HPTuners for Coyote platform is coming along very well!

scholle

Established Member
SCT seems to have held some things from end users. Liablilty issues I suppose..

I would think that since SCT's founder that also founded/owns a high-end automotive performance and tuning facility thats been in business like 20+ years would see to it that all options are accounted for.

I appereciate ALL of the work and products from people like SCT, HP tuners and all of the dedicated performace shops.

jimmypop13

Yes! This is awesome news!! I had two ls1 engined cars years ago, one cammed, the next, heads/cam, ported intake, larger injectors, larger maf and throttle body etc., and after spending way too much money on one tune for the first and two tunes for the second and not being completely satisfied with daily driving characteristics, I decided to learn to do it myself. I attended a class, bought three books on tuning, a DVD by Greg Banish, a wideband o2 sensor, and HP Tuners software. Over the next few months, I took the car out with my laptop and worked on, got the correct injector info, got the maf curve corrected, among many other adjustments, and I was able to use the hptuners forum for help anytime I found myself clueless.
When I got my 2009 HHR SS, I was able to tune it right away too for the minimal air intake and exhaust cutout I installed.
I found this thread searching Google to try and find what the mustang crowd uses to tune their cars. I was sad to find that it looks very different from the LSx community as most people choose to pay for tunes in programmers over the internet and I couldn't find a big forum of people tuning the cars themselves. The only program I found for tuning yourself on a laptop was SCT. I've found the only way to tune a modified car for me is to do it myself with a wideband. It makes me very excited that HPTuners is coming to the 5.0 coyote Mustang as I have the itch for a new v8 and I'm planning on getting a 2015. Hopefully it will be the same ECU and only take a short period of time before we can tune those cars with HPTuners also! Congrats to HPTuners

Last edited:

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes! This is awesome news!! I had two ls1 engined cars years ago, one cammed, the next, heads/cam, ported intake, larger injectors, larger maf and throttle body etc., and after spending way too much money on one tune for the first and two tunes for the second and not being completely satisfied with daily driving characteristics, I decided to learn to do it myself. I attended a class, bought three books on tuning, a DVD by Greg Banish, a wideband o2 sensor, and HP Tuners software. Over the next few months, I took the car out with my laptop and worked on, got the correct injector info, got the maf curve corrected, among many other adjustments, and I was able to use the hptuners forum for help anytime I found myself clueless.
When I got my 2009 HHR SS, I was able to tune it right away too for the minimal air intake and exhaust cutout I installed.
I found this thread searching Google to try and find what the mustang crowd uses to tune their cars. I was sad to find that it looks very different from the LSx community as most people choose to pay for tunes in programmers over the internet and I couldn't find a big forum of people tuning the cars themselves. The only program I found for tuning yourself on a laptop was SCT. I've found the only way to tune a modified car for me is to do it myself with a wideband. It makes me very excited that HPTuners is coming to the 5.0 coyote Mustang as I have the itch for a new v8 and I'm planning on getting a 2015. Hopefully it will be the same ECU and only take a short period of time before we can tune those cars with HPTuners also! Congrats to HPTuners

I will be adding support for the 2015 as soon as they are available.

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How are things going? Are we still looking at end of Q1 for release?

Sorta. 2.25 is in Beta now. Besides having Coyote support, the entire code base has been re-written from the ground up, so everything had to be retested. Once the licensing portion is done, you will be able to use it to tune your car so long as I have the definition done, and I have a few done already. Shouldn't be much longer.

If you have the BETA, you can read out your current tune. We have been having everyone with access to send in a stock read of their vehicle so I can add support for each operating system.

Mike5.OH

Glad to see a new tuning option out there, especially one with as much flexibility as HP Tuners. Will this 5.0 version support changes to automatic transmission settings on the 6R80, such as shift speed, firmness, and torque management? I would expect so, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask...

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Glad to see a new tuning option out there, especially one with as much flexibility as HP Tuners. Will this 5.0 version support changes to automatic transmission settings on the 6R80, such as shift speed, firmness, and torque management? I would expect so, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask...

Yes sir, it is all there.

mhyjek

Established Member
Sorta. 2.25 is in Beta now. Besides having Coyote support, the entire code base has been re-written from the ground up, so everything had to be retested. Once the licensing portion is done, you will be able to use it to tune your car so long as I have the definition done, and I have a few done already. Shouldn't be much longer.

If you have the BETA, you can read out your current tune. We have been having everyone with access to send in a stock read of their vehicle so I can add support for each operating system.

Hi Eric,
I don't have HP yet; Can I buy it with beta? Or is it only for people who have it for another platform, until release?

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Update: Today I read out the stock tune on my personal 2014 Mustang GT, then edited the tune, and flashed it back in succesfully. We are getting very close!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I remember all the trouble you had, and you used some pretty big name Houston area tuners to boot! FYI I am the guy that bought your GMMG pipes several years ago, had an 01 NBM Z at the time.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Update: Today I read out the stock tune on my personal 2014 Mustang GT, then edited the tune, and flashed it back in succesfully. We are getting very close!

Save me! I hate SCT, went to datalog my car tonight to make some tune adjustments. 3 hours later nothing. Device needs to be updated, however their new "auto updater" wont recognize my device. Tried everything under the moon. This isn't the first time this has happened to me or people close to me.

One time I was actually at the gas station stranded, tune wouldn't upload or return to stock. All of the sudden when the tow truck gets there hours later, it finally flashed the tune. LOL, POS.

Over it...the struggle is real.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Save me! I hate SCT, went to datalog my car tonight to make some tune adjustments. 3 hours later nothing. Device needs to be updated, however their new "auto updater" wont recognize my device. Tried everything under the moon. This isn't the first time this has happened to me or people close to me.

One time I was actually at the gas station stranded, tune wouldn't upload or return to stock. All of the sudden when the tow truck gets there hours later, it finally flashed the tune. LOL, POS.

Over it...the struggle is real.

sounds like the driver

redline5.0

Established Member
Dam it would be fun to tune my own car but man this coyote platform is to advanced for me. I tuned my mazdaspeed 3 my self but it was pretty easy. Good work Eric!

01bluesnake

Established Member
Awesome, great to see its finally out. Any way if i get this, i can send in my Aviator's file, or is it already supported just not listed? I think im sold on this, may have to throw up my my SCT tuner and PRP FS.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I've seen some of my GM buddies use HP tuners and I've always liked it. Glad to see a new product out and another option out there for people.

Users who are viewing this thread