• 04-05 Audi S4 AWD

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • 04-05 Cadillac CTS-V

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Common

Established Member
I've seen G8 GT's go for low 20's, you just have to look around. We did a lot of research on the V's and decided against them after hearing about all the problems they have. The rears are noisy and break often, and they're plagued with electrical issues. The G8 is on a much higher level quality wise than the first gen V; not even a fair comparison. It's a shame you didn't post this last week, Pontiac was offering 0% financing plus rebates on 08's. They may still be, it's worth looking into.

Great post. You get a NEW car, WITH warannty and a considerable power for the money. I always liked them, Have you driven or been in one yet?.....I loved them. For about $4500 Livernois will get you over 400whp too....

16kOrBust

Established Member
Great post. You get a NEW car, WITH warannty and a considerable power for the money. I always liked them, Have you driven or been in one yet?.....I loved them. For about $4500 Livernois will get you over 400whp too....

Yeah, they kick ass. My brother's got an 09 G8 GT (red) and I love driving that thing. He ran a 13.5 @ 102 showroom stock with a couple hundred miles on it at Lebanon Valley (mediocre track, nothing like Etown or Atco). The interiors are high quality and have more of a European feel than an American car feel, similar to the GTOs. They also have amazing interior room, especially for the backseats, and a huge trunk. I also love the design; they also look a bit like a 5-series Beemer with an edge because of the bigger wheel well flares and the hood slots, not to mention the dual-dual tips out back. I would seriously be considering one right now if I needed a 4-door sedan but didn't need AWD.

For all the bad stuff going on with GM and the talk of Pontiac eventually getting scrapped, the G8 is one car they absolutely got right. If Pontiac ever does get tossed, GM would be foolish not to slap a Chevy badge on the G8 and keep selling them.

Last edited:

LSUstang05

Established Member
I'd get the S4. I don't really care for the older CTS-V look compared to the new body style CTS-V look. I've ridden in an S4 before and while the straight line speed may not be the greatest, they handle extremely well in the turns and brake incredibly well. I would also consider safety a big thing if you are getting it for a newborn and family. I know the S4 is a 4-5 star crash rating car...not sure about the CTS-V, though.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I never really understood how people get more than the car MAKER claims, interesting. Either you guys dont do the math right, or you might be bs-ing, but you're only bullshiting yourselves.

Cars.com: 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Cadillac CTS/CTS-V: Real World MPG - CarSpace Automotive Forums

Sts-v Mpg Yikes! - Cadillac Owners Group

2005 Cadillac CTS-V Specifications | Used 2005 CTS-V Specs at Automotive.com

Gas mileage on my 2005 cts-v - Topix

Either its a magical vehicle, or you're being followed around by god himself, in which action he manages to follow you everywhere with a nice 40mph tailwind to improve your mpg's.

You arent the first on svtp to claim unusual numbers, there are members who claimed 15mpg with a hummer on 37's, so you arent that bad. Oh and S4's that get 34mpg too. LOL.

I've driven from Houston to Tulsa Oklahoma(8+hrs) and gotten anywhere from 24-27mpg every time. If you want to make a trip down you can ride with me and do the math if you like. The car's MPG calculator and my calculator are never more than 1 mpg off.

The 2nd link has 1 cts-V and he said he gets 20 when a majority of his driving is in NYC.

The 3rd link is for sts's which are bigger, have an auto, have a SC northstar instead of the ls6/ls2.

The 5th link shows 2 people that get under 20mpg. If I beat on mine and don't drive it like a grandpa I'd get shitty milage too.

The other links just show what GM estimates. I think the G8's were getting
5+ mpg lower when new vs the ones with some miles on them.

When you've driven one for a year let me know what your milage is.

Here are a couple links
What does your V avg. MPG - LS1TECH

CTS-V Fuel Mileage - Cadillac Owners Group

A majority of the V's on the road get 24+ when driven for good milage. The 16-18 are having fun in the car.

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I looked at the g8's and they're mid to high 20k's. I'm looking for somewhere in the low 20k's range. They are definitely good looking cars though :thumbsup:

Wow! That's A LOT better than my Cobra...

Will test drove one a while back and loved it. We were thisclose to buying one just because of the 0% financing, but we need to buy a house in the next ~6 mo so we passed.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Will test drove one a while back and loved it. We were thisclose to buying one just because of the 0% financing, but we need to buy a house in the next ~6 mo so we passed.

What was that saying, "You can live in your car, but you can't race your house"? Now go buy the G8!!! :banana:

Common

Established Member
I've driven from Houston to Tulsa Oklahoma(8+hrs) and gotten anywhere from 24-27mpg every time. If you want to make a trip down you can ride with me and do the math if you like. The car's MPG calculator and my calculator are never more than 1 mpg off.

The 2nd link has 1 cts-V and he said he gets 20 when a majority of his driving is in NYC.

The 3rd link is for sts's which are bigger, have an auto, have a SC northstar instead of the ls6/ls2.

The 5th link shows 2 people that get under 20mpg. If I beat on mine and don't drive it like a grandpa I'd get shitty milage too.

The other links just show what GM estimates. I think the G8's were getting
5+ mpg lower when new vs the ones with some miles on them.

When you've driven one for a year let me know what your milage is.

Here are a couple links
What does your V avg. MPG - LS1TECH

CTS-V Fuel Mileage - Cadillac Owners Group

A majority of the V's on the road get 24+ when driven for good milage. The 16-18 are having fun in the car.

Getting more than the car maker AND EPA claim for said vehicle is all kinds of bullshit to me. They are "off" in the wrong direction more often than not. And this is when EPA was somewhat forgiving with their rattings, prior the big gas hike of 08. Then again, you arent the first or last to claim rather unusual numbers. You are probably one of those that believe moding cars improves mileage too.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
By making the engine breath easier, exhale easier, taking 45 pounds of rotational mass off the crank and getting a tune to optimize AF ratio, yes I think that'll help with mpg. I've done all of these.

You don't think free flowing exhaust/intake can help?

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
By making the engine breath easier, exhale easier, taking 45 pounds of rotational mass off the crank and getting a tune to optimize AF ratio, yes I think that'll help with mpg. I've done all of these.

You don't think free flowing exhaust/intake can help?

Sure, give it more air, which will compensate with car needing more fuel, I can see how this will bump up your mileage. I can see how the entire car industries engineers can be so stupid and not figure out this simple problem.

Damn, we will have Cadillacs with 45mpgs in two months.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Making something more efficient doesn't mean it burns more fuel.
What about the rotational mass and tune, they don't help?

Common

Established Member
Making something more efficient doesn't mean it burns more fuel.
What about the rotational mass and tune, they don't help?

Hey, I'm using common sense here, dont listen to me. Apply for a position with GM or Ford, they need guys like you.

I can also see how makers would tune their cars "badly" so they could have worse mpg's and thus possibly sell less cars, it all makes sense now. Damn, they have been trying to fail for all this time and we're giving them bailouts, damn it America, we have been duped.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Hey, I'm using common sense here, dont listen to me. Apply for a position with GM or Ford, they need guys like you.

I can also see how makers would tune their cars "badly" so they could have worse mpg's and thus possibly sell less cars, it all makes sense now. Damn, they have been trying to fail for all this time and we're giving them bailouts, damn it America, we have been duped.
I guess you know more than all of the vendors that tune cars on here and claim that their tune will add a couple mpg's.

Invictus

Banned
Free flowing exhaust and a more efficient intake setup will increase mileage depending on how the car gets drivin. If you put your foot through the floor at every redlight obviously the mileage will reflect that.
Most people who do any mods to their car are generally looking for performance gains and as a result MPG is lost, however that doesn't mean adding exhaust doesn't have potential to increase mileage.

Common

Established Member
I guess you know more than all of the vendors that tune cars on here and claim that their tune will add a couple mpg's.

Do something with your talent!

Inside the U.S.: 1-800-458-8006

Tell them what they're doing wrong. You are onto something here.

More hp, less gas, sounds like a win to me. Save them some time and money on the MASSIVE engineering they do. Solution is on the car forums and within the random tuners reach.

Users who are viewing this thread