• 04-05 Audi S4 AWD

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • 04-05 Cadillac CTS-V

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Invictus

Banned
Hey, I'm using common sense here, dont listen to me. Apply for a position with GM or Ford, they need guys like you.

I can also see how makers would tune their cars "badly" so they could have worse mpg's and thus possibly sell less cars, it all makes sense now. Damn, they have been trying to fail for all this time and we're giving them bailouts, damn it America, we have been duped.

Any car can be tuned more efficiently than how it left the showroom floor.

A factory '03 Cobra bone stock down to the OEM paper filter and exhaust can be re-tuned to make 20+ more HP buy just taking some fuel out of it. Now obviously if you try to take advantage of that "20HP" then you will loose MPG however, if you drive just as you did before you re-tuned it you would see a consistent MPG increase.

Same goes for any bolt on modification, such as intake/exhaust. Especially if the car is tuned for these.. The mods would make the car capable of much more horesepower but depending on how it's driven, the mods would also increase mileage.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Sorry Sid, according to Common the vendors are lying to board members and making false advertisments.

Here is from lethals site:
"The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline."

Amazon:
"Our industry first 5 program, 4 bank custom chips dramatically IMPROVE PERFORMANCE, GAS MILEAGE, TORQUE and HORSEPOWER while IMPROVING THROTTLE RESPONSE, and eliminating the factory REV and Speed Limiters. "

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Any car can be tuned more efficiently than how it left the showroom floor.

A factory '03 Cobra bone stock down to the OEM paper filter and exhaust can be re-tuned to make 20+ more HP buy just taking some fuel out of it. Now obviously if you try to take advantage of that "20HP" then you will loose MPG however, if you drive just as you did before you re-tuned it you would see a consistent MPG increase.

Same goes for any bolt on modification, such as intake/exhaust. Especially if the car is tuned for these.. The mods would make the car capable of much more horesepower but depending on how it's driven, the mods would also increase mileage.
So many smart solutions, so little time. And to think our national economy is this shitty due in large part to HUNDREDS of HIGHLY educated engineers, car makers and manufacturers not being able to see this obvious solution. Damn it! AND they only had TENS of billions of dollars in this.
More air, more fuel, more hp, but better MPG's. Awesome.
Sorry Sid, according to Common the vendors are lying to board members and making false advertisments.
You are not that clever, dont flatter yourself with your silly loaded questions.

I never said a word about the sites vendors.

Invictus

Banned
So many smart solutions, so little time. And to think our national economy is this shitty due in large part to HUNDREDS of HIGHLY educated engineers, car makers and manufacturers not being able to see this obvious solution. Damn it! AND they only had TENS of billions of dollars in this.
More air, more fuel, more hp, but better MPG's. Awesome.

More air, more fuel, more HP.

More air, same fuel, more MPG.

I did not say you get the best of both worlds... I assure you all of your "HIGHLY edicated engineers" are aware of this but they had to stop somewhere marketable. Why not just put a factory 2.76" pulley on the eaton and market it as having 500 HP? I'm sure they have their reasons.

Perhaps you should try running these companies, you obviously are much more knowledgable :beer:

Common

Established Member
You say that modding a car won't add mpg, loading a tune is modding a car.

OP, sorry about the thread jack.

I see your point, I think I will slap a TT+Whipple on my cobra and hope for some 65mpg. I think you just singlehandedly revealed a huge conspiracy, you better edit your posts, if GM or Ford sees them, they might hire someone to come after you.
Ever see that movie, "Flash of Genius"?, you better watch your back.

Common

Established Member
More air, more fuel, more HP.

More air, same fuel, more MPG.

I did not say you get the best of both worlds... I assure you all of your "HIGHLY edicated engineers" are aware of this but they had to stop somewhere marketable. Why not just put a factory 2.76" pulley on the eaton and market it as having 500 HP? I'm sure they have their reasons.

Perhaps you should try running these companies, you obviously are much more knowledgable :beer:

Me?...I dont know anything, I just know that we have a forum full of magical vehicles and rare occurences. S4's with Civic MPg's, 400hp Cadillacs with MPG mileage of an average V6 Accord, etc etc. Oh and off road Hummers with 37's that get more than stock ones.

You guys are obviously smarter than the domestic or foreign car makers.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I see your point, I think I will slap a TT+Whipple on my cobra and hope for some 65mpg. I think you just singlehandedly revealed a huge conspiracy, you better edit your posts, if GM or Ford sees them, they might hire someone to come after you.
Ever see that movie, "Flash of Genius"?, you better watch your back.

I'll give my credit to my tuner, along with the vendors on here that tune cars. I don't have the ability to tune, I think I'm safe. :sleeping:

Invictus

Banned
Me?...I dont know anything, I just know that we have a forum full of magical vehicles and rare occurences. S4's with Civic MPg's, 400hp Cadillacs with MPG mileage of an average V6 Accord, etc etc. Oh and off road Hummers with 37's that get more than stock ones.

You guys are obviously smarter than the domestic or foreign car makers.

I understand your point but you're missing mine. When a car is modified with more efficient mods sure it will make more power but it also has the POTENTIAL to get better fuel economy depending on how heavy your foot is.

There are plenty of twin turbo cobras running around on this forum capable of 750RWHP that, when daily driven, see 15+ MPG which isn't to far off the origional rating... It depends on how YOU drive the car, for the 4th time.

I don't know what type of car you drive but go buy a K&N drop in filter, a $30 ebay cold air generic kit, and a free flowing exhaust and drive it EXACTLY how you drive it now and you will see better mileage.

Common

Established Member
I'll give my credit to my tuner, along with the vendors on here that tune cars. I don't have the ability to tune, I think I'm safe. :sleeping:
You should, imagine if you bought a civic and let him tune it?
You could probably go coast to coast running on nothing more than two tanks of apple cider!
I understand your point but you're missing mine. When a car is modified with more efficient mods sure it will make more power but it also has the POTENTIAL to get better fuel economy depending on how heavy your foot is.

There are plenty of twin turbo cobras running around on this forum capable of 750RWHP that, when daily driven, see 15+ MPG which isn't to far off the origional rating... It depends on how YOU drive the car, for the 4th time.

I don't know what type of car you drive but go buy a K&N drop in filter, a $30 ebay cold air generic kit, and a free flowing exhaust and drive it EXACTLY how you drive it now and you will see better mileage.
I have an 03 cobra, never did pay much attention to my MPG's, I know it's somewhere around 20ish.

Invictus

Banned
I have an 03 cobra, never did pay much attention to my MPG's, I know it's somewhere around 20ish.

Okay, do you have ANY mods done to it? Upper, lower, intake, exhaust? I'm just going to assume you do. And by your reasoning you should not be getting "20ish" MPG. By your reasoning you should be getting closer to 1-2MPG, God forbid a modded car being capable of 20MPG. :poke:

Common

Established Member
Is it hard for you to admit you're wrong?

This could be you. Watch your back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyzQonO4xa8"]YouTube - Flash of Genius (2008) movie-Trailer HQ[/ame]

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
Okay, do you have ANY mods done to it? Upper, lower, intake, exhaust? I'm just going to assume you do. And by your reasoning you should not be getting "20ish" MPG. By your reasoning you should be getting closer to 1-2MPG, God forbid a modded car being capable of 20MPG. :poke:

I dont know, I for sure didnt claim it gets better than stock either. The again, I dont pay much attention and every time its out, it gets driven.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Nope, at home now. It says "embedding disabled by request". Guess the person that put it on there doesn't want people linking it.

Invictus

Banned

I dont know, I for sure didnt claim it gets better than stock either. The again, I dont pay much attention and every time its out, it gets driven.

You don't know if your '03 cobra is modded? I'm not accusing you of saying it gets "better than stock".

Users who are viewing this thread