I just ordered a 2023 Genesis G70 3.3T. I'm psyched!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wife surprised me tonight, she fell for the Uyuni white with red interior 3.3awd Prestige. Will finish the paperwork tomorrow, currently have it for an overnight test drive.

View attachment 1790252
Hey, Jay, you stole my car! LOL. Very nice. I'm sure she likes the 3.3 TT motor. Did you mean Sport Prestige?

If you have any questions about anything on the car, shoot me off a text message. I hope you both enjoy it. Curious if you/she got to compare the Uyuni White and Alta White. Big difference.

My insurance didn't change much when I added the G70. Insurance rates should not be affected because of older Kia/Hyundai thefts. The Genesis vehicles are not affected. You might want to check with your insurance carrier to see why yours went up higher than expected. Adding a new car, especially if it's higher priced than what you had, affects the rates.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
You are correct, it is a Sport Prestige and thanks for the offer. You may be getting your phone blown up soon lol.

They had the Uyuni white, Verbier matte white, Vik black and a Hallasan green. We both like pearls and metallics in paint so we knew the Verbier was out right off the bat, plus I didnt want to deal with caring for that type of paint. The wife isnt a fan of dark paint colors so the we didnt even look at the green nor the black.

It would have been nice if we had the option to see/buy a Siberian Ice (blue pearl tint I believe) but to be honest the way the Uyuni glows on a cloudy dark day I am impressed and totally happy with her choice. Words nor pictures can really explain how brilliant it is in person, looking forward to a sunny day. I was truly shocked last night to say the least. There was a Mallorca blue in the parking lot owned by an employee, that color looked great as well and it would have been tough if they were side by side and we had to choose.

Just got done looking over all the panel gaps and aside from a very slight poke on one fender edge near the headlight/bumper (cant see it, only feel it) I am happy with buying this car. Apparently the gaps are a common issue on the G70. Its still wet from the rain/snow but I will get a better look at it when I wash/wax it this weekend. This reminds me, have to tell the dealer not to mount the front plate nor add any of their shitty dealer stickers to it.

I was surprised with the quote from Geico as well, planned on calling them on it later today. My 19 Raptor was almost the same as my old 15 Forester XT when I bought it in Jan 2020 and its only gone down since.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You are correct, it is a Sport Prestige and thanks for the offer. You may be getting your phone blown up soon lol.

They had the Uyuni white, Verbier matte white, Vik black and a Hallasan green. We both like pearls and metallics in paint so we knew the Verbier was out right off the bat, plus I didnt want to deal with caring for that type of paint. The wife isnt a fan of dark paint colors so the we didnt even look at the green nor the black.

It would have been nice if we had the option to see/buy a Siberian Ice (blue pearl tint I believe) but to be honest the way the Uyuni glows on a cloudy dark day I am impressed and totally happy with her choice. Words nor pictures can really explain how brilliant it is in person, looking forward to a sunny day. I was truly shocked last night to say the least. There was a Mallorca blue in the parking lot owned by an employee, that color looked great as well and it would have been tough if they were side by side and we had to choose.

Just got done looking over all the panel gaps and aside from a very slight poke on one fender edge near the headlight/bumper (cant see it, only feel it) I am happy with buying this car. Apparently the gaps are a common issue on the G70. Its still wet from the rain/snow but I will get a better look at it when I wash/wax it this weekend. This reminds me, have to tell the dealer not to mount the front plate nor add any of their shitty dealer stickers to it.

I was surprised with the quote from Geico as well, planned on calling them on it later today. My 19 Raptor was almost the same as my old 15 Forester XT when I bought it in Jan 2020 and its only gone down since.
Yeah, I made sure to instruct my dealer sales rep to tell the service department to not mount the front license plate frame nor put any dealer stickers on the rear, as well. I've done that before with them and they have no issues with it. Fortunately Connecticut doesn't enforce the front plate requirement. I hate them. LOL.

Oh, and I just sent you a text message in a Conversation.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One thing always raising my concern is whether or not you know you are in a Hyundai even though it is the high end product.
It’s really the same as comparing Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infinity. Genesis gets confusion because they primarily share dealerships with Hyundai.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It’s really the same as comparing Toyota/Lexus, Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infinity. Genesis gets confusion because they primarily share dealerships with Hyundai.
This is true. Some do it better than others.
It is really disappointing to start a Cadillac XT5/6 and it sounds just like a Chevy Traverse/Equinox.
Really?
You are paying a premium for "Cadillac" quality, but it is really not different than the Chevy alternative, but with more Glam...

jshen

Established Member
I have been told by Genesis of America that all Genesis dealerships must separate physically from Hyundai. My Genesis dealer moved to South Carolina- 60 miles away...

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been told by Genesis of America that all Genesis dealerships must separate physically from Hyundai. My Genesis dealer moved to South Carolina- 60 miles away...
What was the context of that discussion and was a timeline mentioned??? I have 4 Genesis dealerships within 30 minutes or so, curious where/when they will end up moving.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
I find it to be the lack of pedigree normally associated with higher end brands that Hyundai/Genesis has not reached as of yet. Now that doesn't mean Hyundai or Genesis are bad products. Rather, it means that it doesn't yet have that pedigree people generally think of when mentioning Acura/Lexus/etc since those higher end brands have more time on the market and that does play on one's perception.

Unfortunately when it comes to the brand with certain people:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
LOVE it Bob.

Genesis/Hyundai/Kia are all brands I always look at these days. The product they are putting out is nothing short of outstanding! I would have never guessed this to be the case 15 years back.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I find it to be the lack of pedigree normally associated with higher end brands that Hyundai/Genesis has not reached as of yet. Now that doesn't mean Hyundai or Genesis are bad products. Rather, it means that it doesn't yet have that pedigree people generally think of when mentioning Acura/Lexus/etc since those higher end brands have more time on the market and that does play on one's perception.

Unfortunately when it comes to the brand with certain people:

I agree with the perception thing, but it's changing rapidly for good reason. If Genesis had separate dealerships, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation. LOL. Having owned three Genesis vehicles in a row, I've become very familiar with Genesis. They're the real deal. Hopefully in a couple of years, the perceived pedigree thing will be a non-issue.

kaz109

Established Member
I was able to check out a G90 this weekend and quickly fell in love. Worth every penny of the price tag and it puts Cadillac to shame.

I wasn’t able to drive it so I’m not sure if it has the HP to match its heavy curb weight but but I’d imagine it was along the lines of a LS500 which is perfectly fine. The big three offer a better luxury sedan imo but if a buyer is looking for luxury big sedan at just barley tipping 100k that’s the route to take imo.

Mackie

Established Member
Only Lexus/Toyota had some success with an offspring ‘luxury’ brand. Infinity/Nissan fizzled.
It’s humorous to me that Tesla was once referred to as a ‘luxury’ brand.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
@CobraBob
Guess what I signed papers on today?!?! lol

163245.jpg

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just looked at the Genesis web site.
Not a lot of options. You pick X model, pick Y color, pick Z interior color and one of 3 "packages" and that is pretty much it. You can add mud guards, floor liners, a first aid kit and little else. Kind of disappointed at the lack of selection, but maybe that is how they keep the cost down.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! They sharp looking cars inside and out.
Thanks man.
Yes, very sharp inside and out. Lots of tech too with high def cameras.
I REALLY wanted to go with the BMW M340i, but I didn't want that much of a monthly lease payment.

Awesome, Tony. Congratulations! Looks like a Sport Prestige model. Did you get the RWD or AWD?

Back in 2019 when I bought my first G70 3.3T, I almost went with red paint.
Thanks Bob.
It is the Sport Prestige model indeed. I got the awd as it will be the new daily driver. Might have to get some all seasons or winter tires for the winter months.
I was going back and forth between the white and the red. Both the white and red are the best looking colors on this car in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread