I have begun my Coyote Swap, PICS, Saleen SN95!!

LDC2335

Established Member
looks like a sweet build man!

Seems you may have sold me your Vortech to help fund this awesomeness..lol

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Guys-
Finally back into this engine swap... I just pulled the crank damper bolt to get into the timing cover removal and realized that the damper doesn't have threaded holes for my damper puller. Is there another tool that I need to remove the damper? Like a 3-jaw puller or something? I don't want to tear this thing up trying to figure it out.
thanks

laddanator

Established Member
Guys-
Finally back into this engine swap... I just pulled the crank damper bolt to get into the timing cover removal and realized that the damper doesn't have threaded holes for my damper puller. Is there another tool that I need to remove the damper? Like a 3-jaw puller or something? I don't want to tear this thing up trying to figure it out.
thanks

3 or 4 jaw puller will pull the damper off just fine without tearing anything up. I've done it many times this way.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Yes use a 3 jaw puller, that is what i had used for mine and then a really big crow bar to lightly pry off at the end. Mine was on there good.

Small update, i got the Stifflers T56 swap crossmember in, was NOT a direct bolt on like everything else, i had to heat it and smash the shizz out of it with a hammer as it hit the bottom of the t56 not allowing it to bolt the mount to the bottom of the trans.

Got that out of the way and mounted the Aeromotive fuel regulator and put all the AN fittings and lines on it, so the Fuel is ready to go! I also did a small mock up of the stock air intake, the coolan hoses for the heater core, and also put up the BBK 3" offroad X pipe that also DOES NOT FIT!!!! jeeeeesus, all these swap necessary parts fit like my a**.... so i have to try ratchet strapping that to the cars frame to widen it a little.

It is the little things that really make this fun ! lol :cryying:

20140612_121639.jpg

20140612_164216.jpg

20140610_154609.gif

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
What size fittings and adapters did you use for the fuel lines? Did you have to cut the oem connectors off and use compression fittings or is there an adapter that connects the oem fitting to AN fitting?

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
An -6 fittings and the non braided black fuel line an that is way easier to use than the braided crap.. also yes had to cut the existing tips off the factory return and fuel line. Used compression fittings for brake hose one 5/16 and the other 1/4 with the an adapters to that. Worked great.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Last edited:

Mystic_Cobra

Established Member
Summit Racing has been my "GO TO" shop for fittings, hoses, adapters, etc. Home Depot is my GO TO shop for fab supplies.

Summit has decent tech support, good prices, fast shipping, and a pretty good web site, too. My car already has an upgraded fuel pump so I don't have to worry about that part. I would think that fuel pump would be fine for your car.

The specific details on exactly what fittings, which hose, etc does not seem to be readily available. I haven't been able to find anyone who's done the swap and recorded that much detail. I plan to do that as best I can with my build thread. I'm at least a week from that part of the job...probably two.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
The specific details on exactly what fittings, which hose, etc does not seem to be readily available. I haven't been able to find anyone who's done the swap and recorded that much detail. I plan to do that as best I can with my build thread. I'm at least a week from that part of the job...probably two.

I appreciate it. I just started to put the PBH brackets on yesterday and was impressed with the fitment of everything. I'll be making an order to Late Model in the next couple of days for a few things and will start to transfer the accessories from the 4.6 to the 5.0 this week.

laddanator

Established Member
How do I know what to get and where to get it? It seems Late Model only has regulator and adapter fitting....AND which 255 fuel pump did you go with.....this one??
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...ng-Walbro-255-Lhp-High-Pressure-Fuel-Pump-Kit

I would go with this one.

http://www.highflowfuel.com/i-10127703-hfp-320lph-intank-fuel-pump-ford-mustang-cobra-1996-1997.html

Everyone seems to go with a Walbro 255. I've used Walbro and the pump is ok. I like the high flow pump from the link better.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
I Used the WALBRO off ebay for $95 bucks shipped, it comes from a member called TRE Performance, never had one issue and i have bought about 8 walbro 255s from them. But do what is easiest for you.

for the AN fittings and lines, i used the non braided fuel lines (the braided part is an absolute bear to put onto the fittings) and i bought most fittings from a local speed shop. Otherwise go to ANplumbing.com for a huge selection and free shipping as well as descriptions on every fitting type.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
Going to start this bomb today as well and see how it goes, i have a leak from the compression fitting from the cars fuel feed line, so i am correcting that as we speak, all the hoses are clamped and i have all wiring completed, cant wait to start it up.

RIO RED SNAKE

Established Member
Ok guys she runs!!.. The car fired right up first crank. Filled all fluids and took it up the street. Got the exhaust welded up and it sounds awesome. Set up is the BBK Long Tubes, BBK 3" offroad x and Flowmaster 3" to 2.5" reduction. I drove it about 60 miles that night, the fuel pressure is supposed to be at 55psi when i start the car but the gauge was past 60psi so i had to turn it down as the car was loading up after cruising in 6th for a while then dropping a few gears to romp on it. So after i adjusted that back down the car runs way better and does not backfire as much lol, i still need to figure out what driving fuel PSI it is supposed to be at.

The car will be tuned before i go to Mustang Week, i plan to get a JLT and a Boss manifold before the tune but we will see, the car out of the box though runs excellent and i was not too far back from my buddies pullied 04 cobra with 460whp.

It is super impressive, loves to rev, and is an absolute blast to roll into it out of corners and click off 7000 rpm. it is a whole different howl than the 4.6 4v. Videos to come!

98BABCobra

Established Member
CONGRATS MAN!!! Awesome to see a swap come together with minimal problems. Always feels good hear that engine fire up on the first try. I know how excited and accomplished I felt a couple months ago when my cobra fired up on the first try after I had pulled the engine for a head gasket and timing set replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread