If you could get out of what you do now and start a different business

Blown 89

Established Member
There's got to be something to this, as car washes are popping up all over my town. I see a new car wash just about every month being built.

I don't get it. I don't see that many cars needing to be washed. Also, the amount of car washes to cars seem more than adequate. Meaning, there are more than enough car washes to go around. So, I don't see a car wash pulling in a mil a month here.

I purchased a car wash membership at the car wash across the street from my work. I can go through all day everyday for one price per month. I'm guessing the car wash is hoping for those members who pay every month, but don't wash their cars that often. Hell, since it's across the street I go at least twice a week minimum LOL. Getting my membership money's worth LOL.
Social media is playing a big part in that. There are a ton of Youtubers and TikTok influencers with huge followings that share the details of their car wash businesses. Laundry and vending machines is another popular passive income topic. I think a lot of people are going to lose their asses in these things when they realize what they're seeing on social media is largely fabricated.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
There's got to be something to this, as car washes are popping up all over my town. I see a new car wash just about every month being built.

I don't get it. I don't see that many cars needing to be washed. Also, the amount of car washes to cars seem more than adequate. Meaning, there are more than enough car washes to go around. So, I don't see a car wash pulling in a mil a month here.

I purchased a car wash membership at the car wash across the street from my work. I can go through all day everyday for one price per month. I'm guessing the car wash is hoping for those members who pay every month, but don't wash their cars that often. Hell, since it's across the street I go at least twice a week minimum LOL. Getting my membership money's worth LOL.

Bingo .It's like gyms. all about the membership fees and hoping people forget they are paying 20-40 a month for unlimited carwashes.
The one I mentioned is slammed from opening to closed. Stopped by to check on some driveway modifications and it's just non stop cars, including $100k+ benz getting washed. Helps it's in Central Palm Beach that is getting beyond crowded.

The same carwash owner is building another carwash 1 mile away.
And there's 2 more within a 5 mile stretch.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I think I mentioned it here already, I'm done in June, at least where I work now. I'll find something close part time, so I don't drive my wife crazy.
Congrats! I retired once, but was made an offer I couldn't refuse. No more dealing with the public in any way, sit in my office, do my thing, collect my paycheck and have a second pension at the end.

Yeah that being at home all the time with the wife will be the downside. I'm gonna find something for HER to do so she will stay out my hair. Lol.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think I mentioned it here already, I'm done in June, at least where I work now. I'll find something close part time, so I don't drive my wife crazy.
Yep, I hear you Brad. I was on vacation once and told my wife when I retire it would be like this. She said "please don't. I can barley deal with you when you come home from work let alone all day." LMAO!!!

Guess when I retire I'll have to be in the garage or find a part time myself, just to get out of the house LOL....

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Congrats! I retired once, but was made an offer I couldn't refuse. No more dealing with the public in any way, sit in my office, do my thing, collect my paycheck and have a second pension at the end.

Yeah that being at home all the time with the wife will be the downside. I'm gonna find something for HER to do so she will stay out my hair. Lol.
Spot on with dealing with the public Fred. I could never sit all day. I figure 3-6 months to finish stuff around the house. Floors, baseboards, painting the back 3 spare bedrooms and a few other odds and ends. Then find something. Not sure if wife is going to leave when I do, but I think she will. She works for me and is sick of it as well.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Brad and Glenn,

Same here. Us being in the house for a couple hours at the end of the day is rough. We go to our corners and come out at dinnertime.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Brad and Glenn,

Same here. Us being in the house for a couple hours at the end of the day is rough. We go to our corners and come out at dinnertime.

Exactly.... We are doing that at my house now. We are empty nesters so there is nothing to break up the silence/boredom LOL.... So, we keep our distance as not to drive each other crazy LMAO!!!

For me, it's good I still work and tinker on my cars most of the weekend. I can only imagine what it will be like when I retire LOL.....

I think I would have to keep my guard up ROFLMAO!!!

SVTXTC

Established Member
I would be interested in opening another roofing location for my company in a different state (depending on the state). If anyone is interested, please shoot me a message. Must not be afraid of heights. I would highly recommend the roofing industry to anyone here.

Adower

Established Member

They hope you sign up for the membership and dont use it or forget you have it on an auto rebill

Users who are viewing this thread