I got called out by an STi

Should I run the STI if so for how much?

• Run the STI for $150...

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Talk him down to a lower price > $150

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Dont run him at all...

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Find out his mods, then consider to run him...

Votes: 41 73.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
Hey guys...Ill get right to the point. I have a 2003 Cobra with the Bolra Stingers and thats it for now...This guy hit up one of my friends to see if I wanted his 04 STi...as of right now I dont know what he has done to it but I know he wanted to run for some money...My buddy told me he wanted to run for like $150 which is too much for me and has me thinking a couple things. First off if you offer $150 to run a cobra in a STi its OBVIOUSLY got something done to it so when and IF he says, "no dude, its just stock" ill slap him in the face and walk away...Secondly why do people not run for fun anymore??? Anyways, what do you guys think I should do?

Last edited:

CobraRyan

Banned
The launch is all the sti has...Sti's are very slow in the areas that the cobras shine like 80-130...From any ROLL you should pull on a sti even if its modded. (As long as its not a gt35r) If you are on F1's dont run him from a dig unless you know for sure that he is bonestock, and if you do happen to run him from a dig and get beat, ask him to go from a 1st gear roll.

C O B R A

Fuel This Fire
Established Member
Huntington Long Island, NY ( August 2008 )
Get his list of mods... doing a run for fun to see what his car has...you know he will hold back. At least with a list of mods you can see best case and worts case scenarios. To those that said man up ...tell them sure you will once they give you the $150 to race em.

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
when i just had intake/exhaust and a set of DR'si had no issues slapping around a few STi's from a dig. at the top of second they where allready behind me and they where not stock.

97SilverGS-T

Established Member
A Terminator has had fear struck in him from a 4 banger turbo?....:shrug:

"Don't run him from a dig" is even being spat out...wow

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
If he's stock you will have no probs.....most STI drivers already know this so it's likely he's not stock. Get a pulley and tune if you're that worried about it. I wouldn't run for $ either way. Run him for the fun of it.

I've run stock Evo's and STI's in the Mach with no issues so the Term shouldn't be a problem at all.

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Man up and run for the $150, I await the results :lol1:

Why the **** would anybody run for money? Thats just so freakin idiotic its unbelievable. I cant even believe this thread even exists......People who run for money are nothing but nasty garbage that gets stuck in sewer drains when it rains.....

People who ask to run for money are one thing, but to actually accept the offer makes it even worse. Normal people around here dont run for money because it leads to nothing but a negative outcomes. Either someone doesnt pay or argues about what happened. So many people have been hurt or even killed because someone got pissed that they lost. They wanna argue about mods to the car, if theres a bottle in the trunk or not...BLAH BLAH BLAH!!! Run what you frickin brung!!! And do it for kicks!!! Your supposed to be having fun in your car and not arguing about everything under the sun because you want a little money....

Dude if I were you I would be offended as hell if this guy asked me to run for $150. Actually id prolly kick his ass if he pushed it too. I just hate these scumbags out there trying to take peoples hard earned money by trying to prey on cars that they pretty much know wont beat it....I would have told that loser to hit the curb as soon as he asked me about it.....This would never had made it to any poll....This isnt even a question you should be asking other people about. Everyone has their own opinion so if you think you need to race this guy to keep yourself from looking bad then your priorities are waay out of order......tell him to **** off unless he wants to run it like a real man.....:nonono:

RedfireVNM

Established Member
+1 this thread is just......OMG:nonono:

A stock Sti would be KILLED by a stock cobra from a dig with any kind of a decent driver.....

Why dont you take the time to read my thread moron...I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE HAS DONE...If you dont like it then please dont come in here and post

RedfireVNM

Established Member
thank you C O B R A, some of these tools just dont understand that I was asking for advice or input on the situation...If I randomly saw an STI, EVO, or anything else on the freeway you bet your lil arse that id race him...

Users who are viewing this thread