I got called out by an STi

Should I run the STI if so for how much?

• Run the STI for $150...

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Talk him down to a lower price > $150

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dont run him at all...

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Find out his mods, then consider to run him...

Votes: 41 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svtcobra2k3

Established Member
If the STI dumps the clutch at 6K from a dig then you will be playing catch. If you go from a roll, 40 - 120 you will probably win if the STI is stock. Seeing as how you just have an exhaust you're probably pushing about 400RWHP or maybe even less. Don't take your chances, the STI has obviously got something done to want to race you for $150.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I wouldn't run the guy for money - what for? Oddly I was lined up with an STi at one of the drag strips and the guy refused to run me (this is when I used to run 12.7's with a catback and intake on stock tires). He said he didn't want to get beat and it wasn't a fair race. He was running high 13's, so if you can launch your car and have enough time to run it out, then you will win if he is stock.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Honesty comes down to his mods..he knows yours..now..you have to find his out.

Crazy01Cobra

Established Member
Ok well we need more info. First off what year is the STI?? If it is a new one they are running 13.0 in the quarter with a good driver, guessing that he wants to race for money then he should be a good driver or a big idiot. A termi is running that with a good launch and not so quick shifts. Your sig says a good driver so lets say you can run your car in 12.5-6 range given your exhaust. So that gives him about .4 to make up if he is a good driver. To do that he needs to open up some airflow and exhaust and I believe he will be right there with you. Anything more then the exhaust and intake, such as extra boost, then he will have you, and extra boost is not hard to come by. Anyways good luck and let us know what happens.

97SilverGS-T

Established Member
lol some of you are total morons. For example 97SilverGS-T is a great example of a moron. He asked for advice, I wouldnt say a terminator owner is fearing and STI.

Then he wouldn't be posting this thread asking what he should do...He's asking because he clearly stated he doesn't want to lose $150, which means he's scared to run the STI.

It's funny that roll racing is even brought up though, only when it has to do with AWD. Otherwise all the retards hop on the "roll's are for bakery's" bandwagon...

It's probably just a POS 4 banger with a fart can anyway right? :lol1:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
lol some of you are total morons. For example 97SilverGS-T is a great example of a moron. He asked for advice, I wouldnt say a terminator owner is fearing and STI.

I would say that this terminator owner is definately scared shitless of this sti or he would not have even started this thread.....

Even if the cobra were able to beat this Sti, RedfireVNM would prolly miss all his shifts because hes so scared and nervous.....

who called him out? I mean someone on the boards or what? This just some random ricer in an Sti off the street then why didnt you already run him? I bet if you turn down his $150 offer, follow him as he drives away, then pull up beside him I bet he'll race you. Unless hes a complete poosie.....:lol:

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
I would say that this terminator owner is definately scared shitless of this sti or he would not have even started this thread.....

Even if the cobra were able to beat this Sti, RedfireVNM would prolly miss all his shifts because hes so scared and nervous.....

who called him out? I mean someone on the boards or what? This just some random ricer in an Sti off the street then why didnt you already run him? I bet if you turn down his $150 offer, follow him as he drives away, then pull up beside him I bet he'll race you. Unless hes a complete poosie.....:lol:

dude, who are you to tell me that im scared and shit? My buddy calls me up, tells me he has a friend with an STI that wants to run...I ask the guys that know best (You guys, well minus your gay ass) to see what I should do...sorry, ill make sure to never ask anything again :bored:

SLVRF16

Established Member
:-D

I tell you what. You are in Ventura County and I'm in Woodland Hills. Set the date to run this cat on Saturday. PM me and I'll meet you guys at the run site. I'll bring my camera. BEFORE you run him, let me look under his hood and I can tell you whether you should run him or not. Just don't blame me if I say run him cause he doesn't have much on the car and you lose!! :eek:

I'll be waiting for your reply!

-M

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
dude, who are you to tell me that im scared and shit? My buddy calls me up, tells me he has a friend with an STI that wants to run...I ask the guys that know best (You guys, well minus your gay ass) to see what I should do...sorry, ill make sure to never ask anything again :bored:

didnt you know.....cobra > sti.......:shrug::bored:

C O B R A

Fuel This Fire
Established Member
Huntington Long Island, NY ( August 2008 )
I wouldnt say he is scared. He asked a question get off his back. Like he said he doesnt know what the mods are. Its real smart to race someone for $150 on something that so many things can go wrong with. Missing a shift can happen to anyone and thats all what it takes sometimes to loose a race. I know I wouldnt race anyone for money unless I had a look under their hood and a knowledge of their mods. Vnm no prob bro, anytime.

snake134

If the STI dumps the clutch at 6K from a dig then you will be playing catch. If you go from a roll, 40 - 120 you will probably win if the STI is stock. Seeing as how you just have an exhaust you're probably pushing about 400RWHP or maybe even less. Don't take your chances, the STI has obviously got something done to want to race you for $150.

Who's seen the video of some punk kid doin 6k clutch dumps in his Sti on streetfire and ends up breaking his transmission or something

Mika

Established Member
Stock for stock the STi will trap probably 8-10 mph lower(104-106) in the 1/4. If I had to guess, I think the STi would have a bigger turbo. Catback/tune on an STi=12.5-12.8 with a good driver. That's stock for a Cobra(given a good driver).

Mika

CobraRyan

Banned
I pulled on an exhaust only 06 STI once from a roll where i ass raped him. Then he thought he was going to destroy me from a dig by bouncing off the rev limiter. Back then my only mod was a set of Nitto 555r Drag Radials which led me to owning him out of the hole and him making a u-turn as soon as he could.

Users who are viewing this thread