Hurricane Ian

_Snake_

Established Member
Just glad it didn't go through the everglades/Lake O as it probably would of kept it's strength/weakened slower due to the brown water effect.

The Everglades don’t have that effect on hurricanes. They actually serve as a buffer.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My home made out well. Lost power this morning at 8am and no real damage. But. Downtown and along the coast going east towards Tamiami Trail is wrecked. Storm surge. This storm was no joke.
Heading back home on Saturday and won’t get there until Friday as me and the wife are making a vacation out of it and spending time in Tennessee then onto the Florida panhandle. Hope all my Florida friends are safe.
I really need to get back to Tennessee. All the family on my mom's side is from a town just below Nashville called Lawrenceburg. I was a military brat in Floridia which is why I mostly grew up there. Grandparents have passed so I don't get up there much anymore. Safe Travels

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
Unreal

Attachments

• 02328131-3D4F-4AF4-80E6-7D8628CB11C6.jpeg
    02328131-3D4F-4AF4-80E6-7D8628CB11C6.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 120

LS WUT

Established Member
Just checking in. Lots of clean up to be done on my end, a lot of trees knocked over, and sticks everywhere. The wind ended up flipping my tent over from my backyard which help the motorcycles. All of the motorcycles got flipped and tossed over. A bit of fairings damaged, R1 took a beating, the bike I was so scared for it being damaged was my fathers motorcycle. Luckily it only had minor scratches, and one little dent. I can live with that. Cars didn’t turn out to bad. I’ll live with the damage and keep moving forward?

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
amazing how it goes from cat 4-5 then hits land and takes a shit to 50mph winds
This one didn't though. A day later it just exited the east coast and still a Cat 1. Over 3 hrs in after landfall yesterday and it was still a strong 3 plowing through the state.

Also impressive is that Ian was moving like 8mph.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
This pic was Sunday and likely why many in Ft. Myers proximity were caught with their gaurd down. You just never know with these storms and have to watch them daily. Extreme edge of cone and even the following day they were talking about it skating the coast west of Tampa. Tuesday morning shift south, Tuesday afternoon further, and yesterday morning locked on that area. Models in complete disagreement with one going to Tallahasse and the other going to Ft. Myers setting up the "cone of uncertainty".

632fc6fe33775.image.png

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
This pic was Sunday and likely why many in Ft. Myers proximity were caught with their gaurd down. You just never know with these storms and have to watch them daily. Extreme edge of cone and even the following day that were talking about it skating the coast west of Tampa. Tuesday morning shift south, Tuesday afternoon further, and yesterday morning locked on that area. Models in complete disagreement with one going to Tallahasse and the other going to Ft. Myers setting up the "cone of uncertainty".

632fc6fe33775.image.png

My wife said they got sucker punched. Pretty accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread