I'm going to buy a PS3. what shooting game to get

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Hmm, im not too savvy on this stuff. The router is right outside my room, and I have the laptop in my room, and theres a computer upstairs my grandmother uses. Its a linksys I believe? Had it since 05. What do I do, just buy a new router and plug it up? Or do I have to configure a bunch of settings and what not? Also have a card that sticks into the side of the computer?

I had it set up for wireless connection on the ps3 when I first got it, and it worked flawlessly, everytime, no hiccups. I put in a bunch of time on waw, went to play it one day and I kept getting bumped off, and the light on the bottom of the ps3 that shows the signal strentgh just flickers erratically. I can connect to the network and browse the ps store, but if I go to preview a 2 min movie clip, it plays 2 sec then has to buffer and load, then it'll play another 2 secs, etc. So ****ing annoying, I never messed or changed any settings, so WHY THE **** DOES IT DO THIS?! I dont understand it, so I traded in waw and dont really play that much anymore.

I'm no expert but I'm confident I can tell you for sure that your router is outdated and the reason it stopped working was because Sony phased out that model router in an update. Maybe someone can confirm that but I'm almost positive it's your router.

Edit: Check this link out. I think this may explain it all. http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=64328

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Buy Modern Warfare used and then preorder Modern Warfare 2. My friend just bought a Slim last night and it's pretty cool! So much smaller and lighter than my 60G.

Sorry guy but 60 GB PS3 > All other PS3's. The PS2's Emotion Chip is a huge plus with the 60 GB as PS1/PS2 has some very good games, and after using a wireless remote busting out the PS2 for a few of the games that my original 80 gb(that uses a Emulator instead of the Emotion Chip) won't play just sucks.

I would love to trade my original 80 GB PS3 for a 60 GB system.

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
cod4 was the game of the decade .... many of us on here still play it daily and we have a clan, SVT. modern warefare2 is going to be the best selling game of all time:banana::beer:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
in all seriousness it was the game of the year in 2008 ... i love it.. playing right now actually:dancenana:

03DOHC

Established Member
So are there any accessories I need to buy to play this game or a special controller or anything?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
So are there any accessories I need to buy to play this game or a special controller or anything?
If you're going to play online, a mic is a must. Hell I don't have one and it makes things pretty difficult sometimes. Why won't m damn bluetooth hookup to my PS3?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The new Slim comes with a Duelshock 3 which is the best controller but if you want a 2nd one they are $50. You'll probably want an HDMI cord for simplicity and optimum quality which you can find for pretty cheap. A mic is nice to have. It's not always necessary but it's nice because it makes it easier to mute other players.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
I think people fail to realize exactly how popular Call Of Duty 4 really is.

#1 most sold first person shooter ever
#1 video game in 2007
#2 video game of all time in the United States
13 million copies and counting.

That said, you know my vote.

EDIT: Halo nuthuggers can shup up now :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread