Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

klarkent42

Man of Steel
Established Member

KILRSVT

Established Member
caddy looks pretty fun to drive. top gear gave it a good score in driving and performance but crappy in interior.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I'm a little biased but I say V. :) You don't need the AWD for winter driving so I think it's a pretty easy choice.

EVO-lution

Established Member
S4 FTW, Audi's are good cars IMO...the CTS-V's are built like doody i heard:shrug:. I know a couple ppl that had to keep bringing them back for MAJOR repairs. maybe they're just unlucky too.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
The only big issue with the V is the glass rear. If you drive the car like it's meant to be driven(road course) you won't have a problem 99 out of 100 times.
We have the same issue as the termi's. People start spinning/hopping and try to drive through it and break the housing.

In a head to head the CTS-V out performed the audi in just about everything performance related.

Also, I think topgear did a head to head and the V was the better perfoming car.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
With those two options, CTS-V the whole way. I've driven one on a track and they kick ass performance-wise for a four-door sedan. Lots of torque and power, very comfortable luxury-type interior, and (from what I know about the two) more step-by-step mod potential to make things interesting in the long run, seeing as how it's a daily driver.

But those are just the things I care about. I would imagine the Audi has a nicer interior in that category, and the AWD is great if you need it.

How about a G8 GXP? :D Not quite on the same level luxury-wise, but definitely better performance-wise and you could probably get a new one for the price of the used Caddy or Audi. The interiors are pretty sweet, as well. Just a thought.

Last edited:

klarkent42

Man of Steel
Established Member
With those two options, CTS-V the whole way. I've driven one on a track and they kick ass performance-wise for a four-door sedan. Lots of torque and power, very comfortable luxury-type interior, and (from what I know about the two) more step-by-step mod potential to make things interesting in the long run, seeing as how it's a daily driver.

But those are just the things I care about. I would imagine the Audi has a nicer interior in that category, and the AWD is great if you need it.

How about a G8 GXP? :D Not quite on the same level luxury-wise, but definitely better performance-wise and you could probably get a new one for the price of the used Caddy or Audi. The interiors are pretty sweet, as well. Just a thought.

I looked at the g8's and they're mid to high 20k's. I'm looking for somewhere in the low 20k's range. They are definitely good looking cars though :thumbsup:

As a DD I get 27mpg with the ole V. Thats highway.
Wow! That's A LOT better than my Cobra...

16kOrBust

Established Member
I looked at the g8's and they're mid to high 20k's. I'm looking for somewhere in the low 20k's range. They are definitely good looking cars though :thumbsup:

Wow! That's A LOT better than my Cobra...

Damn, I was thinking you were looking in the 30-40k, hence the new GXP (not the GT). I wasn't aware you could get an 05 CTS-V for low $20k range. That kicks ass!

klarkent42

Man of Steel
Established Member
Damn, I was thinking you were looking in the 30-40k, hence the new GXP (not the GT). I wasn't aware you could get an 05 CTS-V for low $20k range. That kicks ass!

I know! I just noticed it today when I was searching autotrader for 4 door sedans... needless to say, I was rather excited.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
You can get V's for 17k that have decent miles. A couple for under that but they are in the 80k range, and of course, you can go up in price. There is one forsale that's HCI with some spray, nice wheels, etc for around 23k on ls1tech

Common

Established Member
As a DD I get 27mpg with the ole V. Thats highway.

I never really understood how people get more than the car MAKER claims, interesting. Either you guys dont do the math right, or you might be bs-ing, but you're only bullshiting yourselves.

Cars.com: 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V: Real World MPG - CarSpace Automotive Forums

Sts-v Mpg Yikes! - Cadillac Owners Group

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Specifications | Used 2005 CTS-V Specs at Automotive.com

Gas mileage on my 2005 cts-v - Topix

Either its a magical vehicle, or you're being followed around by god himself, in which action he manages to follow you everywhere with a nice 40mph tailwind to improve your mpg's.

You arent the first on svtp to claim unusual numbers, there are members who claimed 15mpg with a hummer on 37's, so you arent that bad. Oh and S4's that get 34mpg too. LOL.

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

I've seen G8 GT's go for low 20's, you just have to look around. We did a lot of research on the V's and decided against them after hearing about all the problems they have. The rears are noisy and break often, and they're plagued with electrical issues. The G8 is on a much higher level quality wise than the first gen V; not even a fair comparison. It's a shame you didn't post this last week, Pontiac was offering 0% financing plus rebates on 08's. They may still be, it's worth looking into.

Users who are viewing this thread