HUGE explosion in China - city of Tianjin

Jefe

Established Member
@patrickpoon

State Internet Information Office shuts down 360< #Weibo & #WeChat acc for spreading "rumours" about #Tianjin blast

Millions of locals "shut up" over this blast. Its pretty apparent they are hiding this for a reason

bullitt2735

Established Member
Theres also another video I saw last night, that someone was live streaming it from extremely close. The blast came and took the camera out in a spectacular fashion. Unfortunately there is no way that person survived. not sure if should post?

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Theres also another video I saw last night, that someone was live streaming it from extremely close. The blast came and took the camera out in a spectacular fashion. Unfortunately there is no way that person survived. not sure if should post?

I think I know the one you're talking about. Is there two fences in front of the person?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm really surprised those apartment buildings are still standing at all. Unfortunately I bet many people heard\saw the first blast and moved towards their windows in that direction as the big blast hit.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I'm really surprised those apartment buildings are still standing at all. Unfortunately I bet many people heard\saw the first blast and moved towards their windows in that direction as the big blast hit.

Do you think the earthquake proofing they do on buildings there would have anything to do with them still standing? I'm not a structural engineer or anything like that so I'm just throwing out ideas. Lol Of course I might be thinking of Japan and not China that earthquake proofs buildings. Haha

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yeah, that person is surely no longer alive. I've seen a gif of it. It's not graphic but it is chilling and morbid because you know that person died.

Damn, just saw that video. I can only imagine watching that live stream when it happened. :eek:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Do you think the earthquake proofing they do on buildings there would have anything to do with them still standing? I'm not a structural engineer or anything like that so I'm just throwing out ideas. Lol Of course I might be thinking of Japan and not China that earthquake proofs buildings. Haha

LOL @ earthquake proofing and Chinese construction.

They build these things in a day. They don't have a tenth of the structural or code or inspection requirements in the entire construction cycle that we do in a single scope of work.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

They build these things in a day. They don't have a tenth of the structural or code or inspection requirements in the entire construction cycle that we do in a single scope of work.
I was about to say the same thing on earthquake proofing in China.

What ever was being placed near each other would have never been possible here in the states. What a giant waste of cars too. I wonder what triggered all this to happen?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Well the Chinese once released a dam that killed thousands so who knows what caused it. When they lie about the casualties you van never know the true cause of what happened outside of the fact that it was an explosion.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Not sure what caused the initial fire but when they sprayed water on calcium carbide they created a bunch of acetylene... pairing that with:
"The warehouse, designed to house dangerous and toxic chemicals, was storing mainly ammonium nitrate, potassium nitrate and calcium carbide"

They probably unknowingly created the acetylene which ignited and damaged the containers holding the other combustibles. Just a theory.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member

I was about to say the same thing on earthquake proofing in China.

What ever was being placed near each other would have never been possible here in the states. What a giant waste of cars too. I wonder what triggered all this to happen?

This is why I said I might be confusing China with Japan.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
The blast crater.

qc7FPxa.jpg

Jefe

Established Member
Hkg10202120.jpg

Hkg10202117.jpg

Looks like the highway next to the explosion

058c97c126bb4efab92206360c5b8ad7-0963aea283bd4f6ba3665ce6ffd9662a-0.jpg

Hkg10201884.jpg

Mangled metal container found several kilometers from the blast

4db4961698bc4bbfa105512c0822aeab-4db4961698bc4bbfa105512c0822aeab-0.jpg

04881897.jpg

Hkg10202019.jpg

c632dcdff7794a0bb63b15fa52826cc8-c632dcdff7794a0bb63b15fa52826cc8-0.jpg

2015-08-13T102913Z_1851689780_GF10000172703_RTRMADP_3_CHINA-BLAST.jpg

365aaee5b0474ba796c738ad26c72820-365aaee5b0474ba796c738ad26c72820-0.jpg

2015-08-14T032634Z_690078113_SR1EB8E09JJ9I_RTRMADP_3_CHINA-BLAST.jpg

CM1kIoxW8AA1YYj.jpg:large

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...na-after-tianjin-storms-massive-fish-die-phot

"Mystery" Cyanide Foam Covers Streets In China After Tianjin Storms As "Massive Fish Die-Off" Photographed

Foam_0.png

Foam2_0.png

Foam4_0.png

On Wednesday evening we noted that China, in what looks like an attempt to discourage investigative reports into Communist Party culpability for the explosion at Tianjin which killed more than a hundred people and injured more than 700 last week, revealed the previously unnamed majority shareholders of Tianjin International Ruihai Logistics.

The two men - a Mr. Yu and a Mr. Dong - have Party ties and admitted to using their political connections to skirt restrictions on the storage and handling of hazardous chemicals like sodium cyanide.

That admission isn’t likely to satisfy the Chinese public, which is looking for the head (figuratively speaking we hope) of someone higher up in the party, as scapegoating a few locals with tenuous Party ties doesn’t seem to constitute the type of wholesale, rigorous investigation that would indicate Beijing is serious about getting to the bottom of how 700 tonnes of toxic chemicals ended up being stored at a facility that was only licensed to warehouse a fraction of that total.

In any event, the "cyanide thunderstorms" we warned were rolling into the area have now blanketed Tianjin in a "mysterious" white foam.

And as The South China Morning Post reports, some claimed the rain had burned their skin and lips, which would be consistent with a text message purported to have emanated from the American Embassy (which immediately denied its authenticity) advising workers to "avoid ALL contact" between their skin and any rain:

Some residents and journalists near the blast site in Tianjin experienced skin burns as rain hit the Binhai New Area on Tuesday.

Amid fears the rain could spark toxic reactions with chemicals at the site - in particular with hundreds of tonnes of sodium cyanide - an official urged the public to "stay far away".

As the rain progressed, an unusual white foam emerged on roads near the blast site. A journalist for Caixin reported feeling burns on the lips and arms after being exposed to the rain.
As for the official explanation for why the streets in Tianjin are now running white with what might very well be an extremely toxic, cyanide-laced foam, Tianjin's environmental monitoring center says it's "a normal phenomenon when rain falls, and similar things have occurred before."

And in case that wasn't enough of a punchline for you, here's a look at what happened after no chemicals were detected in the seawater around the blast site

https://twitter.com/cctvnews/status/634346943192236033/photo/1

6km from the blast:

CM2nLpZUcAIu54n.jpg

CM2nBrgVEAAC_Ct.jpg

CM100QhWcAAmLKB.png

#Cyanide levels over 800 times limit in part of a water hole at #Tianjin explosion site

http://ktla.com/2015/08/18/top-exec...n-warehouse-in-china-death-toll-rises-to-114/

Ten senior executives of the company that owned the warehouse site that exploded in the Chinese city of Tianjin have been detained, state media reported Tuesday, as authorities promised to investigate the cause of the disaster.

Li Liang, the president of Tianjin Dongjiang Port Rui Hai International Logistics Co, which stores and transports chemicals, was among those being held, as was the company’s vice president, Cao Haijun, and Song Qi, the chief financial officer.

They have been under detention since August 13. Earlier reports had said two unnamed executives of the firm were in detention.

Massive explosions rocked the northeastern coastal city late Wednesday, killing at least 114 people, officials said, and devastating a large industrial zone and nearby residences.

At least 57 people are still missing, according to authorities.

Thousands of officials, firefighters, policemen and local residents mourned the victims at the blast site Tuesday, bowing their heads and observing a moment of silence to pay their respects.

Questions over license

Official news agency Xinhua said the company was licensed to handle dangerous chemicals at the time of the blasts but only obtained that license in June. A previous license had lapsed in October 2014.

The warehouse was a temporary storage facility that housed materials after they arrived at the port and before they were transported elsewhere, city officials have said.

Several hundred tons of sodium cyanide, a highly toxic chemical that can kills humans rapidly, have been found at two locations and are being cleaned up.

China’s State Council has formed an investigative committee to “give a responsible answer” on the cause of the disaster and promised “serious punishment,” Xinhua reported Tuesday.

“Many are questioning about the number of people killed in the blasts, the emergency assistance provided, and the handling of the aftermath. Some are even suspicious, with rumors circling,” said a commentary in the People’s Daily, the Chinese Communist Party’s mouthpiece.

“In the face of an accident that has caused heavy losses of life and property, the central government’s attitude is clear and resolute: a thorough investigation and severe punishment are beyond any doubt,” it concluded.

s051694781.jpg

Video tour a mans home, broken glass everywhere, he would be dead if he was asleep in bed: http://www.smh.com.au/world/tianjin-blast-why-not-just-tell-people-the-truth-20150820-gj3mz3.html

This might be that American from the blast video: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/t...-survivor-dan-van-durens-wrecked-home-n412986

Check out how flattened these cars are. Fenders blew off

BN-JY172_082015_J_20150820141351.jpg

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Woh, heres a before shot of the storage lot. 30+ high pressure tanks in one spot

1395374356.jpg

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Man that is completely insane. Why would they even bother lying about how many people died when it's obvious how massive the blast zone is?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Man that is completely insane. Why would they even bother lying about how many people died when it's obvious how massive the blast zone is?

Arrogance, you get so used to being in control of the information flow you don't realize it doesn't work that way on an international scale. But I'm sure they look in on us thinking the exact same shit.

Jefe

Established Member
CNN - Caged bunnies, chickens placed at Tianjin blast zone for toxicity tests

Caged rabbits, chickens and pigeons placed in the heart of the Tianjin blast zone by Chinese authorities to test for chemical exposure have drawn a mix of ire and ridicule on Chinese social media, as pressure builds for authorities to answer for the deadly blast that devastated the northeastern port city earlier this month.

According to a weekend tweet by the state-run People's Daily, the animals were placed in a "core" area of Tianjin to test for possible "chemical remains."

The move comes after images emerged last week of a large number of dead, rotting fish washed up in a local river, fueling local residents' fears over possible chemical contamination.

"Why not put those 'un-corrupt' experts and officials to do some testing?" one Weibo user asked.

"Should drag the people responsible over to it," posted another.

Meanwhile, the death toll from blasts that rocked the northern Chinese city has risen to 129, the state-run Xinhua News Agency reported, citing information from a Sunday press conference.

Among the victims were 70 firefighters and seven police officers, Xinhua reported. Forty four people are still missing after the fatal blasts earlier this month, which were followed by fires.

More than 600 people are still hospitalized, 39 of those in serious condition.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/7...s-in-a-shipping-container-after-Tianjin-blast

Man survives 3 days in a shipping container after Tianjin blast

survivor.jpg

Crazy video of injured people getting into buses: https://instagram.com/p/6VshnWw3tE/

877x658

877x658

877x658

877x658

877x658

Firefighters?

877x658

877x658

More photos: http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/fotos/55cf4abb0cf2776224a8a97d/1

http://globalnews.ca/news/2173216/c...storage-facility-in-tianjin-explosion-report/

Company used connections to build hazmat storage facility in Tianjin explosion

TIANJIN, China – The son of a former police chief is one of two silent owners of the warehouse in Tianjin where explosions killed at least 114 people, and used his connections to help obtain licenses despite the hazmat facility violating safety rules, Chinese state media reported Wednesday.

Residents, whose apartments were damaged during the explosions at a chemical warehouse, protest with photos of the aftermath, outside a hotel where authorities are holding a press conference in Tianjin on August 16, 2015. Furious, frustrated and fearful, relatives of the missing in the giant explosions in

The other owner is a former executive at a state-owned chemical company who also used his connections to smooth the way for approval for the facility, the official Xinhua News Agency said in a lengthy report on the warehouse company Ruihai International Logistics.

The report supports the common perception that well-connected private Chinese companies use personal relationships with people in the government to override rules, sometimes with disastrous consequences.

It also shed light on the murky ownership structure at Ruihai, which had been the source of rampant rumours of potential high-level connections and coverup since the Aug. 12 blasts, which also have left 65 missing and 674 in hospital.

The two men, identified as former Sinochem executive Yu Xuewei and the late Tianjin port police chief’s son, Dong Shexuan, are among 10 Ruihai company officials who have been detained in the investigation into the blast.

Dong said that Yu enlisted him into the company in 2012 because of his connections and that he was easily able to obtain a fire certificate for the hazmat business. “I brought all the materials for the renovation plans, and the fire certificate was soon issued,” Dong was quoted as saying.

The fire certificate apparently allowed local planning officials to issue a building permit, even though the hazmat warehouse would be less than the required 1,000 metres (yards) away from homes and public roads, a clear violation of state safety rules.

“We took into account that the fire certificate as issued by the fire division,” Zhu Liming, a planning official told Xinhua.

Dong said Ruhai also had to clear another seemingly impossible obstacle. A safety evaluation firm had told Ruihai that a satisfactory report was out of question because of the warehouse’s proximity to residential homes.

“But Yu Xuewei asked me not to worry, but leave it to him. So he changed the safety evaluation firm and got the report,” Dong told Xinhua.

Both Yu and Dong chose to be shadow owners. Yu asked his wife’s cousin to hold his 55 per cent share in Ruihai on his behalf, and Dong had a high school classmate claim his 45 per cent share.

It was not immediately clear why Yu wanted to camouflage his involvement, but Dong told Xinhua he did not want his father implicated in the business.

“The public perception may not be good, given my father’s position with the police,” Dong told Xinhua.

Users who are viewing this thread