was easily frustrated by Holyfield, Lennox and Douglas. Yeah you can talk smack about how he beat Michael Spinks who was a cruiserweight and had not fought in over a year and was at the taillight of his career and who agreed to fight for a big paycheck which he got. But Tyson is not even close to being a top ten ever heavyweight. Ali would have owned him without breaking a sweat.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Mike was aggressive for sure. But he fought a lot of cans. Not his fault. You can only fight who is available. But he was not the same fighter he was after he got out of jail. When he got out of jail he was easily frustrated by Holyfield, Lennox and Douglas. Yeah you can talk smack about how he beat Michael Spinks who was a cruiserweight and had not fought in over a year and was at the taillight of his career and who agreed to fight for a big paycheck which he got. But Tyson is not even close to being a top ten ever heavyweight. Ali would have owned him without breaking a sweat.

Quoted for truth.

Users who are viewing this thread