Votes: 34 37.4%
  • 04-05 Cadillac CTS-V

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Invictus

Banned
Oh, it's moded.

Point made. Your car is modded and yet you still estimate "20ish MPG".

Your previous posts don't exactly agree with that. If a tuned Civic can go "coast to coast running on nothing more than two tanks of apple cider", by that reasoning your modded '03 Cobra should NOT be seeing anywhere near 20MPG. More like -400MPG noting the sarcasm.

Common

Established Member
Point made. Your car is modded and yet you still estimate "20ish MPG".

Your previous posts don't exactly agree with that. If a tuned Civic can go "coast to coast running on nothing more than two tanks of apple cider", by that reasoning your modded '03 Cobra should NOT be seeing anywhere near 20MPG. More like -400MPG noting the sarcasm.

20ish is something I rougly estimated, or to be frank with you, expect or wish for. Since you will think my answer is slanted on purpose if I said otherwise. I think I will try to test this theory in the coming weekend. Weather is supposed to be nice.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
I don't know if this factors into your decision, but what'll be worth more when you want to get rid of it??? I'd think the Audi, but thats just a guess...

Invictus

Banned
I would not have thought your answer was slanted. "20ish" even with extensive modding is not unreasonable. With respect, testing the theory is probably what you should have origionally posted before resorting to ignorantly bashing other member's logical post. That being said, go with that and report back your results :beer:

Common

Established Member
I would not have thought your answer was slanted. "20ish" even with extensive modding is not unreasonable. With respect, testing the theory is probably what you should have origionally posted before resorting to ignorantly bashing other member's logical post. That being said, go with that and report back your results :beer:

Without "testing", but "eyeballin it" I have never really noticed an improvement in the mileage after mods that add hp, take more air in and require injectors to spray more gas in the engine etc etc. I also dont claim sub midsize sedan mpg numbers with a 400hp, 4000lbs hotrod. Silly me. Silly GM and silly EPA guys. You boys have them all beat.

94_Vert

Established Member
many people that have bought new cars have stated that after break in the mpg goes up normally over what the epa claims. my wifes 01 taurus has a hwy rating of 27, but after several long trips we repeatedly get 28-30. jerrad's claims are not that far off.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I have never much liked new caddy's so I guess I'd go for the audi personally. However the CTS-V is pretty sweet in its own right, either way you cant go wrong.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
Without "testing", but "eyeballin it" I have never really noticed an improvement in the mileage after mods that add hp, take more air in and require injectors to spray more gas in the engine etc etc. I also dont claim sub midsize sedan mpg numbers with a 400hp, 4000lbs hotrod. Silly me. Silly GM and silly EPA guys. You boys have them all beat.

mods increase efficiency, which leads to increased power output. how would this same increased efficiency not lead to somewhat better gas mileage? silly me with my silly logic.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
I say S4, but what kind of warranty would you be getting with it?

Common, give it up. Your wrong.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
What was that saying, "You can live in your car, but you can't race your house"? Now go buy the G8!!! :banana:

We already have two race cars :poke: What we really need more than another one is a place to store the ones we have!

Common, as for your comments on why manufacturers don't use things like CAI's to improve mileage and power output, you need to realize that those parts cost a lot more to make. Also, the millions put into engineering a car goes towards keeping the car reliable for warranty issues; manufacturers aren't going to put an open filter on a car with a warranty, you'd have hydrolocked cars coming into the dealerships right and left. Mods like a CAI have been proven to increase both power and mileage by increasing engine efficiency (all an engine is is a glorified air pump), but they're impractical from both a reliability and a cost point of view to the manufacturer.

Common

Established Member
mods increase efficiency, which leads to increased power output. how would this same increased efficiency not lead to somewhat better gas mileage? silly me with my silly logic.
Another flash of genius.
We already have two race cars :poke: What we really need more than another one is a place to store the ones we have!

Common, as for your comments on why manufacturers don't use things like CAI's to improve mileage and power output, you need to realize that those parts cost a lot more to make. Also, the millions put into engineering a car goes towards keeping the car reliable for warranty issues; manufacturers aren't going to put an open filter on a car with a warranty, you'd have hydrolocked cars coming into the dealerships right and left. Mods like a CAI have been proven to increase both power and mileage by increasing engine efficiency (all an engine is is a glorified air pump), but they're impractical from both a reliability and a cost point of view to the manufacturer.
They wouldnt be called mods if they came with the car, it is obvious, according to many of you, that you can turn 400hp, 4000lbs sedans into civic-like gas eaters. I wonder how many miles moded civics get?.....55mpg?

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
What year was the LS2 dropped in to the V? Was it 05 or 06? I hear the LS6 is much more potent than the LS2...

04/05=LS6
06/07=LS2

They both make the same power. The ls6 is a limited engine and has a little bit more aggressive cam.
The LS2 was put in a ton of vehicles and is a couple cubic inches bigger with a less aggressive cam.

I've only ridden in mine so I don't have first hand knowledge on how they feel power wise. The ls6 feels a little peppier in some peoples opinion.

klarkent42

Man of Steel
Established Member
04/05=LS6
06/07=LS2

They both make the same power. The ls6 is a limited engine and has a little bit more aggressive cam.
The LS2 was put in a ton of vehicles and is a couple cubic inches bigger with a less aggressive cam.

I've only ridden in mine so I don't have first hand knowledge on how they feel power wise. The ls6 feels a little peppier in some peoples opinion.

Awesome. I always liked the V's, I just didnt think I could afford one. At this point, I'm definitely going with the V. The Audi just doesnt look that appealing to me anymore. Anoother thing, I would much rather buy American than European or Asian :beer:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I haven't had it dyno'd. I'd guess around 330 to the wheel.
There is so much rubber in the driveline that it kills the rwhp.

Go to ls1tech and there is a caddy section. There are stock cars up to 900 rwhp cars on there. I'd check into the car that I posted, that thing's awsome and he's a good guy.

Users who are viewing this thread