Humbled at work today !!

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
J.R, it's not about you asking for anything in this thread. I knew that wasn't your angle and I knew you were being sincere with your story and were just expressing your feelings about their situation and yours. Eventhough we're both in MACA I don't know you, nor do you know me, so what lead me to your thread? The title spoke about being humbled and I know A LOT about that, so I was curious as to what happened. When I read your post it was tearing my heart apart and immediately God put it in my heart to suggest taking up a donation and I try my best to lead by example and the amount of $20 came in my head to give. It's not much, but to someone who needs it, it's a lot. I didn't know it would turn out like this when I posted my idea last night, but it didn't matter, I knew I wanted to help in the little way that I could. Not just MACA, but so many good kind hearted people are on this site. It's truly a blessing in blessing someone else. Always remember, no matter how bad we "think" we have it, there's someone somewhere that would love to be in your shoes. You getting this new job and meeting and conversating with this guy isn't by chance or coincidence. It's bigger than that, it's bigger than you. I'm one of those people that believe everything happens for a reason. The reason you met him could simply be to be touched by his situation, come on SVTP to express your feelings about it, people reading being touched by it enough to donate unasked for money and at the end a little girl whom none of us know can have one of the best Christmas' she's had in her life. Let your mind marinate on that for a little while!

Rod

hoghunter

Get The Phone
Established Member
JR...I know someone in this same kind of situation and it breaks your heart...sent ya' a $20...glad to help make a difference to someone in need.

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
Jamie and I each sent $20 via Paypal. I hope she and her dad have a better Christmas than they might have had. Let us know how they make out!

Allen2001GT

Established Member
Sent $20 as well even tho i'm not a maca member. I am however, moving into the area next weekend so i'll look forward to meeting some of you's.

Thanks for the touching story J.R.

Chad

J.R. let me know if you got my side info and if not i'll pm it to you.

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Sent $25... That will at least cover a weeks worth of his neighbor driving him to work. They could use it more than I can. It really sucks to see people trying to make it, who are doing the right thing and are just able to keep their heads above water. I hope they have a better Holiday.

Last edited:

randoo

Established Member
$20 sent to your paypal.This is great to see and I'm glad to be a part of it!I can't wait to hear about the outcome.Keep us posted. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Thanks again everyone. I just checked the paypal account and it is at $185.00. You folks are the best. My family will be shopping for Terry and his daughter tomorrow. This display of kindness is enough to turn a person's life around. It will sure make him smile because his daughter wil be receiving some gifts she only dreamed of having.

Thanks,

J.R.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Thanks again everyone. I just checked the paypal account and it is at $185.00. You folks are the best. My family will be shopping for Terry and his daughter tomorrow. This display of kindness is enough to turn a person's life around. It will sure make him smile because his daughter wil be receiving some gifts she only dreamed of having.

Thanks,

J.R.

Great keep us posted...:thumbsup:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Great keep us posted...:thumbsup:

I sure will. I'm trying to figure out how to approach this. I have been contemplating taking the gifts to the HR manager and having her call him in to the office to let him know these items were dropped off for him anonymously. That's the way I was going to handle it with my gift donation.

Now with others donations, I'm not sure. I was planning on telling the HR that my car club and other members fom around the US read a story about my experience and opened their hearts and wallets to make a Christmas for this family.

I don't want him to feel uncomfortable around me, if he knew I had something to do with this. Any suggestions? It's your donations as well, you deserve a say in what happens.

Thanks,

J.R.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Do you have a shipping department? Can you just have one of them call him with a notice that some "packages" have arrived for him? I am sure the HR manager might get a little sketchy ... but thats just a thought off the top of my head.

Good luck JR, and thanks man!

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I sure will. I'm trying to figure out how to approach this. I have been contemplating taking the gifts to the HR manager and having her call him in to the office to let him know these items were dropped off for him anonymously. That's the way I was going to handle it with my gift donation.

Now with others donations, I'm not sure. I was planning on telling the HR that my car club and other members fom around the US read a story about my experience and opened their hearts and wallets to make a Christmas for this family.

I don't want him to feel uncomfortable around me, if he knew I had something to do with this. Any suggestions? It's your donations as well, you deserve a say in what happens.

Thanks,

J.R.

You said in your OP that he was a quiet to himself kinda guy, right? For whatever reason he felt comfortable enough with YOU to open up and tell you some very personal things about him and his life that he probably hasn't spoken to anyone else at the job about. If he doesn't do that with everyone else, there may be something about you that made him let his guard down. Maybe he thinks guys that drive Mustangs are kool :-D. Anyway, if the HR manager calls him in to her office for an anonymous gift that may make him uncomfortable. He may feel a lot of people are in his business. However, if you let him know that you don't feel sorry for him, but you told your family about him and his daughter and they wanted to help in anyway they could, so they did. Then you mentioned it to your car club and things got way outta hand:banana: and everyone wanted to be apart of his daughter having a wonderful Christmas. Tell him don't take it as a handout, take it as people being blessed and wanting to bless others in return. Just my thoughts!

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
I ended up sending this thread as a link to my fathers email account and had just finished sending money via paypal when he called me and told me he wanted to make a matching donation as well. J.R. you should have recieved two transactions from me. PM me if this is not the case, I dont want you to think I accidentally hit the send money now button twice!

God bless you and your family J.R., you guys have always been A+ people in my eyes as well as i'm sure many others on this board. :beer:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
You said in your OP that he was a quiet to himself kinda guy, right? For whatever reason he felt comfortable enough with YOU to open up and tell you some very personal things about him and his life that he probably hasn't spoken to anyone else at the job about. If he doesn't do that with everyone else, there may be something about you that made him let his guard down.

If you ever get a chance to meet him you will perhaps understand why his coworker feels as if he can open up to him. J.R. and Denice are just those kinds of people that make you feel warm and welcome. There are very few people on this board that I look up to as much them.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Thanks Brian. That means a lot. Tell your folks thank you as well. I only had the chance to meet them once, but we enjoyed it.

I may just grab Terry outside and do just what Hurtem suggested. I don't want him to feel embarrassed, but I do want to explain to him how he and his daughter have been thought about this weekend by many people across the US, that just want to share with him.. Not for gratitude or recognition, but just because they have a place in their heart to want to help someone down on their luck.. Ever seen a grown man cry ?? That'd be me...I'll choke it back, but not for long..

J.R.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I don't know what to say. The Christmas fund is now up to $325.00.

I'm getting paypals from people that have not posted on this thread at all. Thank you JJ of Woodbine Motorsports for you donation. Merry Chistmas to you and yours..

You people are incredible !!!

This is one year that family will never forget..

Last edited:

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
IMO -

I would say your Car Club picks a family to help out each year and that he was chosen. Do not go through HR or anything cause the less people at your work know the better. Take the dude away form the line or out to lunch so nobody else knows. Explain you are not pittying him but just trying to help him get back on his feet. I would not explain that the whole story is on the web cause dudes be pround and he probs does not want the whole web knowing his story.

Pay Pal sent by The Pun - saw this on Chicagosvt.com

Merry Xmas all!!!

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
FYI - maybe give him a gift card with all the funds on it he can use to shop at Target or some local big chain store. Might feel better than giving him a wad of cash or check. Also than he can spend it on shopping for his daughter and family.

cdh027

Established Member
Sent $20. This type of thing makes me think there is still some good left in humanity. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread