I PORTED MY OWN EATON! (check it out)

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
One of the major drawbacks in my mind is that once you port your own, there's no going back if you decide down the road to have Steiggy do it.

For me, $500 for a proven performance gain AND the customer service they're famous for is WELL worth it.

Umm yeah see sig. and the blower isn't even finished!:beer:

In the back of my mind I thought maybe it was the dyno. It had been just set up and I was the first car on it. Now though there's a car that's been on 3 different dyno's my tuners dyno was within 10hp of the other two!:rockon: (and no it wasn't the highest) I've spent way more time on my blower compared to what you could pay anybody to do. Free, spare time I might add.

Or look here:read:496/555

Last edited:

Fuerza

Established Member
That looks pretty good IMO.

Off the topic do you have a sound clip of your exhaust? I want to run the same exhaust as you, Mac LT headers, off road prochamber and Magnaflow exhaust.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
Not to hijack but I'm porting a blower for strat03svt. I'm doing complete porting of the blower, stock plenum/tb, and some on the lower intake. I'll try and get pic's when it's finished. The Strat03svt will hopefully post the after numbers. Also the car was dyno'd and these are the ONLY changes being done to it.

04OUTLAW I know I ragged on you a little for looking like someone else's but you did a good job!

Thanx POSI I plan on getting mine dynoed sometime after christmas.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
That looks pretty good IMO.

Off the topic do you have a sound clip of your exhaust? I want to run the same exhaust as you, Mac LT headers, off road prochamber and Magnaflow exhaust.

I haven't made a clip yet but I was planning on doing it soon. I'm very happy with the way it sounds. I had a Bassani O/R x-pipe with stock manifolds and is was pretty obnoxious. The headers and prochamber really calmed it down and gave it a deep aggressive tone.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
For all of us that are porting our own blowers and are successful I think a round of :beer: is deserved! Now we just need to learn from each other. Instead of one of us now we're going to have a few to discuss!:banana:

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
For all of us that are porting our own blowers and are successful I think a round of :beer: is deserved! Now we just need to learn from each other. Instead of one of us now we're going to have a few to discuss!:banana:

X2 :beer:

CDR Stang

SCT PRP Tuned Whiner
Established Member
See, this always confused me, because everyone I've talked to says Eatons have a round boost curve (less boost at low rpm, peak in the middle, and tapers off on the high end), but with my car, I made peak boost of 19.5 psi at redline. If I floored it at 3000 rpm I'd get 16 psi and it would build boost from there all the way to redline :??:
It could be because at lower rpms the blower has not yet reached its highest efficiency. Mine builds boost from 2000 to ~4000, then it's steady pressure with a crank/blower ratio of 1:1.55. With a ratio of 1:1.88 it would build to ~3200 then remain steady til ~5000 where it started to drop like a stone because of intake temps surpassing 220*.

Blown 4-banger

Fixing GM's Mistakes...
Established Member
It could be because at lower rpms the blower has not yet reached its highest efficiency. Mine builds boost from 2000 to ~4000, then it's steady pressure with a crank/blower ratio of 1:1.55. With a ratio of 1:1.88 it would build to ~3200 then remain steady til ~5000 where it started to drop like a stone because of intake temps surpassing 220*.

That could be, but at redline (where peak boost is made), the blower was spinning at ~16,800 rpm. I'm pretty sure, thats WAY out of an eatons efficiency range. Even with rpms that high, intake temps rarely got above 130 on a 1/4 mile run. Thanks to my porting, and numerous intercooler mods.

With the 2.6" pulley, its running a 1:2.4 ratio.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
See, this always confused me, because everyone I've talked to says Eatons have a round boost curve (less boost at low rpm, peak in the middle, and tapers off on the high end), but with my car, I made peak boost of 19.5 psi at redline. If I floored it at 3000 rpm I'd get 16 psi and it would build boost from there all the way to redline :??:

its a bit different when comparing your boost curve to that of a eaton placed on a 4.6L mustang.

the 4.6L requires twice the amount of airflow than your 2.(3L is it?) volumetric efficiencies are totally different between the two motors. the displacement airflow requirements of the 4.6L start to suck in more air than the eaton can replenish in the intake tract, thus manifold pressure (or boost levels) drop off, because the eaton can no longer meet the demands of the motor. your motor is smaller, thusly the eaton is able to continually meet the airflow demands.

Last edited:

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
Where do they usually stamp it at?

DSC00310.gif

See it??...On the front.

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
And there it is. Thanx Troyz I'm ready to start your swap it shouldn't take us to long.

Users who are viewing this thread