I PORTED MY OWN EATON! (check it out)

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
I'll be posting dyno results soon.
DSC00590.jpg

svtmassa

Established Member
awesome bro.... i would like to see the numbers, looks pretty darn good. what tools do you need to do this?

Chris@BAP

Established Member
I think a stieg port also has some opening of the inlet... but let us know what the dyno shows... you could have your self a nice how-to

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
You did a very nice job there! I'm sure you'll see some good power gains.:thumbsup:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
That would be so easy to port on a cnc. No programing, i would just pop it in and be done in 10min.

jlauth

Established Member
I believe that there was a small company that was porting blowers cheeper than stieg, and it does turn out that you get what you pay for. I am an engineering minded individual, so it is sometimes hard for me to endorse porting without testing flow, heat, and of course output. I hope it works good for you. There are some people that are capable of producing positive results, but most just think that this is as simple as looking at a stieg port and reproducing the same cut-aways.

Last edited:

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
Bad ass man. I have an extra lighning blower laying around and i was wondering how hard it would be to port it myself. I have done heads and intakes before but never a blower. Got any more pics. Im real interested in the dyno results.

yan88gt

Established Member
I believe that there was a small company that was porting blowers cheeper than stieg, and it does turn out that you get what you pay for. I am an engineering minded individual, so it is sometimes hard for me to endorse porting without testing flow, heat, and of course output. I hope it works good for you. There are some people that are capable of producing positive results, but most just think that this is as simple as looking at a stieg port and reproducing the same cut-aways.

Maybe he will not get the same HP gain has a steggy blower, but i think he will still gain some HP. When i ask if i could port my own heads and blower everyone was telling me to not do it and leave this to a professional but why????? Everyone was thinking like that at the beginning of the 5.0. But every home porter's did gain some hp after doing it even if it was not done by a professional. Even if he only gain 25hp compare to a steggy that could have gave him 40 hp it's still a cheap way to gain HP. The more people who try to port their own thing's and share their experience with us, the more we will gain in knowledge togheter and get better numbers without being engineer's!

04OUTLAW

WWW.OUTLAWDIVISION.COM
Established Member
Maybe he will not get the same HP gain has a steggy blower, but i think he will still gain some HP. When i ask if i could port my own heads and blower everyone was telling me to not do it and leave this to a professional but why????? Everyone was thinking like that at the beginning of the 5.0. But every home porter's did gain some hp after doing it even if it was not done by a professional. Even if he only gain 25hp compare to a steggy that could have gave him 40 hp it's still a cheap way to gain HP. The more people who try to port their own thing's and share their experience with us, the more we will gain in knowledge togheter and get better numbers without being engineer's!

Yeah that's the way I look at it didn't cost me a dime just a little of my time. The car feels really good the air/fuel got a little leaner so something definately changed probably making more power.:burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread