I met Alan Mulally today!!!!!!

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
I got to meet 1 of maybe 3 or 4 people on Earth that I would actually WANT to meet today; Alan Mulally. The guy is as down to Earth as can be, cracking jokes, mingling with people, signing autographs, etc. Completely awesome. It's almost surreal seeing someone like that right there in front of you. Of course I froze and barely said a word. :nonono:

Made my day nonetheless. :rockon:

Common

Established Member
That man is doing incredibly well right now, Ford is lucky to have him.

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
I'd love to meet the man. Of course I probably would've frozen too. His achievements at Ford alone are highly admirable and he seems to be the kind of individual every exec should aspire to emulate.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Pretty cool. Where did this take place?
I met and shook the hand of a billionaire years ago, Alan Gerry, founder of Cablevision. Don't know if anyone has heard of him. Self made billionaire I was told. None of it rubbed off though.

5point0guy

Established Member
That's awesome, he's definitely someone I'd like to meet if I had the chance. It really means something if you can turn Boeing around, and he's doing a great job with Ford and continuing to move the whole company forward.

Common

Established Member
Who the hell is Alan Mulally?

He is a business genius. Someone who went from running an airplane company to a car company and made a flawless transition. Not only did he make a smooth transition, he is leading ford back to the top, fast.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Had a 20 minute sit down with William Schreyer, CEO of Merrill Lynch once. Back in the early 90's. About the best I can do.

What a cool person he was to meet. Very down to Earth, but feared by many for some reason. It's amazing how you can feel the power of these types just by sitting in a room with them.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
CEO of Ford, former CEO of Boeing.

He is a business genius. Someone who went from running an airplane company to a car company and made a flawless transition. Not only did he make a smooth transition, he is leading ford back to the top, fast.

He was an EVP at Boeing and CEO of their commercial airline division. He was actually passed over for the top CEO position.

Helluva nice guy

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Any pics DJ?

He is a great man and I am very impressed.

No pic?

No pics yet. My buddy is friends with the photographer taking pics of the event, so he may have some that he is going to send us.

Pretty cool. Where did this take place?
I met and shook the hand of a billionaire years ago, Alan Gerry, founder of Cablevision. Don't know if anyone has heard of him. Self made billionaire I was told. None of it rubbed off though.

There was an event today to celebrate the launch of the Taurus and Taurus SHO. Tons of press and people everywhere. Matt Kenseth was there signing autographs when Mulally shows up. Suddenly, the line of people waiting to meet Kenseth was completely dwarfed by the line of people waiting to meeting THE MAN!

BTW, the Taurus SHO is absolutely out of this world. I need one. Bad.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That's awesome. I don't know what I would ever ask someone of that business caliber. I'd probably just try to talk cars with him.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
And that happened in 2006 I believe. It would be a morale killer to see your new CEO show up in a Competitor's car.

Users who are viewing this thread