I didn’t think it could get worse but I was wrong .

BCICAN

Established Member
Don't ever assume, I've learned that lesson the hard way one to many times. Ask if one was performed and what were the results.
Thanks ,

You’re right . I will ask them again when I get the chance.

MG0h3

Established Member
Really wish you’d check your TB or swap a known good one in.

I never looked at codes during the two failures I had but dead pedal along with misfire and every MIL possible.

Abs
Traction control
Tow disabled

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BCICAN

Established Member
Thanks,

They have told me that they checked the TB but I will check it again myself.

44shelby

Established Member
BJ tried calling once and I kept missing the call because kids were making things difficult , but at this point I’m thinking it is going to need a hands on diagnosis and he is in a different state than me :(
I don’t doubt Hpp will be able to figure it I have tried other places close by and they say they can’t do it but ask if I have talked to manny at Hpp lol but if I can figure it out and do it myself before Jan that’s great lol
I doubt it needs to go to shop it is probably something stupid and it literally take maybe 20 minutes to do a datalog. [email protected] just email that address and ask for the datalog parameters. It comes with all the instructions and take no time to do.

It doesn't get any easier than that.

BCICAN

Established Member
Ok so this morning it went into limp , the neighbors probably heard the bad words that I was yelling lol .I know I am going to need to buy more tools ( wish I still had that 1300 I paid the last idiot) and was going to do that till this happened so I called another shop with good reviews. Of course he said he was booked too until Wednesday but he asked what was going on and I told him .he said he can’t look now but try touching the battery cables together . I told him I had already unhooked the battery and all it did was cause me to have to reset the radio but he said touching battery cables together will reset it . I can do that but wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts are because I don’t want to freaking blow something up

44shelby

Established Member
Ok so this morning it went into limp , the neighbors probably heard the bad words that I was yelling lol .I know I am going to need to buy more tools ( wish I still had that 1300 I paid the last idiot) and was going to do that till this happened so I called another shop with good reviews. Of course he said he was booked too until Wednesday but he asked what was going on and I told him .he said he can’t look now but try touching the battery cables together . I told him I had already unhooked the battery and all it did was cause me to have to reset the radio but he said touching battery cables together will reset it . I can do that but wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts are because I don’t want to freaking blow something up

You are a dense individual... That is my thought on this now.

I literally told you exactly what to do.

BCICAN

Established Member
You are a dense individual... That is my thought on this now.

I literally told you exactly what to do.
the only explanation I can think of for your response is that you must have not read my previous comments. If you did read the previous comments and you still had this response I don’t know what else to say lol

MG0h3

Established Member
You’re only going to be able to test for a failure while it’s occurring.

The moment you cycle the key and lost the CEL and it’s out of limp mode, the failure is no longer occurring.

Testing all those components when it’s not failing is a waste of time and your money. They should have told you that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

The moment you cycle the key and lost the CEL and it’s out of limp mode, the failure is no longer occurring.

Testing all those components when it’s not failing is a waste of time and your money. They should have told you that.

This

Which is why trying a known good TB is a good idea

BCICAN

Established Member

Thanks,

They did tell me that and I do. The first OBD reader I got was a motopower and it showed me nothing . So I got the wireless OBDlink mdx + which allows me to wirelessly connect my phone to the car. It also does not drain battery so I just leave it plugged in and when the car goes in limp or starts acting weird I pull over and scan it .
All the scans I have shown you guys is after I have done that. In the first scans I was doing it was showing the p0297 and it was the one that was confusing and everyone thought it might be linked to the issues . I would clear it and then it would come back but then I cleared it and it wasn’t there the p0103 took its place beside the red permanent warning .ok I cleared it few times and it finally switched spots and the p0103 still there but not with the critical permanent alert beside it now it has the p0300 with the permanent warning beside it BUT then today when it went into limp with the wrench light the p0300 still had the permanent warning beside it but the p0103 permanent warning was there too . I have been trying to do the things you guys have suggested and was literally on my way to go buy what I needed to do compression test and what I needed for the cylinder balance test like was suggested too when the car went into limp. Was also going to try to check the other parts the scan said too but the engine was still too hot so I will do it tomorrow.

You

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks,

They did tell me that and I do. The first OBD reader I got was a motopower and it showed me nothing . So I got the wireless OBDlink mdx + which allows me to wirelessly connect my phone to the car. It also does not drain battery so I just leave it plugged in and when the car goes in limp or starts acting weird I pull over and scan it .
All the scans I have shown you guys is after I have done that. In the first scans I was doing it was showing the p0297 and it was the one that was confusing and everyone thought it might be linked to the issues . I would clear it and then it would come back but then I cleared it and it wasn’t there the p0103 took its place beside the red permanent warning .ok I cleared it few times and it finally switched spots and the p0103 still there but not with the critical permanent alert beside it now it has the p0300 with the permanent warning beside it BUT then today when it went into limp with the wrench light the p0300 still had the permanent warning beside it but the p0103 permanent warning was there too . I have been trying to do the things you guys have suggested and was literally on my way to go buy what I needed to do compression test and what I needed for the cylinder balance test like was suggested too when the car went into limp. Was also going to try to check the other parts the scan said too but the engine was still too hot so I will do it tomorrow.

You

I may have missed it - what are those codes in this post?

Also some of the auto parts stores have compression tester kits in the loaner program so it doesn’t cost you anything

BCICAN

Established Member
I may have missed it - what are those codes in this post?

Also some of the auto parts stores have compression tester kits in the loaner program so it doesn’t cost you anything
Thanks,

I will see if I can rent one .
The problem is the codes seem so random and change . Now the permanent codes are the p0300 and p0103 . In the past a couple of the really random codes were one for the transmission and I know there is nothing wrong with the trans and even one for the the restraints so it is behind frustrating. l Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment but I started the car a little bit ago to see if the wrench light was still there and the wrench light is gone but it still had the p0103 and p0300 code that I couldn’t get to clear . It also acted like it wanted to die when at idol . I will try and see what I can get done tomorrow

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Thanks,

I will see if I can rent one .
The problem is the codes seem so random and change . Now the permanent codes are the p0300 and p0103 . In the past a couple of the really random codes were one for the transmission and I know there is nothing wrong with the trans and even one for the the restraints so it is behind frustrating. l Maybe I’m a glutton for punishment but I started the car a little bit ago to see if the wrench light was still there and the wrench light is gone but it still had the p0103 and p0300 code that I couldn’t get to clear . It also acted like it wanted to die when at idol . I will try and see what I can get done tomorrow
I still have the Ford throttle body that came with my VMP 2.3. I used it for a couple years then switched to the VMP twinjet. I'm in NRH and I work in Carrollton I can let you use it so you can eliminate the possible bad throttle body.

BCICAN

Established Member
I still have the Ford throttle body that came with my VMP 2.3. I used it for a couple years then switched to the VMP twinjet. I'm in NRH and I work in Carrollton I can let you use it so you can eliminate the possible bad throttle body.
Great ! thank you so much I will try that I’m not far we live V.O.Ws so I can come get it from you

BCICAN

Established Member
Everyday I tell myself “yep this is the day ! I know it One of you guys is going to tell me oh yes I know what that is it’s an easy fix then I’ll put a bow on it and live happily ever after and not have to think about his nightmare ever again the end “ haha I wish . It started out as a joke but at this point I’m beginning to wonder if the joke really is true and the constant nagging from my spouse really is like a drill boring a hole in my brain. So if lm ever grumpy for no reason please give me a break and know I have to hear them tell me stop talking about the shitstang and get a Corolla yes my spouse really said that .
anyway that leads me to my theory I welcome you guy to tell me I’m wrong I can take it remember I’m a super nag survivor. Given the cars history of so many emissions issues would the possibility of a small air leak be feasible considering the history and codes the car is getting ? And the obvious incompetence of Ford service ?
This is the history I was able to find and verify below
The car is a 2013 built October 2012 but got it myself in March of 2013 it had 1400 miles

November 2014 I took car to Five star ford because of failed emissions inspection there were other failed inspections before this but couldn’t find them

April 2016 car failed emissions inspection again Five star ford said o2 pods not switching properly TEC was told by FMC rep to replace all 4 o2

November 2017 took to Grapevine ford because of failed emission inspection Grapevine does said 3 obd2 min not completed it Needs to be driven

May 2018 five star ford car fail emissions will not close o2 cat and O2 slow to respond

May 2018 five star ford put exhaust on wrong

April 2019 complained to Grapevine ford about issues that car was having and they blew me off and just put in zak oil conditioner in the car ?

Ford should have listened because
November 2019 lone star elite automotive repaired P0456 evap purge valve after it gave up.
The issues it has now maybe essentially started in may

I try to keep records and There have been more failed emissions and issues like these but sadly I can’t find those because spouse in their ultimate wisdom lol threw them away because they either didn’t notice what it was or understand what it was .
I got the car when it was 5 months old and only had 1400 miles on it . Was told the owner traded for a vet . The issues started when it had 2500 miles
That said
Last night
Spouse in their l overconfidence about the knowledge they don’t have lol decided they know best and have been contacting a “highly rated ford service “ luckily they had included me in the group email and had planned everything for a car they obviously don’t understand. Think they were proud of themselves when ford emailed back and said yes bring in in Monday and then we will find someone to work on it . Hahaha
I emailed back and let them know the information. Spouse obviously had not shared or even understood. I told them there is no reason for the car to sit and wait for them to find someone ,if they find someone who knows that stuff to let me know but I have already talked to Hpp and they are aware of the issue I am just waiting till they have time to get my car in . Luckily they didn’t call me I don’t know if it’s because they realized they can’t do it or because they realized spouse has no clue wtf is going on and they didn’t want to deal with that headache .
***SHIFTYBUISNESS **has also let me borrow his TB
What does everyone think ?

BCICAN

Established Member
Thanks,

You can doubt me lol i doubt myself haha . I will do that too I have already been trying to check the wires and other things incase something got disconnected.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
With so many different codes showing up intermittently, it sure sound like a poor power or more like a bad ground issue to me. They can be difficult to find some times

Users who are viewing this thread