Hurricane Harvey

Dusten

Established Member
A tornado hit a couple miles from me and knocked out power for a few hours but all is well. Lots of rain.

The most devastating storm as far as lives lost was the Hurricane of 1900 in Galveston that killed 12,000 people. I think Katrina had the most property damage at $100B+.
I was googling trying to figure out the storm. The storms you listed are what I kept finding. 150B in damage.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
I'm in the NW side of town near 290 and the beltway, so far just rain but I haven't ventured out. The worst is still yet to come over night and through at least Monday.

o2gt

Established Member
still hanging in. has not been bad for us yet. worried about family, friends and fellow Texans. Looks like this is going to be a long ride. I just keep reminding my self how much better off we are so far than so many others.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Been a little anti-climactic here in SA. Made a bunch of wrecks due to the wet roads but nothing to crazy. Sitting out on the highway right now waiting for TxDot to figure out how to flip this 18-Wheeler back over.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Water is over halfway up my driveway, neighborhood lakes are over their banks also with no sign of the rain stopping.

21083576_10155563985394462_2357412629862412112_o.jpg

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Man we are getting ****ed up. I'm ok for now but I have coworkers with a foot of water in their houses. A couple are trapped too. Couldn't even get out with lifted 4wd's. No end in sight for the rain. It is hammering down where I'm at right now.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
We have had over 500 high water rescues since last night until now. It's pounding just about everywhere at this point. a couple people have drowned and several are stuck on rooftops. The thing that gets me is there are people out driving around just to check things out.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
hang in there guys. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. We getting hammered down here, but it is not as bad as what yall are getting

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in Indiana, and was talking to my neighbor yesterday. His son is a DNR Conservation officer in Indiana. His son was called and told to get his boat and his truck ready because he was going to get called out to Texas. Sounds like you Texans are going to have help coming from all over. I hope and pray all of you/them come out of this mess safe.

Unimaginable........... up to 40 inches of rain possible the last I heard in some parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread