I met Alan Mulally today!!!!!!

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I played 18 holes with Chris Vanderbilt on a company golf outing.

2 weeks ago I ate lunch with the president of Food Lion.
A girl I'm talking to is one of his 3 assistants, and she invited me to lunch.

It's kinda funny to see a multimillionaire eating lunch at a break table next to a girl making $14/hr...

Both of them were super nice, and Chris even let me try some of the liquor in his flask... FYI: Rich people drink is beyond nasty!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Wow, that's great. I probably would have froze too...or worse...I would have grabbed his arm and been frothing like a little girl with all kinds of compliments about ..."How great it is Ford is blending performance with economy and better emissions and improving and maintaining quality and building great cars and technology like the 2010 Mustang, Shelby, SHO, Fusion Hybrid, EcoBoost and that you didn't take any bailout money and by-the-way, Alan, here's my redesign for the butt-ugly rearend on the '10 Mustang....." all while we was squirming to get away.

04streetvenom

Established Member
Working for Ford I have been lucky enough to meet him. The man is amazing, so brilliant, and yet just like you said down to earth. Last time I got to meet him was after a dealer meeting and with a hundred dealers in the room he just sits right down at a table and starts bs-ing with them. Just not what you would expect from someone in that position.

Common

Established Member
He lives within 3 miles of his office at Ford's global headquarters in Dearborn, Michigan. And arrives at 5:15 AM every morning and works for 12 hours. [

:read:

jimmy77

Established Member
Mr. Mulally comes from an engineering background. He was a lead engineer on the Boeing 777. We let a darn good one get away. When you mesh exteme technical knowledge with darn good business sense...and package it all up with great communication and a down to earth personality...you got a winner. There is not a better business leader in America today....PERIOD. Great guy. Most CEO's are plastic and phony this guy totally pours himself into whatever he's doing. He is the real deal. Go watch the first flight of the 777 on youtube...the guy was crying when the thing took off. This country could use more like him. Its nice to have a CEO guy with enough mechanical knowledge to be able to cut through the fluff.....most are just business guys. (bean counters) You ford guys hit the motherload with Mulally.

Users who are viewing this thread