I didn’t think it could get worse but I was wrong .

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, I thought about that but thought it might be better to switch to a new thread since things are different to keep it from getting too cluttered ? Maybe I was wrong
id suggest keeping it all together and just adding info. Now you're going to have info scattered around multiple threads which makes it hard to keep up with and someone might miss a common link that could help

MG0h3

Established Member
I don’t recall seeing the MAF codes in the first thread. Weird that they swapped to the stock maf and there’s tons of them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BCICAN

Established Member
I don’t recall seeing the MAF codes in the first thread. Weird that they swapped to the stock maf and there’s tons of them.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Thanks ,
They haven’t done anything with the MAF other than check it that they have told me . I have gotten MAF codes from the start the place that sent me to Trifosi said he saw the code when he ran the scan . Manny at Hpp said those codes aren’t what is causing the issues he was hoping to get more of an idea when I caught the code when it went into limp but it didn’t show me anything different. The car will run great for a while till it flakes out all of a sudden. It is confusing everyone

BCICAN

Established Member
id suggest keeping it all together and just adding info. Now you're going to have info scattered around multiple threads which makes it hard to keep up with and someone might miss a common link that could help
Thanks ,
I should have done that will keep the rest here

BCICAN

Established Member
To confirm--stock tune is now in the car? Pulley removed? Stock throttle body? Stock mass air and intake tract?

Tom

Sorry it took so long daughter was sick
Yes the stock tune and the original CAI are back on the car. . That’s the only thing I had done to the car other than the axel back exhaust.

BCICAN

Established Member
you ever get this sorted out?
Not yet . Daughter has been sick so it hasn’t been a priority the last few days . I will not be able to get the car back to Hpp until Jan 16 because they are understandably busy . I have been trying to think what it could be myself and asking you guys it’s confusing everyone

BCICAN

Established Member
Ok I pulled this with the obd yesterday the one screen shot is in 3 parts because I don’t see an option to print it out . I have been clearing the code when it starts acting up . It will be fine then it will start again with the exhaust popping and acting weird then the check engine light will come on but it hasn’t gone into limp for a while . I also noticed reduced power yesterday too but me noticing the reduction in power also be partly because of the removal of the steeda CAI and reinstall of original CAI that took some HP away.

Attachments

• 2DCCFA4D-94ED-442E-8555-C228B573E1AE.png
    2DCCFA4D-94ED-442E-8555-C228B573E1AE.png
    257 KB · Views: 77
  • 30F83B78-95DA-4AF2-957A-4927EEF97250.png
    30F83B78-95DA-4AF2-957A-4927EEF97250.png
    266.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DD1574AA-BD79-4362-A827-F98F2B3D498D.png
    DD1574AA-BD79-4362-A827-F98F2B3D498D.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 75
  • E8593933-EEC6-4D72-983C-5BA336B8CA57.png
    E8593933-EEC6-4D72-983C-5BA336B8CA57.png
    278.8 KB · Views: 65

BCICAN

Established Member
Could it be bad fuel causing a misfire or bad spark plugs
Thanks ,
The fuel being bad is doubtful I get gas at QT or Costco because they have top tier and they are too busy to have old gas.
The plugs have been checked Hpp checked them the last time I was there too

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks ,
The fuel being bad is doubtful I get gas at QT or Costco because they have top tier and they are too busy to have old gas.
The plugs have been checked Hpp checked them the last time I was there too
Maybe I completely missed it, but have you done a compression test? Or a cylinder balance test.

44shelby

Established Member
Well instead of everyone just guessing. I would buy a set of spark plugs and hook the sct up to it and take a datalog. Any of the big tuners will look at the log for minimum money. Personally I like Bj Mcarty but that is my preference. No reason to wait til january. Bj could take car of this for you next week easily.

BCICAN

Established Member
Well instead of everyone just guessing. I would buy a set of spark plugs and hook the sct up to it and take a datalog. Any of the big tuners will look at the log for minimum money. Personally I like Bj Mcarty but that is my preference. No reason to wait til january. Bj could take car of this for you next week easily.
BJ tried calling once and I kept missing the call because kids were making things difficult , but at this point I’m thinking it is going to need a hands on diagnosis and he is in a different state than me :(
I don’t doubt Hpp will be able to figure it I have tried other places close by and they say they can’t do it but ask if I have talked to manny at Hpp lol but if I can figure it out and do it myself before Jan that’s great lol

Last edited:

BCICAN

Established Member
@gimmie11s asks an important and common sense question. If you HAVEN'T done what's been suggested in your threads, make a complete list of them, from the threads. Sort by degree of difficulty. Then go through them one at a time. If you can somehow enlist the assist of a Mustang savvy friend, that would of course help. Leave no stone unturned! The things that you cannot do yourself that remain, those could be addressed by a competent shop or the trusted dealer.
Thanks
thats what I’m trying to do .
sadly a competent shop has been hard to find and the ones who are competent are busy

BCICAN

Established Member
Usually these things end up being something very stupid that was overlooked. Hopefully you figure it out sooner than later
Thanks ,
That’s what I’m thinking and hoping too .It seems crazy to me that it has been this hard for everyone to figure out. School has always been easy for me so desperation has even pushed me to the extent of signing up for online automotive eng class in hopes of getting some ideas that I haven’t thought of lol lol lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread