HPTuners for Coyote platform is coming along very well!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I see a lot of blown engines coming about lol

Lund had the proper tuning on these figured out, long before there were even "#8" issues.

and for the record, Ford has the record for the most # 8's

someone typed It on the internet so it must be true.

as good as the internet is for some things, it's horrible for others. the crap I see repeated and spewed on the internet sometimes is insane,

everyone is an expert.

most good tuners don't tune with sct, they simply upload from sct

I guess If you don't sell it you feel the need to downplay or talk crap about it?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I guess If you don't sell it you feel the need to downplay or talk crap about it?

I don't know why you constantly need to start crap.

I didn't downplay the system. I said I see a lot of blown engines, because people that don't know what they are doing, start screwing around with stuff that they don't know what they are doing, and they blow their engine.

If it's in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing like Eric, you won't have any issues.

As far as good tuners not using SCT, that was in response to someones post. Has nothing to do with downplaying the system.

So, I'm not really sure the point of your post. It's no different than someone buying a pro racer package, and blowing their junk up.

Hell, a well known turbo builder / tuner, blew 3 engines because he didn't know what he was doing with SCT software.

So go find another thread to jump on me in please.

RFM50

Established Member
sorry about your experience, jon jr coming on has helped lighten the load on ken and jon sr a bunch, much better now.

and on your other comment, your exactly right

:beer: Sorry Im not intrested in giving them another shot. JPC Tunes my car now and does a fantastic job.

You to.... I paid $400+ for my tune (beef cake special) only I only received 1 revision, after 9 weeks I gave up. It's been a 1-1/2 years and it still gets my blood pressure up. I was told a refund was not an option.

Yup it was really irratating at the time

Can someone just name the other tuner? Sorry on here a lot and seems there has been a lot of issues from a lot of different tuners (-aed)

Sorry not interested in opening up that can of worms. Feel free to look at my post history and you will figure it out. Becides I do still like there sales rep even though they won't ever get anther dime from me.

This is not the place for it, but if he like he may start his own thread describing his experience.

Don't worry Sid Im not interested in opening that can of worms again. I was just trying to back up the fact that Lund doesn't nearly have the most blown engines out there. I have no need to bash vendors.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I don't know why you constantly need to start crap.
Who is starting anything? Im just commenting on your first and very short post about how there are going to be lots of blown up engines.

I didn't downplay the system. I said I see a lot of blown engines, because people that don't know what they are doing, start screwing around with stuff that they don't know what they are doing, and they blow their engine.
You said Quote "I see a lot of blown engines coming about lol"

If it's in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing like Eric, you won't have any issues.
Well...Obvious, but its the same thing with Pro Racer from SCT

As far as good tuners not using SCT, that was in response to someones post. Has nothing to do with downplaying the system.
:dw:

So, I'm not really sure the point of your post. It's no different than someone buying a pro racer package, and blowing their junk up.
See your post Quote "I see a lot of blown engines coming about lol"

Hell, a well known turbo builder / tuner, blew 3 engines because he didn't know what he was doing with SCT software.
I don't think this is a thread about people tuning there own cars...

So go find another thread to jump on me in please.
This is my thread.... Just saying

I think I hit all the talking points...

Again please don't think I'm trying to "start" crap. :beer:

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
:idea:
I think I hit all the talking points...

Again please don't think I'm trying to "start" crap. :beer:

Saying I see allot of blown engines is not down playing the system, has nothing to do with the system, had to do with the end user.

And yes, just like the pro racer, I thought I just said that.

You jumped on me about the system, when I never said anything derogatory about the system.

You can simply say you were mistaken and move on.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member

Saying I see allot of blown engines is not down playing the system, has nothing to do with the system, had to do with the end user.

You jumped on me about the system, when I never said anything derogatory about the system.

Then why say anything about the "end" user in the first place? A Few people might use this as a "end user" But most, just like SCT will have a tuner...tune there cars. So what your using to defend yourself is not valid.

I thought you might be on the offensive about this because it has the potential to hurt your lund tuning sales. I can see now this is not the case by re reading your posts.
:rolleyes:

Me, I'm all for what ever tools we have to tune with on this platform. I can see your apparently worried about all the blown up motors we are gonna see.

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I agree with the blown up engine part to the end user that jumps in over his head. We have a slightly different approach though. Excellent documentation with every parameter, and user levels.

Beginners can select that user level to keep them out of trouble. Pros can see EVERYTHING.

The problem isn't that tuning these cars is to complex. The problem is there is little public info available on how to do it. I'm hoping that providing the HOW TO alleviate that issue.

techwerkz

Established Member
I will be purchasing this as soon as it's available. I've used HPTuners in the past for small adjustments on my LS cars and nothing can compare.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Then why say anything about the "end" user in the first place? A Few people might use this as a "end user" But most, just like SCT will have a tuner...tune there cars. So what your using to defend yourself is not valid.

I thought you might be on the offensive about this because it has the potential to hurt your lund tuning sales. I can see now this is not the case by re reading your posts.
:rolleyes:

Me, I'm all for what ever tools we have to tune with on this platform. I can see your apparently worried about all the blown up motors we are gonna see.

Agreed, more tools and options are always good.

I agree with the blown up engine part to the end user that jumps in over his head. We have a slightly different approach though. Excellent documentation with every parameter, and user levels.

Beginners can select that user level to keep them out of trouble. Pros can see EVERYTHING.

The problem isn't that tuning these cars is to complex. The problem is there is little public info available on how to do it. I'm hoping that providing the HOW TO alleviate that issue.

Yep, lots of guys think they can be a superstar overnight. And this platform is much more involved than previous.

Most know you do a great job with your people Eric.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Im interested in what Shaun@AED thinks about this or plans to use it? With his genius talent for tuning and now looking to be a superior software, I would love to hear his thoughts.

04compgt

Established Member
Eric, will this work with someone per say that already has HPTuners? Like just buying credits to tune the Mustang? Or will there be new hardware to be purchased to tune the Mustangs?

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Eric, will this work with someone per say that already has HPTuners? Like just buying credits to tune the Mustang? Or will there be new hardware to be purchased to tune the Mustangs?

You would just need the Ford credits. Existing hardware will work. It will also do Dodge once that part of the software is released.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Eric, did you already answer the question about needing a tuner or not to upload the tune? This would be for regular people going to a tuner to get a tune. Should we need a handheld like SCT?

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Eric, did you already answer the question about needing a tuner or not to upload the tune? This would be for regular people going to a tuner to get a tune. Should we need a handheld like SCT?

Currently we do not have a handheld tuner. The software uses a passthru cable to flash your car. If you go to a dealer that uses HPTuners, they would use their own cable to flash your car and you would not need any hardware of your own.

If you decided to tune yourself, or wanted to be able to change tunes yourself, you would need the cable. At some point in the near future we will likely have a handheld programmer.

Here is a picture of our interface.
HPTCase.JPG

Technically, our software is free. You can download a demo here.

You just need a cable in order to license a tune in order to edit it or flash it.

cb900f

Established Member
Would this be able to read a SCT tune that we already have? And will HPTuners tunes be locked and unreadable. (Like the SCT devices)

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Would this be able to read a SCT tune that we already have? And will HPTuners tunes be locked and unreadable. (Like the SCT devices)

It will read anything that is flashed into your PCM. HP Tuners tunes that are flashed in will be able to be read out by anyone else with the ability to read a tune file out.

We may possibly enable PCM locking, which will prevent anyone but the person that locked the PCM from reading/writing the PCM, but that is undecided. We do that on GM. It is a support nightmare, because if you lose your interface, your PCM is useless, as the Ford dealers would not even be able to reflash them.

Users who are viewing this thread