Hurricane Ian

_Snake_

Established Member
My mom and dad lived in Bradenton for about 40 years and based on what they had told us over the years, they were never hit by a hurricane. They used to tell us that the Sarasota and Bradenton areas were in an "alley" that for whatever reason seemed to be protected from hurricanes.

Be safe, all Floridians!

Legend has it that’s why there were so many Native American tribes in this area.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Just got back from a 5 day trip in Florida in the cone area, glad i went last week and not this week. Stay safe those in that area!

Yea, I try not to plan any big in state trips from far out when it comes to Sept/October in Florida.
All it takes is a 3-7 days to go from quiet/no land threats to watching the models to get an idea if you got to bring shit inside or not

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Good luck all. A lot family down there.

Can we agree to stop naming these and just number the hurricane, hurricane 80... if you don't want to be in the pit RUN. Ian (besides Garry) doesn't sound too intimidating. Next up hurricane Jasper.

Blown38

Established Member
Stay safe down there guys! Fingers crossed the house is still there in a couple days.

There is an Indian burial ground in Englewood that is said to protect the area. Indian Mounds Park if you want to google it.

SSCOBRA03

Established Member
Good lord, people in Orlando losing their minds… I blame the assholes on the weather channels
Can't like this enough, those assholes believe they are "stars" so they play up every storm.

Then we get to see them pretend to fight wind while others are walking normally behind then.

Wannabe hereos.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Can't like this enough, those assholes believe they are "stars" so they play up every storm.

Then we get to see them pretend to fight wind while others are walking normally behind then.

Wannabe hereos.
Honestly, I dont worry about Florida until the Temp drops below 40oF.... Thats when the Riots begin.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Strange... Here in my area (central) of Alabama they've issued a "Fire Weather Watch" in effect tomorrow!? Never heard of such a thing before.

WINDS...Northeast 10 to 15 MPH with gusts up to 25 MPH.

RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 20 percent.

IMPACTS...The combination of as dry air mass and windy conditions will result in critical fire weather conditions. Outdoor burning is not recommended.

Damn hurricane.

U.M.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
For those of you not familiar with the difference of hurricane categories, maybe this will help...

F32A7720-5BB5-47A5-9E8C-C0EFFF2D2BF9.jpeg

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

Wannabe hereos.
Generally speaking, it is most people from the big media channels going out to places where they are not needed. You'll have meteorologists, reporters, etc..., thinking they are the only way to see what is happening on the ground and quite honestly, I'd rather hear from emergency services or residents.

Lets remember during the war in iraq or afghanistan when Bob something or another was in a vehicle hit by an i.e.d. and suffered a major injury. The schmuck put himself in the position and IMO no sympathy was warranted. None of the media went full on sympathetic when a soldier was injured or died like they did with him. It's unreal how hard up some of these people are to make a name and bring attention to themselves.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Predicting a 8'-12' storm surge. I live in the highest part of the county, so should be OK. All the shutters are shut except the electric roll downs on the lanai.
The areas not affected by storm surge will get flooding from rain depending on track and if it does slow.

Gfs was calling for 4ft, Canadian just under 3ft of rain over Tampa Bay area last night, FEET

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Wonder where the Bucs v. Chiefs game is going to be held? It was supposed to be a Bucs home game. Miami or Minnesota seem to be the current possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread