I finally did it .

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
How his car is paid for is his business!! Why do folks have such a hard time being happy for others?
Marc is a really good guy and that's all that matters. He's reached a significant milestone in life and deserves credit for that.

:beer:

now everyone shut the **** up and stop caring how who paid for what

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
congrats man i graduated a week or so ago it was nice. and to all the people bagging on him cuz he has an 03 cobra shut up, maybe he is making payments on it like i am on my 97. maybe hes not. but its not our business so just congratualte him

smokey

Established Member
Originally posted by inteller
then you are the exception not the rule.

Also, I would like to know what kind of job you have. I want to know so I can do the same thing to afford Terminator payments and insurance.

You have an SVT Focus, that's what, $20k? How did YOU pay for it? Shit, in high school I had a beater. You've gotta make a decent amount of money in HS to afford a $20k car...

Leave the guy alone, who cares how he paid for it?

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Its more than possible To have a 30K + car just out of highschool I got my first c5 vert It was 28k when i was 18 I paid cash for it. It adds quick when you live at home and you make decent money

Last edited:

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by waytofastvette
Its more than possible To have a 30K + car just out of highschool I got my first c5 vert It was 28k when i was 18 I paid cash for it. It adds quick when you live at home and you make decent money

What he really meant to say was.....

Because I "work" for the family business I am able to get much more $ than a normal high schooler and, therefore, I got to buy a C5 Corvette! :D

Since when did the real world turn into an episode of Beverly Hills 90210? :rollseyes

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by LT1Z28

Because I "work" for the family business I am able to get much more $ than a normal high schooler and, therefore, I got to buy a C5 Corvette! :D

Since when did the real world turn into an episode of Beverly Hills 90210? :rollseyes

Who did you vote for in the last election ?

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Someone pull the

smokey

Established Member
Originally posted by waytofastvette

I guess...hey, I'm not talking trash, I say to each his own. On one hand, if my parents could have bought me a $30k car out of high school, at that time I'm sure I would have taken it no questions asked. On the other hand, being that hindsight is 20/20, I would never have wanted to have a car given to me now that I think about it. It just makes me appreciate all my hard work that much more. That's purely personal of course.

I didn't have the opportunity to work 40 hours a week in HS anyway. I played sports which constituted 60+ hours a week of my life. I traveled on weekends for tournaments. In all reality, I was only able to work 10-20hours per week..which I did from age 14 on. So my weeks were loaded.

I had the chance to have a $25-30k car out of HS. IF I would have taken an athletic scholarship to play sports, I would have had that car, whatever I wanted. But I decided that sports was not going to be my life so I went to the best school I got into, which was a D3 school (no athletic scholarships) and I've never looked back.

Anyway, none of us really have the right to judge this kid. Whether he got his car because of his parents or because he worked hard - more power to him in the end.

inteller

Established Member
I don't think any of us here are arguing against the fact he has a Cobra. I think a lot of us share the opinion that you have more respect and care for your car if you earn it with good, hard, honest work instead of being fed with a silver spoon, or getting "work allowances" We have armies of young punks around here sportin new lightnings and cobras (among other cars) and they never worked a day in their lives. That's why i mentioned he would be the exception and not the rule.

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by LT1Z28

Are you illiterate?

LocoGT

Banned
I don't think any of us here are arguing against the fact he has a Cobra. I think a lot of us share the opinion that you have more respect and care for your car if you earn it with good, hard, honest work instead of being fed with a silver spoon, or getting "work allowances" We have armies of young punks around here sportin new lightnings and cobras (among other cars) and they never worked a day in their lives. That's why i mentioned he would be the exception and not the rule.
DING DING DING

smokey

Established Member

Well, you said you were still in HS. How can you afford the payments and insurance on a $20k car? Just curious...

Users who are viewing this thread