Humbled at work today !!

DivineDetail

Established Member
I'm going to do the same here, Merry Christmas everyone...and thank you, JR, for posting this up, it's things like this that really make you realize what you have.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
New update.. $1640.00, total.. This is simply amazing.!!!!! What a day those two will have, thanks to everyone !! This is like Extreme Home Makeover!! I only wish I was a fly on the wall on Christmas morning in their apartment.. I had a hard time starting this thread, let alone trying to explain all of this without balling like a school girl. Ya know what?? I don't even care. Let the cards fall where they do !! I have napkins in my car...lol...:banana:

THANKS !!!!!!!!

DivineDetail

Established Member
New update.. $1640.00, total.. This is simply amazing.!!!!! What a day those two will have, thanks to everyone !! This is like Extreme Home Makeover!! I only wish I was a fly on the wall on Christmas morning in their apartment.. I had a hard time starting this thread, let alone trying to explain all of this without balling like a school girl. Ya know what?? I don't even care. Let the cards fall where they do !! I have napkins in my car...lol...:banana:

THANKS !!!!!!!!

That's truly impressive, I wouldn't be surprised to see this make $2k before nights end. Great job, everyone!

LadyJame

Proud wife of a NAVY Vet!
Established Member
You guys and girls all across America did such a great thing to help this hard-working man and his daughter. You should all be proud of yourselves and know that there will be one very-deserving family that has had their Christmas turned completely around because of ALL of your generosity. Merry Christmas to EVERY LAST ONE of you!!! What a feeling this is!!!!!!!!!!!

silver03tt

Established Member
JR, Thanks for sharing this story with us. It makes me realize just how fortunate I am. I'm sure this will be very appreciated and I am so impressed at how you guys pull together. Sent you $20. You're doing a great thing guys. Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
did you decide how you will present this to them?

Yep. I think I'll tell him to come out to my car at lunch time, 6:30 PM for us on 2nd shift, and fill him in there. I actually get off at 9pm tomorrow and him at 11pm. There are two shopping bags full of wrapped gifts. I'll let him keep them in my office if he needs, or I can drop them at his daughters grandmothers place. We'll get it dialed in. It's pretty exciting and intense to think about !!:rockon:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Hello JR and my other MACA friends. Checking in from seeing this link posted on svtoa-memphis.com

Donation sent from Speed of Sound LLC.

It's a very heart-warming story to read, but what's even better is I've seen the Mustang community do this time and again.

Merry Christmas,

Alan

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
JR, Thanks for sharing this story with us. It makes me realize just how fortunate I am. I'm sure this will be very appreciated and I am so impressed at how you guys pull together. Sent you $20. You're doing a great thing guys. Merry Christmas!

Thanks man. Hope you and yours have a great holiday season !!!!

J.R.

Adam91LX

Established Member
JR Could it be arranged for him to get off a little early tomorrow and you take him home and pick up his daughter and take them to a nice dinner? I bet it's been a while since they ate somewhere nice. Then present them with everything?

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
JR Could it be arranged for him to get off a little early tomorrow and you take him home and pick up his daughter and take them to a nice dinner? I bet it's been a while since they ate somewhere nice. Then present them with everything?

Adam,

That would be a perfect idea. We are running some special products right now and everyone is needed full shifts. Lots of employees out for the holidays. School is still in session until Tuesday around here, so not sure if she sleeps at the grandmothers until he picks her up or she stays up. I'll learn more tomorrow.

Thanks..

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
dinner w/ the plant manager
how cool would that be

I know.

I figured I'd take him to the parking lot while off the clock for lunch, 30 minutes, and tell him there. I just don't want to make a scenario that embarrases him. He is pretty shy and quiet.

This is probably more than he's ever had at one time in his entire life.. Not sure how he's going to handle it. A big smile from ear to ear is what I'm wishing for.

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
paypal sent its a good thing that your doing man and its awesome that everyone is helping like that have. Hats off to all of ya. Keep us updated.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Good work everyone! I can't wait to hear how this turns out! I might just drive over to Gettysburg and hide in a bush to watch his reaction lol! :D

Users who are viewing this thread