• Demon

Votes: 60 81.1%
  • 03cobra#694 Jacked up the Poll trying to learn stuff

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HiPlains

Established Member
The Demon, at 840 crank HP, weighs in at 4,250 lbs, while my 97 Cobra has a curb weight of 3470 and 700 crank HP. The Demon is one helluva car, but VERY heavy. The Demon has 20% more HP, but weighs 22% more......all things being equal (driver, tires, etc...), would the Cobra stand a chance ?? The numbers seem to say yes, but man, hate to admit that Dodge is pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
All I wanna know is how you've added so much weight to your car (I get that it's a convertible, but still). Are you sure you're not looking at the gross weight of the vehicle with passengers, i.e. your car shouldn't weigh more than x,xxxlbs fully loaded (passengers, cargo, etc.)?

Anyway, you'll have your hands full at the track if the Demon is properly equipped, especially since I don't see the first suspension mod in your list of parts. Even in street trim though, the Demon is gonna be a solid 135mph car, so if you don't trap that, good luck.

The weight of these things aren't really hindering them like the old school likes to believe. And the automatics of today really help these things move.

lastcall190

Established Member
I would imagine someone switched his 3 and 4 keys, because that seems insane.

HiPlains

Established Member
My bad, Cobra weighs 3470. Previously dyno 568rwhp. With new mods, expecting 600rwhp with next tune. Equates to approx. 700 hp at the crank assuming 15% drivetrain loss. Demon is 840 at the crank.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
My bad, Cobra weighs 3470. Previously dyno 568rwhp. With new mods, expecting 600rwhp with next tune. Equates to approx. 700 hp at the crank assuming 15% drivetrain loss. Demon is 840 at the crank.

what we know is a Demon is 9 second capable. Both my 09 and 12 GT500's were right at 650 to the ground. The 09 went a best of 10.71 @ 131, the 12 10.98 @ 131. My GT500's made significantly more rwhp than your Cobra, but also weigh more. I'd expect your car to run high 10's @ 127ish. Don't do it.

HiPlains

Established Member
what we know is a Demon is 9 second capable. Both my 09 and 12 GT500's were right at 650 to the ground. The 09 went a best of 10.71 @ 131, the 12 10.98 @ 131. My GT500's made significantly more rwhp than your Cobra, but also weigh more. I'd expect your car to run high 10's @ 127ish. Don't do it.
I doubt I'll ever see a Demon around here anyway.

HiPlains

Established Member
Dodge is advertising 9.85 sec in the 1/4, but I'm sure with a perfect pass and professional driver, in perfect conditions. I would think the weekend drag strip would see in the mid-10's depending on driver. Maybe higher.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Dodge is advertising 9.85 sec in the 1/4, but I'm sure with a perfect pass and professional driver, in perfect conditions. I would think the weekend drag strip would see in the mid-10's depending on driver. Maybe higher.

It's automatic. Put in D and let her rip. The only thing keeping anyone from running 9's will be DA and track prep. It's not like you or me when I had my GT500, having to get the perfect launch and bang the gears at the right time. The Demon is idiot proof.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Sounds like you've got a great ride OP.

However, dyno numbers won't mean much. The Demon is already proving to be an easy 9 second car from the factory. Your car, being as modded as it is, will require more fine tuning and dialing-in in order to get to a point where you can start to even come close.

The Demon is a purpose built drag car that is legal for street driving. It is a beast.

You will probably need to make over 750 RWHP and have the car dialed in near perfectly and be able to drive the piss out of the car to keep up with the Demon.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
The easiest way to answer your question is to take your car to the track and see what it runs. If I were to bet money right now on who'd win, I'd put my money on the Demon without hesitation.

HiPlains

Established Member
The easiest way to answer your question is to take your car to the track and see what it runs. If I were to bet money right now on who'd win, I'd put my money on the Demon without hesitation.

I would agree.....gonna look into converting to E85 and take the boost up from the current 12 psi.

Users who are viewing this thread