I PORTED MY OWN EATON! (check it out)

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
curious to how you guys are cutting this design? i just used a drill press and a holesaw, TLC to the inside

I just drew it out freehanded, drill holes in it and grinded the rest out.
PIC-0141.jpg

PIC-0140.jpg

PIC-0142.jpg

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
At the risk of sounding stupid, did you do all that with the rotors in the case??? If so, how do you make sure you got all the shavings out?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^^No the rotors come right out. You take the front snout off and there is a spacer plate behind it that holds the rotors. You can put tape over the bearings or you can just clean them really good and use good Synthetic grease to repack them. These blowers are foolproof to take apart.

mach1gsxr

Established Member
What kind of tips are yall using to port and take off the rest of the material after drilling?

Im guessing a die grinder with just some burr's for aluminum?

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
i had my eaton ported only to satisfy me about a couple of months, it's amazen what a kenne bell will do.

I agree wholeheartedly. My car went through the following "phases"

Stock
Intake/Midpipe/Catback
Above with 3.2 Pulley
Changed to aux idler ,2.8 pulley and tune
Added Steigemeier IV supercharger
Changed out Stage IV for Kenne Bell 2.2

The Kenne Bell, HANDS DOWN was the most significant difference. My Stage IV pulled nice ( loved the extra whine as well), but the twin screw is incomparable.

I am eager to see these "home brew ports" on the track for some numbers......

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

Hey is that a challenge?:dw: :beer: With the blower that's on my car now I think it would trap 124mph in the quarter. I did run the quarter but couldn't hook for crap and still ran 120. Trust me when I say it wouldn't hook either.

Last edited:

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
I agree wholeheartedly. My car went through the following "phases"

Stock
Intake/Midpipe/Catback
Above with 3.2 Pulley
Changed to aux idler ,2.8 pulley and tune
Added Steigemeier IV supercharger
Changed out Stage IV for Kenne Bell 2.2

The Kenne Bell, HANDS DOWN was the most significant difference. My Stage IV pulled nice ( loved the extra whine as well), but the twin screw is incomparable.

Well I totally agree with you a Kenne Bell or Whipple would definately be the most significant difference. But for my time I spent nothing and I will get one just gotta save up the cash. As for the "home brew ports" it's working pretty well, the time is posted above and that was lauching at just above 3k rpms. I will have it dyno tuned, replace my clucth and head back to the track and I'm sure it will be very impressive. The car is running rich right now which is safe and that's what matters to me. I'd like to see some of your times as well.

Last edited:

n2ojoe

Established Member
that 115 does not sound that good. sounds like it needs a good tune. my friend had catback, x-pipe, upper pulley, with handheld tuner running 15-16psi on a stock blower, he ran 12.6 @ 119 on street tires. so to see if you made a difference i think you need atleast a hand held tuner and see what your mph goes up to. because your not really taking advantage of the port you did. -N2OJOE

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
with the port you should have lost a few psi. but increased the CFM, so to take advantage of the port you have to up the psi to match what you were running before.

oh the other hand, i thought the blowers were very sensitive to a port job. something to do with the way the rotors work. i didnt think you could just " guess what to cut". i didnt read the complete post. so sorry if that was said already.

Users who are viewing this thread