I just ordered a 2023 Genesis G70 3.3T. I'm psyched!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine is AWD, too. I don't drive it during the winter months, but......just in case. The AWD is nice on wet roads, too. So yours is probably identical to mine if you got the red-stitched seats. I like the dash camera view of the sides when you use the turn-signals.

1688494069838.jpeg

Are you planning any mods? I considered a tune, but I'm happy with the factory power, especially in Sport mode. The only mod that I've done is the oil catch can.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is AWD, too. I don't drive it during the winter months, but......just in case. The AWD is nice on wet roads, too. So yours is probably identical to mine if you got the red-stitched seats. I like the dash camera view of the sides when you use the turn-signals.

View attachment 1799946

Are you planning any mods? I considered a tune, but I'm happy with the factory power, especially in Sport mode. The only mod that I've done is the oil catch can.

Beautiful.
I opted for the same interior. the cameras in this car are insane. I do love the side view cameras that turn on when you put on the turn signals. Great feature.

No plans to mod. This is a lease, but I may keep it. We'll see.
I might want an exhaust, but not a tin can farty sounding one. lol

163322.jpg

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Is anyone offering a tune that is easy to install and uninstall? Some of the older tunes for the 2.0T were absolutely a chore to install and if you needed to take it off? Hell.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Is anyone offering a tune that is easy to install and uninstall? Some of the older tunes for the 2.0T were absolutely a chore to install and if you needed to take it off? Hell.
I think it was discussed earlier in this thread.
IIRC, I think it was Berger Motorsports? Makes the car really fun with awd.

Dano91

Established Member
Haha, my brother was in town a couple weeks back at a family function…in his rental. He shows up to the and tells me “I don’t know what this thing is but it’s fast as ****.” Of course it was one of these. We went to look at it and it had different tires all around and it was clear a couple doors had been re-painted, pretty beat up. We took it out and had some fun with it and man this thing ripped!

Later on in the evening he calls me all excited telling me he pulled on a 392 charger on his way home. I’d drive one.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I think it was discussed earlier in this thread.
IIRC, I think it was Berger Motorsports? Makes the car really fun with awd.
Wouldnt call that a tune, thats a piggyback. I had a great experience with their JB products on my BMW but other people had bad experiences with different MFG's. Not surprised considering Terry pretty much came up in the BMW world.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wouldnt call that a tune, thats a piggyback. I had a great experience with their JB products on my BMW but other people had bad experiences with different MFG's. Not surprised considering Terry pretty much came up in the BMW world.
Ahhhhh,.......my bad man.
I'm brand spanking new to these types of cars. Hoping to learn though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Beautiful.
I opted for the same interior. the cameras in this car are insane. I do love the side view cameras that turn on when you put on the turn signals. Great feature.

No plans to mod. This is a lease, but I may keep it. We'll see.
I might want an exhaust, but not a tin can farty sounding one. lol

View attachment 1799949
Love it, Tony. My last G70 had the contrasting light gray stitching. I like the red better, along with the red seat belts.

Yep, the Burger tune is a piggyback. I had one on my 2014 Mini Cooper S, but wasn't pleased overall with it. Terry is a great guy, but they've had ongoing hiccups with their piggyback tunes. Maybe they've improved in consistency over the year. I did love how easy and quick (10 minutes) it was to remove and re-install the tune when visiting a dealership.

There are a number of tune available for this car. One that a local dealership is installing is from Lap3. Pushes HP from 365 to 420. Torque from 376 to 475+. Honestly, I'm very content with the factory power, especially in Sport mode. I'd rather not risk losing my great warranty.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Love it, Tony. My last G70 had the contrasting light gray stitching. I like the red better, along with the red seat belts.
Thanks Bob.
When I saw your car, it helped make up my mind a little bit more. lol

Enjoy brother!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just saw your pics in the "new car" thread. The more I see your Havana Red paint, the more I like it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha, my brother was in town a couple weeks back at a family function…in his rental. He shows up to the and tells me “I don’t know what this thing is but it’s fast as ****.” Of course it was one of these. We went to look at it and it had different tires all around and it was clear a couple doors had been re-painted, pretty beat up. We took it out and had some fun with it and man this thing ripped!

Later on in the evening he calls me all excited telling me he pulled on a 392 charger on his way home. I’d drive one.
LOL
Nice. No joke,...put the 3.3t in Sport or Sport+ mode and it's seriously a really fun daily driver. I'm sure @CobraBob can attest as well. (y);)

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL
Nice. No joke,...put the 3.3t in Sport or Sport+ mode and it's seriously a really fun daily driver. I'm sure @CobraBob can attest as well. (y);)
All my wife drives around in is Sport+, she asked me on Friday if there was a way to get it to stay in + mode. I told her there wasnt but we could tune it for some more HP, shes not willing to risk the warranty but I could see the gears turning while she pondered it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You've got a good one there, Jorge! LOL. I don't leave mine in Sport mode all the time; just maybe 50% of the time. Because I like to feel the difference between Comfort mode (default) and Sport mode. Kind of like how a car feels right after a tune. But then weeks later you lost the "feel" and you're wanting more. My logic might help me resist the urge to go with a tune, even though potentially losing my great warranty is really a big enough deterrent.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
All my wife drives around in is Sport+, she asked me on Friday if there was a way to get it to stay in + mode. I told her there wasnt but we could tune it for some more HP, shes not willing to risk the warranty but I could see the gears turning while she pondered it.
Nice!!! lol

It really is a nice fun daily driver for sure. (y)

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice!!! lol

It really is a nice fun daily driver for sure. (y)
It is, told her I want a silver one to test the waters but she started beating the "what ya gonna sell" drum immediately. Sometimes she hesitates but not this time, she hesitated and I bought my Raptor later that week lol.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
So the JB4 for Stingers is dead nuts reliable. Problems typically arise with the wrong octane fuel and/or wrong plugs or plugs with the wrong gap. From here, a lot of guys graduated to Lozic who is a tuner in S. Korea. He does custom ECU and TCU tunes. The most recent trend is Sxth Element who came out with a handheld that essentially functions just like a Cobb Access Port. Several of the guys with Lozic stuff have moved to that. Regardless, the 3.3TT platform loves mods and responds well to them. I've been closely watching for 2 years and I am not seeing guys grenading their motors and transmissions yet. Car handles repeated launches well, too.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
So the JB4 for Stingers is dead nuts reliable. Problems typically arise with the wrong octane fuel and/or wrong plugs or plugs with the wrong gap. From here, a lot of guys graduated to Lozic who is a tuner in S. Korea. He does custom ECU and TCU tunes. The most recent trend is Sxth Element who came out with a handheld that essentially functions just like a Cobb Access Port. Several of the guys with Lozic stuff have moved to that. Regardless, the 3.3TT platform loves mods and responds well to them. I've been closely watching for 2 years and I am not seeing guys grenading their motors and transmissions yet. Car handles repeated launches well, too.
Only thing I dont like about the JB4 is that it has to live permanently in your OBD2 port, not sure if that is still true to be honest. I havent done any real research into piggybacks for the 3.3TT but would prefer something similar to the DTE PowercontrolX that only plugs into sensors in the engine bay and not have to be routed back into the cabin OBD2 port as well.

sonicmach1

Established Member
Only thing I dont like about the JB4 is that it has to live permanently in your OBD2 port, not sure if that is still true to be honest. I havent done any real research into piggybacks for the 3.3TT but would prefer something similar to the DTE PowercontrolX that only plugs into sensors in the engine bay and not have to be routed back into the cabin OBD2 port as well.
Cobra Bob,
This post just popped up in a JB4 Google search!
I too just bought a G70 2023 3.3T AWD - sport prestige in October.
No mods to speak of yet beyond window tinting, black emblems, and TuxMat floor mats. I will get a JB4, plugs, air filters setup sometime.
It’s a nice car with many features. My only quips are the exhaust note is blah, stereo needs a sub and you have to set the drive mode every key start. The fuel tank is all too.
With a full tank of fuel, storage empty, and no driver,
It weighed 4040 lbs on a certified trucker scale (2160/1880 lbs F/R)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_7084 Copy Copy.jpeg
    IMG_7084 Copy Copy.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 43

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Cobra Bob,
This post just popped up in a JB4 Google search!
I too just bought a G70 2023 3.3T AWD - sport prestige in October.
No mods to speak of yet beyond window tinting, black emblems, and TuxMat floor mats. I will get a JB4, plugs, air filters setup sometime.
It’s a nice car with many features. My only quips are the exhaust note is blah, stereo needs a sub and you have to set the drive mode every key start. The fuel tank is all too.
With a full tank of fuel, storage empty, and no driver,
It weighed 4040 lbs on a certified trucker scale (2160/1880 lbs F/R)

Enjoy!
Gorgeous man. Congrats and enjoy.
I love mine. Not only does she look killer, but she goes out pretty good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread