• Demon

Votes: 60 81.1%
  • 03cobra#694 Jacked up the Poll trying to learn stuff

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

badmpg03

Established Member
A roll would leave him fairing even worse IMO. OP just isn't at the Demon level. Period.

Agree with you cars are not on the same level, but I would still do a roll if given the choice.
Thinking that the Demon gets outta the hole harder than any RWD street car out there with trans brake/launch control suspension settings/Slicks &skinnies....You aren't fighting that from the start if going from a roll.

Not that it compares but I typically got beat by a modded Auto Hellcat from a dig, but pulled him a car or so from a roll (when my car was running...and before it got heat soaked :)). I'm not slamming gears to no tomorrow either though.

HiPlains

Established Member
Looks like Hellcats are laying down in the 640-670 rwhp range depending on dyno, correction, da, temps, fuel ect ect. So 707 rated And a Demon is rated at another 133hp over that.

So let's go conservative. Let's say hellcat Challenger X puts down 630 to the wheels on a DynoJet, that is 11% loss through the drivetrain. Apply that to 840 crank hp Demon and we get 747 rwhp Demon.

If we estimate he needs approx 10hp for every 100lbs you make up on him, that means he needs 78rwhp on you to offset the 780 lbs of weight difference... Well then, he's got that, and 69rwhp more.

Your math makes sense....difference is 69rwhp adjust for weight. I guess the question is, has anyone here won out with a 69rwhp handicap ?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Your math makes sense....difference is 69rwhp adjust for weight. I guess the question is, has anyone here won out with a 69rwhp handicap ?

Factor in the A8, transbrake, and suspension. The A8 is much more efficient than any of us banging gears. I believe I read 1st gear final drive ratio is 10 to 1.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I guess the question is, has anyone here won out with a 69rwhp handicap ?

That's a good amount to overcome. From a dig it might come down to the driver. We know the Challenger can put power to the ground based on it's 0-60 times, only if the driver knows how to do it of course. If you're roll racing I feel like when the cars are already in motion (where hp advantage really comes into play anyway) the heavier weight is less of a disadvantage.

HiPlains

Established Member
Moderator - go ahead and shut down this thread. I obviously struck a nerve with some folks. Nobody's run a Demon, and I highly doubt I ever will.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Moderator - go ahead and shut down this thread. I obviously struck a nerve with some folks. Nobody's run a Demon, and I highly doubt I ever will.
The Demon cars aren't out and about yet. I don't know when production starts, but I think it's soon.
And, I'm sure people will be running them at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread