I hate Lowell and my neighbors.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
So does anyone else think this is Bullshit? So I"m working on my truck in the driveway today doing some body work and this guy walks up to me. Tells me to shut my "****ing" compressor off so we can talk. Pardon my language. Tells me he is the building inspector and that my mother who is the house owner is getting a 300 dollar fine for working on a car in my driveway. Then tells me I have 7 days to remove my truck from the property. But if I remove the truck within the 7 days he will make the ticket disappear. So now I have to register a truck that has no floor pans in it leaking axle seals and a short in the turn signal circuit just so I we don't have to pay the fine. Now I am no longer allowed to work on any vehicle whatsoever in my driveway again or face fines. He tells me he got a complaint from a neighbor who says the noise was bothering him. I only worked on it from 9 or 10am to 3pm every nice day out. He is never home between those hours cause he always is with his wife at a nursing home during those hours. But he can leave his outdoor radio on a talk radio station everyday when he is not home and I never complain? Well guess what, game on. I'm going to make this guys life a living hell now. Looks like my car will be going under the knife to make it louder but legal (longtubes and less cats maybe?) and the truck is getting a loud exhaust also just to piss him off. I have never done anything bad to the guy. Looks like he can shovel his own long ass sidewalk and now I'm putting up a 6ft stockade fence on the property line so I don't have to look at the asshole. Sorry for the long read but I needed to vent to my fellow Mass residents. Anyone else have this kind of issue?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
Sounds like you have a neighbor from hell......

If I was in your position, I would personally find out what exactly the local ordinances are, get the persons name and contact information who approached you and make sure he is legit.

Secondly, i would definitely confront the neighbor and let them know how disapointed you are for not coming to you first. That is a pretty weak ass move. Not sure what kinda relationship your parents have with the guy, but that's just gutless.

Find out the facts first....then go on the attack. Chances are you didn't do anything wrong and you just have a busy body nosy neighbor.

What part of Lowell do you live.....let me know and I'll make sure to do a drive by at WOT at 1am

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
ya neighbors suck! thats why i just bought a house in the country with 6 acres, so i dont have to see any. get a permit for the fence first or he'll turn you in for that too. dont tell him your not going to shovel, just let it snow and leave him hanging. haha

Last edited:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
If its on your property you dont need to register it I thought... Only if its on public roads. My neighbors are complete dicks also but my truck is pretty damn loud.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Sounds like you have a neighbor from hell......

If I was in your position, I would personally find out what exactly the local ordinances are, get the persons name and contact information who approached you and make sure he is legit.

Secondly, i would definitely confront the neighbor and let them know how disapointed you are for not coming to you first. That is a pretty weak ass move. Not sure what kinda relationship your parents have with the guy, but that's just gutless.

Find out the facts first....then go on the attack. Chances are you didn't do anything wrong and you just have a busy body nosy neighbor.

What part of Lowell do you live.....let me know and I'll make sure to do a drive by at WOT at 1am

Me and my mother have already contacted the guy and he is legit. I registered the truck today and he is voiding the fine. The neighbor is a almost 80 year old man with no life. My parents are divorced and he still calls my dad with problems with me and my dad no longer lives here, he sold the house to my mother. My mother confronted the neighbor and gave him an ear full. He blew it off like he owns the neighbor hood and he's untouchable. He said he is sick of us giving him shit??? I shovel this guys sidewalks and even helped him clean off his flat roof? Just cause I made noise during the early day I'm an asshole? This is is very nosey he will creep by my house just to see what I'm doing in the driveway. He calls the police on everyone.
Be my guest if you want to do a fly by Ian lol I live on Bowden St. right off Gorham. I'm 107 he is the right side of my driveway before the next street. I come home late everynight and make it a point to be loud pulling in the driveway. My mom loves it haha.

ya neighbors suck! thats why i just bought a house in the country with 6 acres, so i dont have to see any. get a permit for the fence first or he'll turn you in for that too. dont tell him your not going to shovel, just let it snow and leave him hanging. haha

We called the city today and they say if it's on my property I don't need a permit unless it's taller than 6ft. So 6ft stockade fence it is lol. It's his sidewalk in front of his house, and it wraps around both sides of his house cause he is on a corner so screw him. He can eat my ass with a spoon.

If its on your property you dont need to register it I thought... Only if its on public roads. My neighbors are complete dicks also but my truck is pretty damn loud.

Supposedly Lowell was being pretty lax on unregistered cars, until this month I guess. The building inspector was actually driving the neighbor hoods ticketing cars and stuff that were dormant without plates, and large RVs that were "eye sores" and giving them 7 days to remove them. And I just thought a few people were going camping this past weekend when I saw them drive by:shrug: But the way my truck was in my driveway the guy didn't even know it was unregistered. But he got a call from my neighbor so he came in to look at it and I just happened to be sanding the patch panel on my door. He told my mother when she called that if I had been rude to him or gave him any trouble at all he would have fined me for my sled trailer and the sleds for no plates, also all the other little things I had lying around. I'm in now way mad at the inspector as he is only doing his job and it's probably a tough job to have if everyone is giving you shit about looking through there things. But it's just how everything went down. Funny though, the guy was like, if you work on it in the garage your free and clear and nothing can be done. I calmly looked at him and said, do you see how tall this is? See how small that garage opening is? He just laughed, he wasn't a bad person.
?

Thanks guys, Chris.:beer:

Last edited:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
oooh yeah...I can drive right by there on my way home from work...next time im in the area expect a buzzzzzz by from me.

I hate people like that...guy obviously has nothing better to do.

matt87

Established Member
i'm a car guy too and i do feel for your situation BUT i must say there is nothing more annoying than the sound of a compressor. i have a harley rider neighbor two houses down and hes always wrenching. if i werent a car guy i would bitch but theres worse things in life to worry about.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
i'm a car guy too and i do feel for your situation BUT i must say there is nothing more annoying than the sound of a compressor. i have a harley rider neighbor two houses down and hes always wrenching. if i werent a car guy i would bitch but theres worse things in life to worry about.

I understand what your saying but the compressor is in my garage and you cant hear it outside. its fully insulated around it and its quiet. He just hates me working on anything in the driveway cause I make noise. But his radio blasting all day even when he isn't home is fine.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
oooh yeah...I can drive right by there on my way home from work...next time im in the area expect a buzzzzzz by from me.

I hate people like that...guy obviously has nothing better to do.

Have at it man. I'm going to end up having a friend of mine do a rolling burnout past his house haha.

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
I'll take a ride over there, Need to dispose of my tires, I'll do one of these down the street.....

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOD59Mwq1KM"]YouTube- scott burnout.MPG[/nomedia]

bigjohnson4.6gt

Street Menace
Established Member
i never like parking in lowell, my brother goes to umass and i frequent up there due to the sweet...................."get togethers" up there

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
How about some M55's for a visit? I know he'll be happy to hear them. Quick question I'm not sure about the answer to. Is the building inspector allowed on private property without warrant? Maybe someone else has better knowledge about this.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
How about some M55's for a visit? I know he'll be happy to hear them. Quick question I'm not sure about the answer to. Is the building inspector allowed on private property without warrant? Maybe someone else has better knowledge about this.[/QUOTE

If there is a complaint it gives him the right to I guess?

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
James.....not trying to hijack..how you like the M55's....you keepin them on the car?

I can't believe it, Ian. But I actually found an exhaust that is too loud for me. They sound great, but too much. I have a couple videos I'll post up later when I get to my house.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
dude, the building inspector in lowell is total douchebag. ive heard from multiple sources that theres numerous FBI investigations on him right now because he's been on a huge power trip recently. i live with a few other guys in one of the andover street mansions and the building inspector walked straight into our house without knocking and starting looking through our mail trying to figure out who lived there. my room mate called him after this happened and asked him on whos authority he walked into our living room and started looking through our mail and he said if we had a problem to call the cops. i would love to give that asshole a swift kick to the balls. the mayor of lowell is also a douche. he walks his dog by our house every day and one week he noticed our grass was a little long and started giving my room mate (who's a prison gaurd and was in full uniform with his gun on his hip) a hard time, acting like we're a bunch of scumbags because our grass was a couple centimeters too long. i mean, we do live in belvidere but still, i think lowell has a few problems that are more serious than our goddam grass being too long. i cant wait to get out of lowell.:bash:

Last edited:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Tell people they can't use their lawn mowers, weedwackers, snow blowers, hoses... it makes too much NOISE. Our neighbors came to our door and asked if we feed the birds something to make them louder... She was serious about it. She should have been drop kicked on the spot.

Users who are viewing this thread