HUGE explosion in China - city of Tianjin

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nothing on the local news. Very sad. Fox News is reporting 7 dead and between 300-400 injured. Definitely sad to hear.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
That's horrible to see.

Couldn't imagine being involved in something like that. Much less so unfortunate to be living in the epicenter where it happened. One moment your having dinner, the next moment BOOM and lights out

oldmodman

Established Member
Over the years China has had some very large fireworks explosions before.

The pictures of an entire factory blowing up were just amazing. It was hard to believe that plain old fireworks could do that level of damage.

This series of explosions look like at least ten shipping containers went up all at once. But it could have been military type explosives. But the fire raining down looked like shell insert to me.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Death toll up to 17 now, 32 in critical condition and over 400 injuries which are typically from rocks and cuts. Most likely from the shockwave and people standing by windows and doors.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
second blast was equivalent to 22 tons TNT they say.

I wonder what the "dangerous cargo" was.

Its crazy to see how massive and powerful that explosion was and realize hiroshima was 682 times more powerful. Then to realize Russia's most powerful nuke is 2,590 times more powerful than Hiroshima.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Its crazy to see how massive and powerful that explosion was and realize hiroshima was 682 times more powerful. Then to realize Russia's most powerful nuke is 2,590 times more powerful than Hiroshima.
That's beyond anything I can imagine. What a crazy planet we live on.

Planter

Banned
483764ed7f65607a55cdd108ec3fb811.jpg

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Just got hit with this tweet.

Now reports that contact is lost with 36 firefighters in #Tianjin.

CCTV has confirmed contact lost with 36 firefighters in #Tianjinblast. Prayers with #Tianjin tonight (today)

Last edited:

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
That's just insane. That shock wave was intense even with as far away as those videos were. I couldn't image being closer than that. Such a tragedy. Hope the death toll is on the low side of the predictions.

Copper&Black

Established Member
Death toll up to 17 now, 32 in critical condition and over 400 injuries which are typically from rocks and cuts. Most likely from the shockwave and people standing by windows and doors.

Don't forget "China", multiply that by 5 or more. They are never truthful about death tolls.

Users who are viewing this thread