Votes: 60 81.1%
  • 03cobra#694 Jacked up the Poll trying to learn stuff

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HiPlains

Established Member
Sounds like you've got a great ride OP.

However, dyno numbers won't mean much. The Demon is already proving to be an easy 9 second car from the factory. Your car, being as modded as it is, will require more fine tuning and dialing-in in order to get to a point where you can start to even come close.

The Demon is a purpose built drag car that is legal for street driving. It is a beast.

You will probably need to make over 750 RWHP and have the car dialed in near perfectly and be able to drive the piss out of the car to keep up with the Demon.
Thanks...yeah, 9 seconds is crazy. I could never go back to automatic though.

BTW, I added my mods to my signature...how do I get it to show up in my posts ?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It only shows up the first post per page...hence, above.

What have you ran in the 1/4?

HiPlains

Established Member
I bought the car last year and it's been going through this rebuild since. I haven't ran it yet....prior owner did few years ago ...ran 11.23 (I know). The motor had issues though - misfiring, stalling, bad valves, major blow-by...terrible tune.

The motor is getting a complete rebuild after I blew the passenger side head to pieces 2 months after buying. Heads and valvetrain by Fox Lake, bottom end, timing chain, cams. you name it...it should be done and tuned by June 1st.

Then, we may look into E85 conversion next year. Although, no sure if this block will handle over 700rwhp.

The jury is out on 1/4 time.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I honestly feel like my old Coyote on a 100 shot would have been a really good race for your car, and at that point I wouldn't have thought about picking a fight with a Demon. Heck, even on a 150 shot I was probably just inside Hellcat territory.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Looks like Hellcats are laying down in the 640-670 rwhp range depending on dyno, correction, da, temps, fuel ect ect. So 707 rated And a Demon is rated at another 133hp over that.

So let's go conservative. Let's say hellcat Challenger X puts down 630 to the wheels on a DynoJet, that is 11% loss through the drivetrain. Apply that to 840 crank hp Demon and we get 747 rwhp Demon.

If we estimate he needs approx 10hp for every 100lbs you make up on him, that means he needs 78rwhp on you to offset the 780 lbs of weight difference... Well then, he's got that, and 69rwhp more.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Looks like Hellcats are laying down in the 640-670 rwhp range depending on dyno, correction, da, temps, fuel ect ect. So 707 rated And a Demon is rated at another 133hp over that.

So let's go conservative. Let's say hellcat Challenger X puts down 640 to the wheels on a DynoJet, that is 11% loss through the drivetrain. Apply that to 840 crank hp Demon and we get 747 rwhp Demon.

If we estimate he needs approx 10hp for every 100lbs you make up on him, that means he needs 78rwhp on you to offset the 780 lbs of weight difference... Well then, he's got that, and 69rwhp more.

And an A8. How will any T45 handle 650-700 rhwp?

StrayBullitt

Established Member
How will any T45 handle 650-700 rhwp?

upload_2017-5-10_9-1-20.png

....??

badmpg03

Established Member
There was a video showing the demon running 9.6 @140mph.
What you think you trap in 1/4 mile? 130-135mph with 600whp at that weight?
Best shot you have is probably from a roll. That demon is really setup well from a dig with the trans brake/slicks.

Also the 840hp could be underrated...just like the 03/04 - "390hp"

Kiohtee

Established Member
There was a video showing the demon running 9.6 @140mph.
What you think you trap in 1/4 mile? 130-135mph with 600whp at that weight?
Best shot you have is probably from a roll. That demon is really setup well from a dig with the trans brake/slicks.

Also the 840hp could be underrated...just like the 03/04 - "390hp"

A roll would leave him fairing even worse IMO. OP just isn't at the Demon level. Period.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is OP the only one who voted for his car in the poll? If so, ban.

Users who are viewing this thread