Hurricane Ian

_Snake_

Established Member
This one’s gonna hurt.

0FBBBD57-68E1-434E-BF2E-B6114AC1234A.jpeg

VegasMichael

Established Member
I was wondering how other Floridians were handling some changes in insurance down there. My parents have a place there and they were informed last year that if they didn't replace the roof their coverage would be dropped. There was nothing wrong with the roof and it and the house are about 20 years old. They replaced it though.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I was wondering how other Floridians were handling some changes in insurance down there. My parents have a place there and they were informed last year that if they didn't replace the roof their coverage would be dropped. There was nothing wrong with the roof and it and the house are about 20 years old. They replaced it though.
True story about the roofs. My insurance that's due in November went up $1K. I have a new roof, and electric roll downs and accordion shutters.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Thankfully it’s missing me but we’ll get a lot of rain and gusts and surge. Tampa already has mandatory evacuations for the coastal areas.
We are leaving cape cod on Saturday and will possibility drive right through the remnants of it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^Makes me wonder how many home owners were unable to bear the cost of a new roof and might be in the path of Ian with no insurance.
The roofing companies are ass raping people for new roofs. Not just becuase they can, it's also how busy and the cost of materials here.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
The roofing companies are ass raping people for new roofs. Not just becuase they can, it's also how busy and the cost of materials here.
We just got a brand new clay tile roof installed last winter. The previous one was damaged by Irma and the insurance refused to pay for a new one so we went to court. And won.
Now if this one gets destroyed still got to pay the 10% for a full replacement.
Insurance is the biggest scam going.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
We just got a brand new clay tile roof installed last winter. The previous one was damaged by Irma and the insurance refused to pay for a new one so we went to court. And won.
I know exactly how that works. Believe me.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I thought you lived in a high rise condo?

Users who are viewing this thread