Established Member
Premium Member
Know anything about this tank?

Dannnng is that a 50 gallon tank?

I wonder what shipping would be.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting. I get 23-24 in my 150, so around 500 miles per tank. It has a 23 gal, but had an option for a 32 gal I think it was. Wish I had gone for that now. Next one I will.

What's the config?

I'm just planning on worse case seeing I'd be lifting and putting on bigger tires. The issue really is the range and not necessarily fuel economy. Although who doesn't want to save at the pump?

Screenshot_20230914-133852.png

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
There is a shop in Australia that sells them, too. Probably cheaper to go that route.

Just realized that's Kuwait and about $3.6 per KWD and shipping from there is typically insane.

It's probably an $3k project.

ZiaRunner

Established Member
Why not a 2021 Tundra low mileage 1794 or Pro? Shitty mpg but otherwise awesome tried and true platform.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The DOD can be defeated pretty easily.
I put one on our 2019 5.3 Suburban. No problems. Lost 1 mpg average, (still get 19-20) transmission shift better. Throttle response is better.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The DOD lifter debacle has been overstated, it can happen, but is not as rampant as the interwebz would have you believe.. I have had two 5.3 chebbies with the DOD/AFM bullshit, but no lifter failures.. I had over 100K miles on both… if you are really worried you can do the DOD/AFM delete. FWIW its a pick your poison type deal, dodge hemis go kablooey, ecoboost have their problems too etc.. I would buy any of the big three with confidence over a jap truck anyday.
IDK.
We have a tech here at the Dealership that makes a damn good living replacing lifters, VLOM's and camshafts on the 5.3/6.2. He has a stack of camshafts ruined by the VLOM failures. All this in Bangor Maine, not exactly a huge population center.
We had a 2023 Escalade with the 6.2 that needed camshaft and lifters/VLOM at only 5K miles. Folks drove up from Florida and vehicle was in the shop for over a week while we waited for parts. Not a good impression left after buying a $100K plus Escalade.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IDK.
We have a tech here at the Dealership that makes a damn good living replacing lifters, VLOM's and camshafts on the 5.3/6.2. He has a stack of camshafts ruined by the VLOM failures. All this in Bangor Maine, not exactly a huge population center.
We had a 2023 Escalade with the 6.2 that needed camshaft and lifters/VLOM at only 5K miles. Folks drove up from Florida and vehicle was in the shop for over a week while we waited for parts. Not a good impression left after buying a $100K plus Escalade.
Plenty of folks have zero issues in 6.2s… maybes its just the miserable faggots in the northeast. Joking aside wonder if its a material hardness problem… recall comp cams having lots of issues with cam cores a few years ago.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Plenty of folks have zero issues in 6.2s… maybes its just the miserable faggots in the northeast. Joking aside wonder if its a material hardness problem… recall comp cams having lots of issues with cam cores a few years ago.
Just relating first hand experience.
Take it for what you will.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Just relating first hand experience.
Take it for what you will.
Techs getting paid, gm footing the bill…I wouldn’t be pissed as long as it was being taken care of… ford had my 03 apart several times chasing the tick, driverside head replaced twice and pass side for shits and grins.. didn’t really bother me as long as it was fixed.

But you gotta a point, some trophy wife twat isn’t probably too impressed with her 100K escalade status symbol on a lift..

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
What's the config?

I'm just planning on worse case seeing I'd be lifting and putting on bigger tires. The issue really is the range and not necessarily fuel economy. Although who doesn't want to save at the pump?

View attachment 1809434
Stock 2.7 2wd extended cab. Little power house, honest. It'll surprise you.

beau t

Established Member
Am i the only 1 that thinks the Toyota front end could almost pass as a chevy front end with nothing but a emblem swap using the pics Corbic posted earlier.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Have you looked into those new 3.5 toyota TT V6s? Its the same motor they're putting in the new 300 series land cruiser and I was reading on ih8mud that a lot of tundra guys had motors popping left and right within 50,000 or less miles. So far they don't seem to have that bulletproof reliability like a 2UZ

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The DOD can be defeated pretty easily.
I put one on our 2019 5.3 Suburban. No problems. Lost 1 mpg average, (still get 19-20) transmission shift better. Throttle response is better.

I've seen that but my understanding is that doesn't stop the "failure" potential which is caused by a collapsed lifter and excessive cam wear.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Have you looked into those new 3.5 toyota TT V6s? Its the same motor they're putting in the new 300 series land cruiser and I was reading on ih8mud that a lot of tundra guys had motors popping left and right within 50,000 or less miles. So far they don't seem to have that bulletproof reliability like a 2UZ

Not looked much. I know it's the engine in the LS500 and doesn't have a submerged oil pump belt nor cam phasers, lol.

robvas

Established Member
Not sure I could do a 5.3 again. F150 for me. Didn't like the interior or the MPG of the old Tundra.

Users who are viewing this thread