I Found it Interesing Yesterday

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Whats been interesting is seeing all the older guys that have been on for a while change their rides. Im talking the original Lightning and Terminator folks that, over the years, have moved on to other SVT cars and even other brands. Different avenues of performance, yet all return here to SVTP. Speaks volumes about the group of people here. Bad apples to be found from time to time sure, but never any issues.

All the mods on here here are first class. I could give a flying **** less if there is a profanity filter. I can still say shit and most can figure out my use of a **** bomb even when it looks *****. Insane wealth of knowledge here too. SVT owners and performance car owners in general have a benefit from this place being here.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm so busy at work. From '05 to September 2013 I was the junior member of a two man team. A lot of work, but very little admin stuff on my plate. I could always get on and mess around for a bit.

In February 2014 I got my own facility, now I'm the senior guy, and the only guy, in my particular specialty. Now I've got all the work and all the admin/soul-sucking admin BS, too. I still have trouble believing how my whole day can be spent at my desk, never even touching a screwdriver, and i literally cannot count the number of phone calls I have to make. On the plus side, though, it was all a pretty darn good promotion and I'm doing a lot better, now, in terms of pay.

I still see a lot of stuff I'd like to post, but have no time to research it, and it'd be little more than reading headlines.

Still love my job, overall. It's how I FINALLY got my '03 Cobra. But I do miss the days, sometimes, when I wasn't in charge and got to turn wrenches a lot more.

nxhappy

Established Member
people probably just searching for a quick answer about a mechanical issue ?

newbie1276

Established Member
I am on the site everyday sometime multiple times per day depending on the workload I have. I don't post much other than the usual colt state park thread every summer.
However I couldn't go one day without catching up with you characters.. I have been here forever and have got some great info and good laughs. So cheers to everyone and here's to many years to come

blubyu87gt

Established Member
I was looking for a previous banned member, and looked high and low. I did find a new avenue to search from on this new platform. While looking for said member, I came across all the recent log ins. What I found interesting was how many guys who joined way back log in almost daily, yet never post. I'm talking 2002 and up. Why so intimidated to post? I also saw stuff from a different search as how many have joined and never came back to even look. So many joined on a certain date and never came back even a hour later. Was it a game back then to see how many sites you could join?
Because they want access to view the politics section!! That can be a damn entertaining rabit hole to go down lol

Really though, can you see the means of login? Like Tapatalk, browser, or app? Maybe auto login function when they open an app and get the feed?

To be quite honest with you, I used to share I'm a little of the trepidation to post because some of the diehard gearheads knew so much more than me. Got to a point where I felt that my questions were stupid, so I wouldn't bother posting them. I would just read and search...
I would also see threads (either this forum or others) where someone asks a question the answers are "USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!". That's what would generally keep me from asking. Either because I found my answer via searching or because I figure that the question has been asked and I am just not looking in the right way. So I move to Google. If that doesn't work I go to Tequila and the tried and true BFH mod.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Visit daily, post when I have something to add to a topic.
Mostly GT500 forums & new posts.
Not the only site I post on.
Enjoy the OP's " old comments "..

spectreman

Established Member
I belong to a number of Stang and bike sites. But as I've aged, I've primarily become a lurker on most of them & don't post often. Frankly, I've come to the realization that everyone has an opinion or idiotic comment on just about every thread and I don't feel the need to add to the mess.

I do enjoy this Stang site, tho, and check in at least once a day. It's far more entertaining and informative than most of the Stang sites I belong to. Some of them are barely breathing, others filled w/children, other with oversight that borders on tyranny, and others are just boring.
Lee

Troponin

Established Member
My brother-in-law is a member here and I don't believe he posts hardly at all, if ever. He simply likes to read posts but never has the urge to make a reply or add anything. He is like that on social media as well. I just think it's part of his personality.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I don't post as much anymore due to my "thin skin" condition.:(

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I used to only lurk. Cause any question I had I could find already answered on here. Now i'm fairly active in general group discussions. I find it fun. This is the most diverse forum I've ever been on. How many forums can you go on and ask questions about cars and talk about your love life or your shitty financial situation?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I used to only lurk. Cause any question I had I could find already answered on here. Now i'm fairly active in general group discussions. I find it fun. This is the most diverse forum I've ever been on. How many forums can you go on and ask questions about cars and talk about your love life or your shitty financial situation?
Bingo

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Brad, just out of curiosity, if I check the 'Keep Me Logged In' box and log in, does the system show me as logged in until and if I actually log out, or does the system know when I close the browser tab (effectively leaving the site). This stuff interests me my friend. LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, your post really illustrates how different this forum is from most of the others. I was a member of a Mini Cooper forum when I had my Mini, and was very active. But no matter how active I was, I never felt comfortable talking about subjects that were somewhat personal. Just never felt any "family/friend' vibe. Here, it's very, very different. We can all thank Travis, Brad, and the mods and our members for creating such a great forum environment.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
It's something about the new site that runs slower, but maybe its just me. I just ran a speed test on my laptop ( which is hardwired) I got a 93.32 down, and a 10.81 up and it seems this site loads the slowest out of a few I go on.

Are there options I can do to get it load faster? I already have adblock

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Don't log out, and you don't have to worry about how many times you log in.
LOL
If I stay logged in for a long period of time, does it not kick you offline if you are not viewing/posting on the site after so many minutes?

Users who are viewing this thread