I have begun my Coyote Swap, PICS, Saleen SN95!!

Murder Snake

SnakeBT
Established Member
excellent, you know we need to see a video and hear it!!!

fyi, a guy I know got an aluminator, Boss motor and found that the boss intake, prior to tuning, lost low end. he is about to put the stock coyote intake on the motor and then tune it.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
CONGRATS MAN!!! Awesome to see a swap come together with minimal problems. Always feels good hear that engine fire up on the first try. I know how excited and accomplished I felt a couple months ago when my cobra fired up on the first try after I had pulled the engine for a head gasket and timing set replacement.

I know, it is a huge accomplishment, all that time and effort pays off when the car cranks over first shot with very little problems.

nice, congrats man. can't wait to see it.

Thanks Nate, ull see it at mustang week, i cant wait to see yours if you get to bring it!

CONGRATS!!!!! cant wait for the vid/ pics

Working on it!! Ill get some good ones very shortly for you guys! Thanks

Great news man!!! Looking forward to finishing mine!!!

Yes you will love it when you are done, it drives like a new car with this motor in it, i am in love so far!

excellent, you know we need to see a video and hear it!!!

fyi, a guy I know got an aluminator, Boss motor and found that the boss intake, prior to tuning, lost low end. he is about to put the stock coyote intake on the motor and then tune it.

Very interesting and good to know, i was going for the hi rpm rev, as a kid i know has a 12 boss and revs it out to 8000 rpm and it just sounds fantastic, so i was trying to squeeze at least 7500 out of it so i figured an intake would benefit, but maybe i will hold off and just get a cold air and a tune!, maybe some spray.

Is this the reducer you used?
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=451&partno=15925

I was looking at using this one:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g4754
with these flanges:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-31942

We really just need the socket end of the connection in a 3" that tapers to 2.5", right?

I honestly brought it to the exhaust shop and they made 3" flow tubes from the x pipe to the mufflers and welded those on, i did not use any reducers or anything as i do not have the time or patience to wait for those to come in the mail only to figure out i really couldnt of used them to their full potential lol.

blubyu90

Established Member
Heck yeah! Congrats! You have me wanting to put this motor in my BAB. lol. BTW is there anyway to make the stock gauges work? Sorry if I missed it.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
Heck yeah! Congrats! You have me wanting to put this motor in my BAB. lol. BTW is there anyway to make the stock gauges work? Sorry if I missed it.

I would, i think i may do this again down the road to my BAB or atleast a 3v swap, but anyways yes, stock gauges do work, i need to order a dallas speedcal for the t56 to make the speedo accurate etc, but the factory temp, oil press, gas, tach, (and soon the speedo) will work all on the stock cluster. So yes, stock gauges work great which was a big thing for me, not a fan of aftermarket cheese

Brian@Stifflers

Established Member
Hey Christian,

Someone told me you had an issue with the crossmember so thought I'd check it out. Looks like a simple case of accidentally ordering the wrong part, since your car is not a Cobra the correct part is TCB-M05.

Explanation why: As you probably know the Cobra's came from the factory with a Cobra Spec T-45 which has the trans mounting pad approx. 4" further back than a standard T-45. To account for the extra length, Ford made a bolt-on style crossmember bracket set and installed them behind the standard crossmember mounting brackets. The crossmember you purchased is designed to be used with the set-back Cobra mounts, which is one of the reasons it did not want to fit. Please call me and we'll discuss getting you the correct part! :-D

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Also, I'm pretty sure all T45s made after 2000 or so had the Cobra style tailshaft.

I put a Cobra '96 4.6L DOHC and T45 into a GT unibody several years back and encountered the same issue mentioned above and added the Ford Cobra crossmember at that time.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
Did you actually do the wiring of the oem gauge cluster?

No my friend did who is a wiring/auto electric by trade, but he just tapped the frpp harness tach signal wire into the tach signal in the cluster. works perfect.

Hey Christian,

Someone told me you had an issue with the crossmember so thought I'd check it out. Looks like a simple case of accidentally ordering the wrong part, since your car is not a Cobra the correct part is TCB-M05.

Explanation why: As you probably know the Cobra's came from the factory with a Cobra Spec T-45 which has the trans mounting pad approx. 4" further back than a standard T-45. To account for the extra length, Ford made a bolt-on style crossmember bracket set and installed them behind the standard crossmember mounting brackets. The crossmember you purchased is designed to be used with the set-back Cobra mounts, which is one of the reasons it did not want to fit. Please call me and we'll discuss getting you the correct part! :-D

All very good info, i appreciate it, the problem was i was unsure what t45 was in my car as i was on my 2nd or 3rd one, i believe the first one was a GT one and i thought this was a cobra one or a 99+ one. So i was unsure, and usually in my head a cobra/gt from 96 to 98 is basically the same, and i will definitely call you however i am sure you saw what i had to do with that crossmember to make it fit, but i will call you and i appreciate you chiming in like that.

Also, I'm pretty sure all T45s made after 2000 or so had the Cobra style tailshaft.

I put a Cobra '96 4.6L DOHC and T45 into a GT unibody several years back and encountered the same issue mentioned above and added the Ford Cobra crossmember at that time.

Ahhh ok well all good info, again, in my head a t45 is a t45... a grenade is a grenade lol.

Not sure if this link will work, but here is me after i got the car going vs a SS with 4:10s and 100 shot..was door to door 1st thru 3rd until i got a little clutch slip in 4th, so i am putting a heavier duty one in ASAP.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=657179284365921

Last edited:

xtort

Established Member
Cut hole in the firewall and ran the wires inside, mounted the Ford box thingy to the passenger side kick panel.
20140528_115211.jpg

Did you end up filling in that hole and using a grommet of some sort? Any finished pictures?

Craiger77

Established Member
Awesome thread! I'm also currently planning my own swap and had decided to use a f150 coyote. This thread wil be so useful. I can't wait to see the dyno and slip results

Users who are viewing this thread