I'm going to buy a PS3. what shooting game to get

slick4_6

Established Member
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. The graphics are not quite as good as COD4 but I like the controls and cover system better on Vegas 2. Vegas 2, COD4, COD World at War, and Metal Gear are all GREAT games. I think I am going to pick up the new Batman next. Vegas 2 and COD4 are extremely cheap right now also.

jf4boogie

Established Member
The Slim was the best thing Sony could have done though. At Best Buy there were only two left on the shelves so it seems people are buying them and when Christmas rolls around it ahould be the hot selling console since everyone already has the others. More sales means more content which is much needed! Activision was ready to drop Sony content if they didn't come out with a cheaper console. That would have been the death of the PS3 because that means no COD.

It's just crazy how they got all of that into such a small package. My friend declined the $40 2 year warranty from Best Buy and the first thing he did when he opened the box was drop the console about 2 feet to the floor, doh! Thing hit like a rock with no rattles and started up just fine. We'll see how it lasts, lol.

Does the slim not perform as well as the older versions? I'm either going to have to buy a new slim or have my old one repaired (new bluray).

I thought the slims had a faster processor, better cooling, etc. etc....?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Does the slim not perform as well as the older versions? I'm either going to have to buy a new slim or have my old one repaired (new bluray).

I thought the slims had a faster processor, better cooling, etc. etc....?

It is better overall. It's 30% more efficient, double the size of HD, quieter, smaller, etc. The only thing that is to be desired really is backwards compatibility but they haven't offered that for a while now and the two extra USB ports. I'm also not sure I saw the camera card slot on the Slim either so that may be another deleted feature.. It comes with one Duelshock 3 controller which I had to pay $50 for because they weren't out yet when I bought my PS3. So really when you think about it you're getting the new Slim for about $250 if you minus the price of the controller included.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
what bout killzone 2? i liked that game alot

agreed. kz2 is better than cod:mw. and definitely more worthy of a purchase at this point, imo.

I think it definately set the bar high as far as graphics and online quality go, but the gameplay is so difficult at times it loses its fun factor. I wish it was a little more extensive on weapons too. But good game overall.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
shooter: cod4 or cod WaW....i play WaW nearly every night

non-shooter: batman: arkham asylum...i already beat it so if you want it for like $40 shipped holler at me

Fugazied

Established Member
COD is good, MGS sucks.
One of the best games for the PS3 is still drakes fortune, you should be able to get a 2nd hand copy CHEAP, and it's a quality game. That says something about the state of the PS3 though, one of the first games released is still one of the best...

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Another vote for Vegas 2. Very entertaining killing people online and listening to the CPU enemies cuss you out when you kill one of theirs.

Jaysin

Established Member
Man I miss cod4 so much! Had it for my 360, then it red ringed so I got a ps3. Ended up buying WAW, which is fun online, but I like 4 better. Anyway, one day my ps3 decided to stop connecting my ps3 to the internet, so i cant play online anymore for some reason? I doesnt matter if its wired connection or wireless, it was perfect one day, I didnt tamper with it, the next day my connection is stumble-y and choppy, havent figured it out. Oh what id give to get it fixed and pick up cod4 again.

Oh and a +1 on Uncharted, absolutely love that game.

And I'll be picking up NFS:Shift in the next couple days, looks wicked, and got a 9.0 on IGN, will be the 1st nfs purchase I made since most wanted. they said the sound in the game is almost perfect, we'll see how it is going 130+ in a c6Z with the **** pit view! Oh yea, should be awesome. This will also be the first game purchase I've made since GH: Metallica came out.

EDIT: LOL at the censoring of ****, in cockpit LOL, awesome!

Last edited:

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Picked batman up yesterday...so far it's a good game....worth the purchase.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Man I miss cod4 so much! Had it for my 360, then it red ringed so I got a ps3. Ended up buying WAW, which is fun online, but I like 4 better. Anyway, one day my ps3 decided to stop connecting my ps3 to the internet, so i cant play online anymore for some reason? I doesnt matter if its wired connection or wireless, it was perfect one day, I didnt tamper with it, the next day my connection is stumble-y and choppy, havent figured it out. Oh what id give to get it fixed and pick up cod4 again.

Oh and a +1 on Uncharted, absolutely love that game.

And I'll be picking up NFS:Shift in the next couple days, looks wicked, and got a 9.0 on IGN, will be the 1st nfs purchase I made since most wanted. they said the sound in the game is almost perfect, we'll see how it is going 130+ in a c6Z with the **** pit view! Oh yea, should be awesome. This will also be the first game purchase I've made since GH: Metallica came out.

EDIT: LOL at the censoring of ****, in cockpit LOL, awesome!

That happened to my friend and it had to do with his router which wasn't good enough. He bought a new one and it worked perfectly. I'd check that out.

Jaysin

Established Member
Hmm, im not too savvy on this stuff. The router is right outside my room, and I have the laptop in my room, and theres a computer upstairs my grandmother uses. Its a linksys I believe? Had it since 05. What do I do, just buy a new router and plug it up? Or do I have to configure a bunch of settings and what not? Also have a card that sticks into the side of the computer?

I had it set up for wireless connection on the ps3 when I first got it, and it worked flawlessly, everytime, no hiccups. I put in a bunch of time on waw, went to play it one day and I kept getting bumped off, and the light on the bottom of the ps3 that shows the signal strentgh just flickers erratically. I can connect to the network and browse the ps store, but if I go to preview a 2 min movie clip, it plays 2 sec then has to buffer and load, then it'll play another 2 secs, etc. So ****ing annoying, I never messed or changed any settings, so WHY THE **** DOES IT DO THIS?! I dont understand it, so I traded in waw and dont really play that much anymore.

greyhd

Established Member
COD 4 and Killzone 2 is a good shooting games. MGS 4 is NOT a shooting game, its more of a stealth game and shooting is your last resort.

03DOHC

Established Member
MGS4 is not a shooting game! :bash:
Well excuse me for never having owned a gaming console and not knowing anything about them. :bored:

It is very cool, but if you're looking for a balls-out, shoot everything that moves game, Metal Gear Solid isn't it.
I want to shoot everything that moves, LOL. Like the old Doom games where everything was trying to kill you and you just splattered everything.

So, Call of Duty 4 or Call of Duty World at War?

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
I say get COD World at War. Zombies kicks ass!

+1000

Zombie mode in COD World at War might be the most addicting god damn thing I have ever played. The newest map is far superior to the rest, Level 29 with one other person is my best!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread